Author Topic: Musicological banter  (Read 1083246 times)

hutch

Re: Musicological banter
« Reply #3765 on: October 03, 2024, 12:16:21 am »
What’s the point?

« Reply #3766 on: October 03, 2024, 11:55:32 am »
Johnny marr sold out warner for Sunday...only resale tix left
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3767 on: October 03, 2024, 12:15:38 pm »
Johnny marr sold out warner for Sunday...only resale tix left

That would Marr and James sold out Sunday,,.  really wish James could do a solo tour of the US instead of getting stuck doing 75 minute co-headlining sets, but I get this is the reality of touring for many UK acts... at least they didn't muck this tour up by adding a third useless act to the bill like the did when James toured with Pysch Furs.

based on the setlists James is doing some of their crowd pleasures on their ever changing setlists and Marr is sticking to a set with about half The Smiths/Electronic and solo songs... maybe Marr's set will turn into one big singalong

looks like James is generally going first and i'm guessing there is enough crossover between the two that the James fans will stay put...
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3768 on: October 08, 2024, 07:58:48 am »
Was anyone aware or heard of this album of Nick Cave covers a then 14 year old Nell Smith did with the Flaming Lips called "Where The Viaduct Looms" that was recorded during COVID lockdowns and released in 2021.

I just learned about this record as Nell Smith who was set to release her debut album on Bella Union next year was just tragically killed in a car crash. 

It's a rough time for The Flaming Lips as their drummer's daughter has gone missing.
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #3770 on: October 08, 2024, 09:01:10 am »
Koz, way to get me all depressed going into my 8:30 meeting
both those stories are just horrible and make me feel horrible for their parents (not that there is a shortage of horrible stories)
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3771 on: October 08, 2024, 09:58:31 am »
Given the Venn Diagram of Nick Cave and Flaming Lips enthusiast on this forum, I figured I ease into this news... 

I did give the album a listen and it's a very nice listen
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3772 on: October 09, 2024, 10:07:06 am »
So how is SideWelshMusicAficionado feeling about underground rapper L E M F R E C K winning this years Welsh Music Prize?  I'm listening today and it's worth listen.  I was still working my way through the shortlist and finding some new interesting releases.

https://wmp.cymru/nominees/
« Last Edit: October 09, 2024, 10:09:56 am by kosmo vinyl »
T.Rex

« Reply #3773 on: October 09, 2024, 10:35:11 am »
It's a rough time for The Flaming Lips as their drummer's daughter has gone missing.
in good news

The Flaming Lips' Steven Drozd's Daughter Has Been Found & Is ‘Safe'
slack

« Reply #3774 on: October 09, 2024, 10:38:32 am »
So how is SideWelshMusicAficionado feeling about underground rapper L E M F R E C K winning this years Welsh Music Prize?  I'm listening today and it's worth listen.  I was still working my way through the shortlist and finding some new interesting releases.
where is his Welsh accent?  I can actually understand what he is saying?  Can you really be Welsh if Americans can understand you when you are talking?

although, I like what I hear
« Last Edit: October 09, 2024, 10:40:07 am by Multivisti-hatch lııllı|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #3775 on: October 09, 2024, 11:56:55 am »
where is his Welsh accent?  I can actually understand what he is saying?  Can you really be Welsh if Americans can understand you when you are talking?

You can only be called "Welsh" if you come from the Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch region of Wales.
😐 🎶

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3776 on: October 09, 2024, 12:38:22 pm »

You can only be called "Welsh" if you come from the Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch region of Wales.

Plus he's second generation Windrush so he has Jamaican ancestry.  Plus, where he's from  South Wales and isn't far from Bristol 
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3777 on: October 09, 2024, 12:43:22 pm »
ok this is making my head hurt and might send Justin into a tailspin...

Dookie Demastered: 15 tracks. 15 formats. The way it was never meant to be heard. 30 years later. Now available at http://dookiedemastered.com

The album that exploded punk rock 30 years ago, re-exploded onto obscure, obsolete, and inconvenient formats.

Track formats
1   Burnout   Player Piano Roll
2   Having A Blast   Floppy Disk
3   Chump   Teddy Ruxpin
4   Longview   Doorbell
5   Welcome to Paradise   Game Boy Cartridge
6   Pulling Teeth   Toothbrush
7   Basket Case   Big Mouth Billie Bass
8   She   HitClip
9   Sassafras Roots   8-Track
10   When I Come Around   Wax Cylinder
11   Coming Clean   X-Ray Record
12   Emenius Sleepus   Answering Machine
13   In The End   MiniDisc
14   F.O.D.   Fisher Price Record
15   All By Myself   Music Box

You can enter a drawing for a chance to buy one of these...
T.Rex

« Reply #3778 on: October 09, 2024, 12:55:22 pm »
I don't know which one I want more
Teddy Ruxpin ($99!  D cell batteries not included!)
Big Mouth Billie Bass
or the OG classic:   Wax Cylinder (good value at $49)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2024, 01:06:44 pm by Multivisti-hatch lııllı|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3779 on: October 09, 2024, 01:27:50 pm »
Guys I got one of these on Teddy Rustin Store Day 2023 at my local Build A Bear Workshop and let me tell you, it’s worth it.
LVMH