Author Topic: Robert Griffin III  (Read 79888 times)

stevewizzle

Re: Robert Griffin III
« Reply #255 on: September 15, 2014, 01:55:02 pm »
I used to hear people say that about the Orioles and Angelos, but look at them go. Hopefully they don't end up a Machado or a Wieters short of the title.

I say it whenever given the opportunity.  This team will be a turkey as long as Snyder is the owner.  They will never really compete for a championship as long as he is in charge.

The team is a loser.  It matters not who the coach is, who the players are.  None of it.

yeah, but at least angelos has two competent guys under him who knows what they are doing.

snyder just wants puppets.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #256 on: September 15, 2014, 02:00:16 pm »
I thought Synder's whole letter in support of Goodell's handling of the Ray Rice thing was hilarious. Run the text of it through your Dan Snyder -> English translator and it reads: "Roger Goodell doesn't have the courage to stand up to the undeniable racism of my franchise's name and someone else probably would, so lets keep Goodell."
LVMH

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #257 on: September 15, 2014, 02:13:08 pm »
I hadn't heard about that.

Having recently left the DC area there are a few things I don't miss hearing people talk about all the time:  politics and the redskins.

hutch

« Reply #258 on: September 15, 2014, 02:15:14 pm »
well everybody knew Cousins would be an upgrade on RGIII..... RGIII is broken.. I think his career may be toast....I also wonder if RGIII lost the team a while back.. he says all the right things in his interviews but....

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #259 on: September 15, 2014, 02:57:04 pm »
well everybody knew Cousins would be an upgrade on RGIII..... RGIII is broken.. I think his career may be toast....I also wonder if RGIII lost the team a while back.. he says all the right things in his interviews but....

Who is this "everybody" who thinks Cousins is better than RG3? The guy has 4 career starts!

Also, press conference is at 3pm so we'll get a return time table [specuatlion 2-6 weeks] and the MRI showed NO fractures!? How is that even possible!?

Either way, I just want the team to be competitive. If RG3 can come back from THIS leg injury, I think it'll be he can handle...
‼‼?‼‼

« Reply #260 on: September 15, 2014, 03:07:56 pm »
Who is this "everybody" who thinks Cousins is better than RG3? The guy has 4 career starts!
Yeah, I agree with you on this. Kirk Cousins has 236 career passing attempts and 10 INTs on it. Extrapolated out to the average # attempts the Washington NFL team has attempted over that last 3 years, that'd be 28-29 INTs a year.

RG3 hasn't looked great last year or this one, but he hasn't been 29 INTs bad. I don't know where this "Kirk Cousins is worth a first round pick/is a starting-level QB" junk is coming from. Based on what? Preseason games, spot duty, and terrorizing Jacksonville?
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #261 on: September 15, 2014, 04:17:47 pm »
It's the DC "Off with his head!" mentality when it comes to our sports teams.

RG3 padded his stats last year due to playing from behind, but him 100% vs KC1 100% is still not a competition. One guy won a Heisman trophy and had the most prolific  rookie season the NFL has ever seen.... the other was backing him up.

I'll still support KC1, but I wasn't clammoring for him to start. Everyone who wanted him to start were scremaing for Todd fucking Colins to start.
‼‼?‼‼

« Reply #262 on: September 15, 2014, 04:18:51 pm »
scremaing for Todd fucking Colins to start.
Insulting Todd Collins will get you NOWHERE with me. Todd Collins > you.
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #263 on: September 15, 2014, 04:38:17 pm »
scremaing for Todd fucking Colins to start.
Insulting Todd Collins will get you NOWHERE with me. Todd Collins > you.
Meh.
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #264 on: September 15, 2014, 06:56:39 pm »

RG3 padded his stats last year due to playing from behind, but him 100% vs KC1 100% is still not a competition. One guy won a Heisman trophy and had the most prolific  rookie season the NFL has ever seen.... the other was backing him up.

I'll still support KC1, but I wasn't clammoring for him to start. Everyone who wanted him to start were scremaing for Todd fucking Colins to start.

huh? RGIII sucked all last year and in the first game of this year.... he is not a pocket passer .. .if he can't run anymore because he is so fragile what is the point?

ggw

« Reply #265 on: September 15, 2014, 10:17:37 pm »
One guy won a Heisman trophy....

So did Tim Tebow.

And Troy Smith.

And Jason White and Eric Crouch and Gino Toretta.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #266 on: September 16, 2014, 10:03:30 am »
One guy won a Heisman trophy....

So did Tim Tebow.

And Troy Smith.

And Jason White and Eric Crouch and Gino Toretta.
And Cam Newton, Sam Bradford, Carson Palmer.
‼‼?‼‼

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #267 on: September 16, 2014, 10:05:07 am »

huh? RGIII sucked all last year and in the first game of this year.... he is not a pocket passer .. .if he can't run anymore because he is so fragile what is the point?
I think it took Jay Gruden 1 game to realize that and opened the 2nd game with Read Option. I think not at least teasing the dual threat limits him as a threat. I was hopeful they would figure it out but now it looks like it won't be this season.
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #268 on: September 16, 2014, 11:24:38 am »
Archie Griffin won the Heisman as well. Any relation?

« Reply #269 on: September 16, 2014, 11:25:56 am »
Archie Griffin won the Heisman as well. Any relation?
He won two Heismans, so he is clearly twice as good of a quarterback as RG3, despite being a running back. It's just simple math.
LVMH