Author Topic: Musicological banter  (Read 895438 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Musicological banter
« Reply #1530 on: January 06, 2016, 10:03:06 pm »
Gaz Coombes will soon be announcing some US tour dates, hopefully it's not one of those NYC/LA type tours...
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #1531 on: January 06, 2016, 11:19:01 pm »
Gaz Coombes will soon be announcing some US tour dates, hopefully it's not one of those NYC/LA type tours...

U ST HALL!!!!!!!!

« Reply #1532 on: January 11, 2016, 04:06:00 pm »
Folks, we're filming an experimental music video with Two Inch Astronaut and we NEED YOUR HELP.

Concept for the video is we set up the dudes in the middle of the room then surround them with a circle of people all holding out selfie sticks looking in at the band. They play through the track while everyone records video simultaneously with their selfie stick-mounted phones.

Once we've captured that footage everyone will offload it from their phones onto Mike O'Brien's computer. He'll then edit between the footage to create a final music video that swoops through the various selfie-stick-mounted perspectives of the people arrangement.

This has every possibility of being a nauseating and terrible final product or it might be cool. Either way we want to give it a shot.

IF YOU'D LIKE TO HELP MAKE THIS VIDEO AND HAVE A SMARTPHONE THAT CAN RECORD VIDEO PLEASE COME HELP US BY HOLDING A SELFIE STICK AND FILMING PART OF THIS THING!!!

We have 30 selfie sticks already but if you have one and can bring it too it will only help to have more.

ROUGH SCHEDULE:

Noon - Arrive at HITS. Begin Setting Up.
 1:00pm - Begin Filming.
 2:00pm - Finish Filming. Begin Footage Offload
 3:00pm - Complete Footage Offload.
 4:00pm - $$$ PROFIT $$$

Sunday at 12 PM - 3 PM
Hole in the Sky Collective
2110 5th St NE, Fl 2ND, Washington, District of Columbia 20002

slack

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1533 on: January 16, 2016, 12:29:01 pm »
From David Thomas' Facebook page:

Ubu Rule #3. Trust the first idea you get.
This principle is not for the weak-willed and untrained. It's possibly inspired by Eric Carmen. Eric Carmen was the leader of The Raspberries, a 70s Cleveland pop band with a number of big hits. He had a vision. He was going to write a hit record and he was going to call it 'Hit Record' and it would be a hit record. He went to the record company and they said, "You can't call it that!" and they made him change the title to 'Overnight Sensation.' It became a hit record and the word is that Eric was so crushed by the disappointment that he never quite recovered. Possibly apocryphal but that's not relevant.

Then his response to the comment, "Love Wally Harper's guitar work on the Raspberries...":

Do you mean Bryson? I wanted to ask him to do a lead on the last RFTT album but chickened out. Paul knows him and he doesn't live from from Suma, but... It's like the time I was supposed to call Van Dyke Parks to produce the 'Worlds In Collision' album. I was flown out to LA to do it, I sat in a hotel room 3 days getting up the nerve. I finally dialed. He answered and I hung up. Yes, Van Dyke, that was me.
😐 🎶

azaghal1981

« Reply #1534 on: January 16, 2016, 04:22:40 pm »
I may have mentioned this on here already but Parks' Twitter is one of the better ones. It's like an on-going Youtube mix tape with various other musings thrown in here and there.
احمد

walk,on,by

« Reply #1535 on: January 17, 2016, 12:16:58 am »
It's over, lil wayne.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1536 on: January 21, 2016, 06:35:05 pm »
😐 🎶

bearman🐻

« Reply #1537 on: January 28, 2016, 12:17:24 am »
Sounds like Curve has some news coming soon. Not sure if it's a reissue, reunion or what...but it sounds promising.

killsaly

« Reply #1538 on: January 28, 2016, 12:44:23 am »
Dean did post this on Facebook today... Plenty of SPC ECO mentions..

BUT, the last line is "Other shit going down that I can't speak of just yet but yeah, it's cool" (maybe that is the Curve news...)

Also, badass he is working with Preston of Bloody Knives.

All sorts going down, New S E record done and in the bag, June release via SMR (Vinyl and CD) very very pleased with it, Rose just gets better by the day and the bass aint half bad either. Monti helped with this one so expect a smattering of noisy fills and some other tasty shit. 50 one off and individual Lino print Anomalies T shirts are in the to do tray, more on those soon. Working on a conceptual S E project to, very cool idea that will either be brilliant or awesome if we get it sorted, gonna try and publish it before the Anomalies album is released, gonna take some doing but we have the ways and Mont's Bentley Mega Comp with us atm...Will turn up everything there is to turn up...

Working on some new tracks with Preston Maddox as well that are just fucking awesome, looking for an album release this year. Not sure what it'll be called but I think you'll be digging it this summer, I'm loving what we have so far...

Monti and I have made an album that is dark n moody as fuck, we've just gotta to mix it which Mont thinks will take an hour. Looking to publish twenty minutes after that is sorted. Bax named us M.A.D (work it out) that is sticking. That Rose is featured too, def one to dip into any goody bag and zone the fuck out to.... Love.

Other shit going down that I can't speak of just yet but yeah, it's cool
smile emoticon
xx
Look at the fucking time..I must be mad...

killsaly

« Reply #1539 on: January 28, 2016, 01:32:09 am »
Also on Curve's Facebook page:
".  Happy New Year everyone. sorry it's late I've been snowed under with stuff, have only just come up for air.

Interesting turn of events looming....More soon."

killsaly

« Reply #1540 on: January 28, 2016, 12:39:44 pm »
Oh, Monti drummed in Curve, and Dean/Monti have a project coming this year... Probably not a Curve reunion or anything...

killsaly

walk,on,by

« Reply #1542 on: January 28, 2016, 05:34:16 pm »
new rihanna.  horrible.  that's, all. 

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1543 on: January 29, 2016, 01:28:10 pm »
Just found out that one of members of Bombay Bicycle Club is the son of Kristy MacColl. 

Apparently Andy Partridge wrote songs for The Monkees at some point.  I also like the fact he follows no one on Twitter.
T.Rex

« Reply #1544 on: January 29, 2016, 02:09:14 pm »
Just found out that
I think you are supposed to use TIL -> today I learned
slack