Author Topic: 25 Douchiest Bars In DC  (Read 15870 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
25 Douchiest Bars In DC
« on: August 02, 2012, 04:25:55 pm »
I mean, who hasn't been saying this for years? [referring to no. 1]

http://www.complex.com/city-guide/2012/08/the-25-douchiest-bars-in-washington-dc/

Pretty surprised Red Room is on there, it's far from the douchiest hipster bar, imo.
‼‼?‼‼

Yada

Re: 25 Douchiest Bars In DC
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 04:33:39 pm »
I mean, who hasn't been saying this for years? [referring to no. 1]

http://www.complex.com/city-guide/2012/08/the-25-douchiest-bars-in-washington-dc/

Pretty surprised Red Room is on there, it's far from the douchiest hipster bar, imo.

This list couldn't be more accurate.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 05:19:16 pm »
I enjoyed that. Took me down memory lane.

I hope these bars have closed

Dragonfly - when I walked in I honestly thought it was the warehouse that they stored the mannequins after Hecht's went out of business.

Polly's - which is a cross between a Bernie Madoff scam going by the price of the beer. To a English highschool in the 70's judging by the verbal abuse dished out by the staff.

4P's
- just because you walk your next door neighbours Kerry Blue called Murphy
doesn't make you Irish. Toolbag!

BTW -Is Millie and Al's still open in Adams Morgan?

azaghal1981

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 05:33:29 pm »
I was expecting Smith Point at #1.
احمد

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 05:41:42 pm »
I haven't been to the Red Room in a few years, but it's still FAR from one of the top 25 douchiest bars in DC.

I like Rocket Bar. I hate going there on event nights, but other than that, it's a good place. What can I say? There are usually TONS of hot women there and I've had decent success there.

I also don't understand how My Brother's Place is on there. One of the least pretentious bars in the city in one of its most hard to find locations.

Thought Sign of the Whale would at least be top 3. Tommy Joe's description was spot on. Cafe Citron sucks, too.

slappy

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 05:54:12 pm »

^ this. Also expected Rumors to be higher.
It's also missing POV at W Hotel, Cafe Milano, and The Tombs.
The writer got lazy and forgot douchiest isn't synonymous with gross. Green Turtle?
And if your going to have Heaven & Hell, you gotta include Tom Tom, and The Reef.

azaghal1981

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 06:06:03 pm »
Swap The Red Room with Eighteenth Street Lounge.
احمد

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 07:01:05 pm »
i used to the think that the bar at kinkeads was stuck up and horrible . . . but then i just opened myself up and made quick friends with the bartenders relating to their general lives and not the place where they work.  you get treated like a king by the staff, with others coming around to see what the  bartenders are having such a good time about.  i like times like that.  i feel good.  i can relate to restaurant/bar workstaff.  they are nice. 

the point is, no bar is douchie . . . only the person's douchie perception of it.

azaghal1981

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 07:41:06 pm »
This list focuses more on those who frequent a bar than its staff.
احمد

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 08:12:13 pm »
oh.

azaghal1981

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 08:14:26 pm »
I mean the staff were mentioned in a few of the entries but most of the focus was on clientele.
احمد

Yada

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 10:13:46 pm »

^ this. Also expected Rumors to be higher.
It's also missing POV at W Hotel, Cafe Milano, and The Tombs.
The writer got lazy and forgot douchiest isn't synonymous with gross. Green Turtle?
And if your going to have Heaven & Hell, you gotta include Tom Tom, and The Reef.

Tom Tom closed a few years ago.

i used to the think that the bar at kinkeads was stuck up and horrible . . . but then i just opened myself up and made quick friends with the bartenders relating to their general lives and not the place where they work.  you get treated like a king by the staff, with others coming around to see what the  bartenders are having such a good time about.  i like times like that.  i feel good.  i can relate to restaurant/bar workstaff.  they are nice. 

the point is, no bar is douchie . . . only the person's douchie perception of it.

Who the hell hangs out at the bar at Kinkaids?? Great food, but terrible atmosphere and definitely not cool.. Just curious, does someone choose to hang out at the bar in that restaurant?? Walky?????

K8teebug

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2012, 10:09:12 am »
Totally disagree with Red Room.  And I've never seen anyone get sick there.  I love that bar.

atomicfront

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2012, 10:28:50 am »
Being from Baltimore I have only been to a couple of these places.  Rumors - I went there in 1984 because a coworker suggested it and we were teenagers and couldn't legally drink in Maryland..  It was a new wave bar that played music videos.  It was Ok from what I remembered. It had a dance floor which is always a plus.

But I think this list is made by someone who has trouble with the opposite sex. 

Yada

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2012, 10:32:35 am »
Being from Baltimore I have only been to a couple of these places.  Rumors - I went there in 1984 because a coworker suggested it and we were teenagers and couldn't legally drink in Maryland..  It was a new wave bar that played music videos.  It was Ok from what I remembered. It had a dance floor which is always a plus.

But I think this list is made by someone who has trouble with the opposite sex. 

HAHAHA.