Author Topic: Robert Griffin III  (Read 79883 times)

hutch

Re: Robert Griffin III
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2012, 05:23:12 pm »
I wanted you to though, hence my suggestion to you.

TOUGH SHIT

Relaxer

« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2012, 05:26:46 pm »
So it's terrible for a man to thank the lord after performing well in a multi-million dollar game in front of millions of people but it's okay to thank the lord for making this greasy dead-animal cheeseburger dinner that I'm just going to poop out in a couple hours?

Where are your priorities?
oword

hutch

« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2012, 05:27:52 pm »
I've lived in this town for 19 years now. It is not "negative" to say that RGIII has not yet rewritten the rules of how Football is played (as they were saying on a local news channel last week).. or that winning a game or two does not make you the next Hall of Famer.

They are 6-6 and just won a game by ONE point but the typically very immature Skin fans want to believe they've won the Super Bowl already or something! How many seasons in the past 10 years did the Skins start off well and we were told they were great only for them to nosedive and miss the playoffs..  

You want to believe fine..good for you. Have fun with it.. hope you're right. But there ain't any facts backing you up.. just the usual DC hype machine. We'll know what is what at the end of the season.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2012, 05:53:07 pm »

They are 6-6 and just won a game by ONE point but the typically very immature Skin fans want to believe they've won the Super Bowl already or something! How many seasons in the past 10 years did the Skins start off well and we were told they were great only for them to nosedive and miss the playoffs..  

You want to believe fine..good for you. Have fun with it.. hope you're right. But there ain't any facts backing you up.. just the usual DC hype machine. We'll know what is what at the end of the season.

I read the local and national sports media.  I've yet to hear one person prognosticate even a playoff appearance for this team.

Sure, people are hyped on RGIII, but that's because the guy is fucking great.  Anyone watching can very easily see that.  You don't even need to know anything about football to see how good he is. 

So in short, where the fuck are you getting this shit about the hall of fame, super bowls, etc.  You must read different papers than me.  If anything, skins fans fully expect the wheels to fall off this thing at any second and are just elated when they don't.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2012, 06:00:38 pm »
I've lived in this town for 19 years now. It is not "negative" to say that RGIII has not yet rewritten the rules of how Football is played (as they were saying on a local news channel last week).. or that winning a game or two does not make you the next Hall of Famer.

6-6 after being 3-6 and going on a 3 game trip of the NFC East foes. Now they're 3-1 in the division and 6-1 in the conference. This same Giants team JUST last week shoved the Packers dicks up their own asses. The same Giants team that put up 38 on the Packers and held that prolific offense to just 10 points and hit Aaron Rodgers 8 fucking times for sacks. No one is saying they are GOING to the playoffs, but they are only 1 game back in the division and in a 4 way tie with teams that they have tie breakers over.... and better conference records than. Have you even LOOKED at the other teams schedules?

I'm not predicting a playoff run, or even that we'll finish the season with a winning record, but right now, the way they've won games but putting up points or holding back that insane offense from New York, I'm nothing short of impressed by the....... heart this team has showed.

13 weeks into the season and RG3 was nominated to be the Captain of the team by his own peers.... Most of who are all older than him...
‼‼?‼‼

chaz

« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2012, 06:04:09 pm »
You see, this is why I can barely stand the NFL anymore.  All these grown men behaving like stupid 13 year olds.  IMO, you just fire this clown if you are allowed to. 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2012/12/04/cedric-griffin-suspended-for-performance-enhancing-drugs/

I play in a rec floor hockey league and I get bent out of shape when a teammate doesn't show for a game after saying they will...and that's with NOTHING on the line, except kicks. 

Which reminds me, if anyone is interested in playing in a coed rec floor hockey league that plays games on Sunday's at St. Albans, PM me.

lagas

« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2012, 08:47:01 pm »
just win baby!
zorra

vansmack

« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2012, 08:49:50 pm »
He's good, but he's no Chaz Batch, that's for sure.
27>34

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2012, 09:20:01 pm »
He's good, but he's no Chaz Batch, that's for sure.

I am NEVER satisfied! It's a curse.
(o|o)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2012, 11:07:08 am »
You see, this is why I can barely stand the NFL anymore.  All these grown men behaving like stupid 13 year olds.  IMO, you just fire this clown if you are allowed to. 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2012/12/04/cedric-griffin-suspended-for-performance-enhancing-drugs/

I play in a rec floor hockey league and I get bent out of shape when a teammate doesn't show for a game after saying they will...and that's with NOTHING on the line, except kicks. 

Which reminds me, if anyone is interested in playing in a coed rec floor hockey league that plays games on Sunday's at St. Albans, PM me.
I'm surprised they consider Aderrall a "performance enhancing drug". I hate when this shit happens. Trent Williams and Fred Davis pissed me off last year and this also upsets me. Cedric isn't the best on the field, but losing him doesn't help our already poor secondary. Argh!
‼‼?‼‼

K8teebug

« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2012, 11:08:00 am »

chaz

« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2012, 12:36:14 pm »
I'm surprised they consider Aderrall a "performance enhancing drug".
It's an amphetamine.  If that can't be classified as performance enhancing I'm not sure what can.  Speed was the original performance enhancer.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2012, 02:39:41 pm »
I guess it makes people more "focused" so I could see it, it just never came across my mind.

Dale Jr wrote a pretty sweet, heartfelt piece for ESPN about his love for the Skins...

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/15037/dale-jr-why-i-love-the-redskins
‼‼?‼‼

shemptiness

« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2012, 03:01:23 pm »

chaz

« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2012, 04:09:15 pm »
I guess it makes people more "focused" so I could see it, it just never came across my mind.

Dale Jr wrote a pretty sweet, heartfelt piece for ESPN about his love for the Skins...

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/15037/dale-jr-why-i-love-the-redskins
It makes people with adhd more focused.  It makes regular people high on speed.