Author Topic: 2013 Albums  (Read 207976 times)

i am gay and i like cats

Re: 2013 Albums
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 09:21:30 am »
i hope they name the album

句丹レヨ 工己 日丹亡片

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2012, 09:24:47 am »
idk about nick. mikey shoes has been playing bass with them for a while. he's a solid player and he can scream like nick when he needs to. from what ive read, josh and nick are on okay terms these days, but i'd be pretty shocked if he's invited back into the band. cant say i blame josh either. nick's recent arrest kinda vindicated josh for the rumors that he fired nick for beating his gf.

joey will almost certainly stay in the queens family, whether it's eagles of death metal, desert sessions, picking up on tour after dave leaves, etc. i gotta imagine its a bit of a confidence hit to be asked to step aside on the album though.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2012, 03:14:04 pm »
I feel like every year I hope for a new Queens Of The Stone Age album and it never happens. But they have been teasing with pictures from the studio on their FB page. So, hopefully that.

Also heard some new Death From Above 1979 songs from their live shows in Canada. UGH. That would be amazing to get a new album from them next year...
‼‼?‼‼

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2012, 01:54:25 pm »
This is pretty cool news. I wonder what's gonna happen to Joey the Sexy Mexi? Hopefully he stays in Eagles of Death Metal permanently. I actually really like his enthusiasm and drumming. This also makes me think that Nick Oliveri might be coming back to Queens soon as well. Didn't they hire some no name bassist recently? Seemed like a stopgap until Nick is off probation or whatever.

Dave Grohl Rejoins Queens of the Stone Age for New Album, Joey Castillo Is Out
http://www.spin.com/articles/dave-grohl-queens-of-the-stone-age-new-album

Michael Shuman is on bass, he played with the band around Era Vulgaris.

since the grohl announcement didn't create enough hate here, let's try this:
Trent Reznor: Nine Inch Nails' New Album Will Happen
http://www.spin.com/articles/nine-inch-nails-trent-reznor-rolling-stone-interview

says they might tour, also.
<sig>

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2012, 06:08:11 pm »
This is pretty cool news. I wonder what's gonna happen to Joey the Sexy Mexi? Hopefully he stays in Eagles of Death Metal permanently. I actually really like his enthusiasm and drumming. This also makes me think that Nick Oliveri might be coming back to Queens soon as well. Didn't they hire some no name bassist recently? Seemed like a stopgap until Nick is off probation or whatever.

Dave Grohl Rejoins Queens of the Stone Age for New Album, Joey Castillo Is Out
http://www.spin.com/articles/dave-grohl-queens-of-the-stone-age-new-album

Michael Shuman is on bass, he played with the band around Era Vulgaris.

since the grohl announcement didn't create enough hate here, let's try this:
Trent Reznor: Nine Inch Nails' New Album Will Happen
http://www.spin.com/articles/nine-inch-nails-trent-reznor-rolling-stone-interview

says they might tour, also.

what does it mean when a band says they are done, that is it, no more albums, no more tours, and then they just go right back to putting out another album and another tour, like widespread panic, it looks like they are doing the same thing, and coming back once again, really man, i'm totally misuing the commas here.

K8teebug

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2012, 09:57:25 am »
I love going to see Nine Inch Nails, so I'm cool with it. 

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2012, 10:29:14 am »
http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2012/11/dave-grohl-returns-to-queens-of-the-stone-age/

His name is Mike something.... But this is awesome news.

The "Musical Illuminati" seem to hold QOTSA to some sort of weird standard, Dave Grohl is accepted as long as he's tied to Josh Home [See EODM, Them Crooked Vultures] I also think it has a lot to do with how Grohl looks at Queens [Foo Fighters being his wife, Queens being the "hot fuck" in college he'll never forget]. Their most commercially successful album, although I think Rated R has higher critical acclaim. Didn't Rolling Stone declare it one of the best "hard rock" albums of the decade?

I've been dying for a new album and new tour. Really wish they would have come through DC on the Rated R re-issue tour. I still have their poster from 2005 when they played at the Club.

As for EoDM, I think they could have had a new album but Jesse went on to make a solo album "Honkey Kong", so I don't know what that says for Eagles. My favorite show of theirs was back at the Black Cat. So much energy, Jesse is a great frontman.
‼‼?‼‼

killsaly

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2012, 11:34:09 am »
I love going to see Nine Inch Nails, so I'm cool with it. 
I would also love to go see them again.  Its been three times and every single show was memorable and a lot of fun. 

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2012, 11:43:34 am »
Foo Fighters being his wife, Queens being the "hot fuck" in college he'll never forget

Great way to put it.

K8teebug

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2012, 11:54:24 am »
Ironically, the last time I remember Queens coming through was when they opened for Nine Inch Nails.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2012, 12:29:41 pm »
Ironically, the last time I remember Queens coming through was when they opened for Nine Inch Nails.
I was there for that! Death From Above 1979 played before Queens as well. First NIN concert and it was effing awesome. Wish that whole bill would tour again.

Last time they came was after Era Vulgaris and it was at Rams Head Live.
‼‼?‼‼

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2012, 12:43:15 pm »
i saw that show as well.  got very close on the floor.  the visuals.  after i left . . . i was changed.

K8teebug

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2012, 02:35:41 pm »
I was there for that! Death From Above 1979 played before Queens as well. First NIN concert and it was effing awesome. Wish that whole bill would tour again.

Last time they came was after Era Vulgaris and it was at Rams Head Live.

I was there too.  Right up front.  LOVED it.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2012, 04:30:47 pm »
I was kind of in the middle of the crowd, went up and went a little crazy when they closed with "Song For The Dead", loved the whole chandelier set up that they had. It was also my first experience at Rams Head.

I wonder if 930 could ever get that double bill that I've seen around a few times now with Arctic Monkeys opening and Queens Of The Stone Age headlining. Fanboygasm.
‼‼?‼‼