Author Topic: Robert Griffin III  (Read 80344 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: Robert Griffin III
« Reply #120 on: December 28, 2012, 10:52:06 am »
?When I first met him, we were passing on the stairs [at Redskins Park], and he stopped me and said, ?I?m Robert Griffin III. I?m the quarterback they drafted in the first round,? ? recalled fullback Darrel Young. ?I just looked at him and thought, ?Yep, we?re going to be just fine here. This kid is as humble as they come.??

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/robert-griffin-iii-emerges-as-the-washington-redskins-leader-despite-rookie-status/2012/12/28/34a41ddc-505d-11e2-835b-02f92c0daa43_story.html

PS Trent looks like a fucking monster in that picture hahaha
‼‼?‼‼

shemptiness

shemptiness

hutch

« Reply #123 on: December 30, 2012, 08:37:29 pm »
Ok, so here's a question.  Is there a tv at the club to watch the game before and in between sets of the Truckers Sunday night?  Epic scheduling conundrum.

Game will be at backbar apparently... fyi koshmar..sorry about late notice..just found out..

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #124 on: December 31, 2012, 10:16:43 am »
NFC East Champions.

Might re-name this thread Alfred Morris lol
‼‼?‼‼

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #125 on: January 01, 2013, 10:03:36 pm »
NFC East Champions.

Might re-name this thread Alfred Morris lol

Pre-tay, pre-tay amazing. And to think I thought the break was a great time to euthanize this "shit franchise."

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #126 on: January 02, 2013, 10:16:56 am »
Who knows, maybe we'll be obliterated by the soaring Seahawks.

I think it should be a slugging match, will be interesting to see the #1 defense going against our offense and rushing attack. I think a huge factor is us playing at home, Seahawks were undefeated at home this year. Can't wait to see what Haslett draws up to slow down Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch.
‼‼?‼‼

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #127 on: January 04, 2013, 11:30:19 am »
Bob vs Russ, according to the ESPN NFC West blog

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/87496/a-much-closer-look-at-russell-wilson-rg-iii

I guess comparing both quarterbacks from week 8-17 is way more fair because Griff missed 1 game and has played with a limiting knee brace in the last 2.

But, nowhere in the article is that mentioned.

I'm sick of the comparisons. I just want to be at the game watching the Skins decimate the team and silencing all the naysayers.
‼‼?‼‼

shemptiness

« Reply #128 on: January 06, 2013, 11:39:16 am »
Dr. James Andrews:

"I'm the one that shut him down that day, finally," Andrews told USA Today. "I've been a nervous wreck letting him come back as quick as he has. He's doing a lot better this week, but he's still recovering and I'm holding my breath because of it.

"He passed all the tests and all the functional things we do, but it's been a trying moment for me, to be honest with you."

Andrews was on the field that day and there is a dispute as to how the injury was originally handled. Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said Andrews cleared RG3 to return. Andrews said that didn't happen. Griffin went back in for four plays before shutting it down.

"He didn't even let us look at him," Andrews said. "He came off the field, walked through the sidelines, circled back through the players, and took off back to the field. It wasn't our opinion.

"We didn't even get to touch him or talk to him. Scared the hell out of me."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000122639/article/robert-griffin-iiis-knee-worries-dr-james-andrews

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #129 on: January 06, 2013, 12:24:53 pm »
i don't know much about football . . . except i love watching it, and i do love the redskins because i grew up in most of virginia and lived near the springfield mall when they won the big one against the dolphins.  but i always thought they were a cursed team, whether it is the name or whatever.  i think that rg3 will be the next cursed player where an injury will sideline and eventually be the end of a career.

shemptiness

« Reply #130 on: January 06, 2013, 06:06:28 pm »

James Ford

« Reply #131 on: January 06, 2013, 08:09:20 pm »
hahahaha, you called it. Go Seahawks!

i don't know much about football . . . except i love watching it, and i do love the redskins because i grew up in most of virginia and lived near the springfield mall when they won the big one against the dolphins.  but i always thought they were a cursed team, whether it is the name or whatever.  i think that rg3 will be the next cursed player where an injury will sideline and eventually be the end of a career.

James Ford

« Reply #132 on: January 06, 2013, 08:32:13 pm »
Isn't it hilarious that 37 year old Ray Lewis is retiring so that he can watch his son play college football?

hutch

« Reply #133 on: January 06, 2013, 08:40:38 pm »
Dr. James Andrews:

"I'm the one that shut him down that day, finally," Andrews told USA Today. "I've been a nervous wreck letting him come back as quick as he has. He's doing a lot better this week, but he's still recovering and I'm holding my breath because of it.

"He passed all the tests and all the functional things we do, but it's been a trying moment for me, to be honest with you."

Andrews was on the field that day and there is a dispute as to how the injury was originally handled. Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said Andrews cleared RG3 to return. Andrews said that didn't happen. Griffin went back in for four plays before shutting it down.

"He didn't even let us look at him," Andrews said. "He came off the field, walked through the sidelines, circled back through the players, and took off back to the field. It wasn't our opinion.

"We didn't even get to touch him or talk to him. Scared the hell out of me."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000122639/article/robert-griffin-iiis-knee-worries-dr-james-andrews

I think this has the potential to be a story...

atomicfront

« Reply #134 on: January 06, 2013, 09:20:01 pm »
sorry about your redskins.   But at least my ravens won.