Author Topic: Robert Griffin III  (Read 79886 times)

James Ford

Re: Robert Griffin III
« Reply #240 on: September 16, 2013, 08:26:07 am »
Fire the coach.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #241 on: September 16, 2013, 09:52:22 am »
All I watch is sports and Breaking Bad on TV. I hate a lot of what's on TV. If it wasn't for sports I probably wouldn't even have satellite.

you've had an emotional two sundays in a row, then.
There was a solid 4 hours where I slept between the Skins game and Breaking Bad. I had my buddies bachelor party the night before and we didn't get home til about 6am so I was beat. I was pretty much dead during the Skins game [as were they, ZING!] so it didn't effect me too much. Breaking Bad was rough though.

Keep in mind last year the Skins were brutalized in the first half of the season through the air by mediocre and decent passing attacks. This year they went from shitty corners to inexperienced corners and the results are looking about the same. I think any and all offensive output is kind of hollow because they are just being pummeled in the first halves of these games. Alfred Morris was at about 100 yards in the 3rd though, so it looks like he's coming around. Without RG3 as a real run threat, they have to figure out another way to attack offenses.
‼‼?‼‼

shemptiness

« Reply #242 on: September 16, 2013, 10:02:16 am »
Griffin had good fantasy numbers though.  That's important, right?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #243 on: September 16, 2013, 11:50:53 am »
I guess if he's on your team. I can't tell if they're just getting their shit together in the 2nd half or if the other teams are just taking their foot off the gas pedal or if it's a shade of both. With Calvin Johnson coming to town I don't see these trends ending... Our rookies are getting fucking worked and looks like Brandon Merriweather is going to be out the rest of the season again, so, what, he played all of 2 games as a Redskin? Kick ass.
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #244 on: September 23, 2013, 08:47:23 am »
Fire the coach.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #245 on: September 23, 2013, 10:40:51 am »
What? Why?

One barely not caught ball [lol] and we're right back in the game. RG3 made plays, unfortunately so did the Lions. It's upsetting because we lost, but at least we were in it for most of the game. That fucking onside kick. Jesus Christ. How are you not aware of your field position? You know what he should have done? Let the ball hit the fucking ground and it would have landed right at the 10 yard marker THEN he could have just laid on it. Idiot.
‼‼?‼‼

shemptiness

« Reply #246 on: September 23, 2013, 01:01:49 pm »

Ouch.

hutch

« Reply #247 on: September 23, 2013, 01:06:41 pm »
some people are in denial.....

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #248 on: September 23, 2013, 02:42:27 pm »
I'm not in denial, the secondary is a mess, and people said it all last year but that offensive line was made to look good by Robert moving around and keeping plays alive. That opened up the run game. Alfred Morris doesn't have the break away speed and people said that all year. With Robert injured it doesn't open up the run game. Alfred Morris is still rushing the ball well, but we don't have great receivers. RG3 makes the team great and the team goes as he does. He's playing average, so is the team. They can't mask those terrible defensive efficiencies.

3-6 last year to 10-6 and the NFC East championship and a playoff berth. Of course I'm not saying we're going to go 13-0, but there's a whole lot of football left to be played. Being negative is way too easy.
‼‼?‼‼

ggw

« Reply #249 on: September 14, 2014, 08:59:07 pm »
KC1 > RG3

James Ford

« Reply #250 on: September 14, 2014, 09:11:51 pm »
I'm not sure which i liked him more in, Growing Pains or those Left Behind movies.

KC1 > RG3

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #251 on: September 15, 2014, 09:32:30 am »
Man. I feel for Bob. We'll see how KC1 does against a half decent team next week.

If Jacksonville got to Nick Foles last week, hopefully our defense can keep rolling and get to him this week. Either way, my excitement for the season is even lower now.
‼‼?‼‼

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #252 on: September 15, 2014, 01:39:36 pm »
I say it whenever given the opportunity.  This team will be a turkey as long as Snyder is the owner.  They will never really compete for a championship as long as he is in charge.

The team is a loser.  It matters not who the coach is, who the players are.  None of it.

James Ford

« Reply #253 on: September 15, 2014, 01:46:25 pm »
I used to hear people say that about the Orioles and Angelos, but look at them go. Hopefully they don't end up a Machado or a Wieters short of the title.

I say it whenever given the opportunity.  This team will be a turkey as long as Snyder is the owner.  They will never really compete for a championship as long as he is in charge.

The team is a loser.  It matters not who the coach is, who the players are.  None of it.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #254 on: September 15, 2014, 01:51:06 pm »
I used to hear people say that about the Orioles and Angelos, but look at them go. Hopefully they don't end up a Machado or a Wieters short of the title.

The birds are a perfect case in point.  So close.  And then they lose their best 2 players for the post season.

But I don't think the hex on them is as strong.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 01:54:19 pm by chaz »