Author Topic: Pitchfork writers needed  (Read 13457 times)

redsock

Re: Pitchfork writers needed
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2004, 01:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:

Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

do you have the kahuna's to accept the challenge?
I think you mean "cojones" [/b]
you say cojones I say kahuna's...let's call the whole thing off! [/b]
You should say cojones, it sounds tougher. You need all the tough you can get.

thirsty moore

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2004, 01:23:00 pm »
You've spent far too long in America.  Your review should have read...

I drank a pint while listening to this.  I preferred the pint.

"Singers with voices of angels singing lame lyrics accompanied by very sub-par musicians. A band at the pinnacle of very mediocre careers."

mankie

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2004, 01:27:00 pm »
Originally posted by redsock:

Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

do you have the kahuna's to accept the challenge?
I think you mean "cojones" [/b]
you say cojones I say kahuna's...let's call the whole thing off! [/b]
You should say cojones, it sounds tougher. You need all the tough you can get. [/b]
I stopped needing tough after I turned 16.

mankie

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2004, 01:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by thirsty moore:
 [QB]
 I took a shit while listening to this.  I preferred the shit.

That's what the mancunian in me wanted to write....I was just trying to be more diplomatic for Redsock.

thirsty moore

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2004, 01:31:00 pm »
Either you have a stereo in your bathroom or you walk around with headphones on all day.

That's what the mancunian in me wanted to write....I was just trying to be more diplomatic for Redsock.

redsock

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2004, 01:36:00 pm »
  Either you have a stereo in your bathroom or you walk around with headphones on all day.

[/b]
At least my girlfriend has the voice of an angel. I'd prefer taking a dump over listening to the guys in the band jam out too.

redsock

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2004, 01:42:00 pm »

"Singers with voices of angels singing lame lyrics accompanied by very sub-par musicians. A band at the pinnacle of very mediocre careers."
but for the record, they are pretty decent musicians.

mankie

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2004, 01:43:00 pm »

[/b]
At least my girlfriend has the voice of an angel. I'd prefer taking a dump over listening to the guys in the band jam out too. [/b]
See, we kind of agree...your girlfriend is being held back by the band IMHO...

redsock

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2004, 01:46:00 pm »

[/b]
At least my girlfriend has the voice of an angel. I'd prefer taking a dump over listening to the guys in the band jam out too. [/b]
See, we kind of agree...your girlfriend is being held back by the band IMHO... [/b]
Well, I would say that some of the styles incorporated by the rest of the band could be better...but she would argue that is what compromise is all about...

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2004, 04:38:00 pm »
Besides, we need reviews written about good music. Not sure your tastes (Waterboys, cough, cough) really cut it.
You must be very young.
😐 🎶

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2004, 04:43:00 pm »
Positive reviews are borrrrrrrring. I for one would love to read Mankie's trashing of various albums, assuming they are well written and offer cogent arguments. Hell, I'd even enjoy him trashing stuff I like if he makes a good argument.

Besides, we need reviews written about good music.  [/b]
HUH! What's the point in reviewing it if it's all good...isn't that the whole point of reviews???
 [/b]
Allow me to correct myself...we need reviews written about music that we anticipate might be good, by bands we know to put out good music, with a sound we think has a good chance to be good. Your taste in music makes me think at least half of your CD collection doesn't fit that mold. Which means your reviews might speak highly of shit, while giving no respect to the good stuff. [/b]

redsock

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2004, 04:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by beetsnotbeats:

Besides, we need reviews written about good music. Not sure your tastes (Waterboys, cough, cough) really cut it.
You must be very young. [/b]
No, not at all...if you referring to my dislike for everything I've heard from Mike Scott and crew, that has everything to do with my taste, not my age. Mankie's love for the Beautiful South, another band I tried and hated, futhers my feelings on the above issue. Again, nothing to do with my age. I love and appreciate plenty of bands whose careers ended before the Waterboys' began.

redsock

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2004, 04:48:00 pm »
I agree, negative reviews are necessary. Everything isn't good music, lord knows. What originally started with sarcasm, on his part, apparently has become something more than that. If Mankie really wants to participate, he's more than welcome.

Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  Positive reviews are borrrrrrrring. I for one would love to read Mankie's trashing of various albums, assuming they are well written and offer cogent arguments. Hell, I'd even enjoy him trashing stuff I like if he makes a good argument.

Besides, we need reviews written about good music.  [/b]
HUH! What's the point in reviewing it if it's all good...isn't that the whole point of reviews???
 [/b]
Allow me to correct myself...we need reviews written about music that we anticipate might be good, by bands we know to put out good music, with a sound we think has a good chance to be good. Your taste in music makes me think at least half of your CD collection doesn't fit that mold. Which means your reviews might speak highly of shit, while giving no respect to the good stuff. [/b]
[/b]

mankie

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2004, 04:51:00 pm »

No, not at all...if you referring to my dislike for everything I've heard from Mike Scott and crew, that has everything to do with my taste, not my age. Mankie's love for the Beautiful South, another band I tried and hated, futhers my feelings on the above issue. Again, nothing to do with my age. I love and appreciate plenty of bands whose careers ended before the Waterboys' began. [/b]
Well if you hate a.) The Beautiful South and b.) The Waterboys...you obviously have no respect for a). great lyrics and b.) great musicians, which explains your love for Exit Clov. I suppose the fact you're knobbing the singer doesn't do any harm either!
   :D

godsshoeshine

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2004, 04:52:00 pm »
reviews sure to be littered with "doodle" "footie" and "america not good"
o/\o