Author Topic: Breaking Bad Discussion >>>>>  (Read 56303 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: Breaking Bad Discussion >>>>>
« Reply #135 on: September 16, 2013, 03:43:55 pm »
This show has never been boring.  Ever.  I will miss it.
I think this is it. It's plain and simple. There might be 1 episode that everyone seems to think is boring [The Fly?], but really, it's a great series overall and I can't believe there are only/still 2 episodes left.

The ending of the last episode/beginning of this episode shit on so many other series finales and they are still chugging away.

Game Of Thrones might shit out character and slash them off almost on a weekly basis, but I haven't really truly cared. This last episode of Breaking Bad was insane. Seeing Gomey down I just thought "Whoa."
‼‼?‼‼

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #136 on: September 16, 2013, 03:53:07 pm »
Mad Men is great, but has dropped off in the last couple of season.  What really makes Breaking Bad great is that each season has been better than the previous one and they are on track to go out on a high note.
Oh, I disagree completely. I think the most recent season of Mad Men is far and away the best of the entire series.

Agree up with the Twin Peaks love but it came off the rails midway thru season 2. Six Feet Under was good but I don't understand people who claim it was the best show of all time.

Game of Thrones I won't even watch.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #137 on: September 16, 2013, 03:54:05 pm »
Mad Men is great, but has dropped off in the last couple of season.  What really makes Breaking Bad great is that each season has been better than the previous one and they are on track to go out on a high note.
Oh, I disagree completely. I think the most recent season of Mad Men is far and away the best of the entire series.

Agree up with the Twin Peaks love but it came off the rails midway thru season 2. Six Feet Under was good but I don't understand people who claim it was the best show of all time.

What's your favorite show of all time?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #138 on: September 16, 2013, 04:21:11 pm »

Game Of Thrones is entertaining, but I've gotten bored and it only took 3 seasons. It's pretty much a slasher film. No one's safe and you're almost watching just to see who will die instead of seeing who will win.

Funny:
Good Christ was that astonishing television. #BreakingBad
? Damon Lindelof (@DamonLindelof)
‼‼?‼‼

slappy

« Reply #139 on: September 16, 2013, 04:27:55 pm »

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #140 on: September 16, 2013, 04:33:17 pm »
Anyone else catch this?

‼‼?‼‼

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #141 on: September 16, 2013, 06:31:40 pm »
I rather like GOT primarily because Peter Dinklage owns his part and it has some of the strongest female characters on TV right.  Just how much of a bad ass is Emilia Clarke as  Daenerys Targaryen , yes the dragons help but...

If you are looking for messed-up, then "Hit Or Miss" currently on Netflix is pretty high on that scale.  Starring Chloe Sevigny it's definitely not one you want to watch with children around.  It's created by the same guy behind the original UK Shameless and State of Play.  I watched all six episodes in a marathon...

Speaking of the the UK version of Shameless, I recently finished watching all it's season. While the first when James McAvoy is the probably the best and well worth seeing, the remaining seasons are hit and miss but it never shy's away from being shameless.  Because UK TV contracts are done season by season, many new characters came and went through out it's run.
T.Rex

« Reply #142 on: September 17, 2013, 08:25:53 am »
What's your favorite show of all time?
I think it's hard to compare shows of different types (dramas, comedys, etc.) against each other. Mad Men, The OC, and Seinfeld were simply better, IMO, at accomplishing what they wanted to do than any other program was at accomplishing what it was trying to do.

I will always have an undying love also for (in no order): In Treatment, Breaking Bad, The Hills, Deadwood, Sex And The City, Big Love, Cheers, Homeland, Gossip Girl, The Wire, Twin Peaks, The Practice/Boston Legal.

I would rank Lost up there really highly if the third season finale was the series finale. The final four seasons of that were a complete cluster though.
LVMH

« Reply #143 on: September 17, 2013, 08:26:29 am »
Anyone else catch this?

I... don't recall the first half of that image. The plane crash?

*turns in BB fan card*
LVMH

K8teebug

« Reply #144 on: September 17, 2013, 08:55:03 am »
Completely agree about Lost.  I recently watched it again and couldn't even watch the last season.  It's so so bad.

Nice to see some love for In Treatment!  Loved that show!

The last episode of Mad Men was just awesome.

Now back to Breaking Bad.  Will we love Walt when he dies to save Jesse?  How did Cruicifictorius go so wrong?  Maybe it was when he killed the rapist? 

« Reply #145 on: September 17, 2013, 09:04:47 am »
Completely agree about Lost.  I recently watched it again and couldn't even watch the last season.  It's so so bad.
I can't even rewatch the first seasons. Knowing where they're going with everything just points out that 95% of the early plot was either red herrings or stuff the writers decided to throw away and makes the whole experience unstomachable. Its the only show whose eventual decline in quality so tainted the early stuff I can't even sit through it.

If anyone ever asks me what is the most underrated TV show ever, I say In Treatment. It has none of the cult following one would think it has and its concept was so, so unique. It's so crazy that a show that is basically nothing but dialogue and bottle episodes actually put out like, what, 100 episodes? You know Aaron Sorkin is ridiculously jealous he didn't come up with this concept. The depiction of therapeutic practices is way off but virtually every patient was thrilling from a character development standpoint. I really wish this would come out on blu-ray.

Will we love Walt when he dies to save Jesse? 
Save him? I'm working off the assumption he figures out the Nazis didn't off him and that's his reason for returning.

How did Cruicifictorius go so wrong?  Maybe it was when he killed the rapist? 
That kid has a pretty solid post-FNL career going. Role in a Paul Thomas Anderson film and Breaking Bad. He's not a bad actor at all.
LVMH

nkotb

« Reply #146 on: September 17, 2013, 10:24:05 am »
Yeah, but I wouldn't do Walter White.

Mad Men "sucks" or "nothing ever happens on it"

Whatever.  Don Draper and Walter White are cut from the same cloth.  It is not a coincidence that both Mad Men and Breaking Bad have name-checked Ozymandias.  Both series are about the arc of a man who starts out somewhat admirable only to see their "empire" decline - not to mention their personal downfalls.  It's the time-tested story of hubris, which the Greeks were writing about thousands of years ago.  Kudos to both Matthew Weiner and Vince Gilligan for updating it to the modern times.  It is no less relevant today. 

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #147 on: September 17, 2013, 10:25:35 am »
Anyone else catch this?

I... don't recall the first half of that image. The plane crash?

*turns in BB fan card*
It's the very first image of the entire series. The pants go flying into the air and then we see the RV speeding through the desert.
‼‼?‼‼

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #148 on: September 17, 2013, 10:33:25 am »

The last episode of Mad Men was just awesome.

Now back to Breaking Bad.  Will we love Walt when he dies to save Jesse?  How did Cruicifictorius go so wrong?  Maybe it was when he killed the rapist? 
Lost was a show I truly did love as a drama and it turned into what Dexter is now. Just un-fucking-bearable. I told myself I would get through the end of Dexter because he HAS to die or get caught. But with like 3 or 4 episodes left it's just so god damned boring that I stopped watching.

Dexter is so fucking bad. Peaked at season 4 and it should have stopped right then and there. He was defeated. That was it.

Back to an amazing show, Breaking Bad. I'm still trying to piece together how Walt gets an M60...
‼‼?‼‼

K8teebug

« Reply #149 on: September 17, 2013, 11:08:18 am »
I agree with your opinion on Dexter.  I spoiled the last episode for myself.