Author Topic: Hard Rains a-Coming  (Read 10542 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Hard Rains a-Coming
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2012, 10:26:31 pm »
my office is closed monday and tuesday.  woohoo!  now lets hope the basement doesn't flood!
<sig>

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2012, 08:16:02 am »
Stay safe people....looks like it might be a good one.

Let's start a Hurricane Sandy setlist. (one song per post please)

Eye of the hurricane - David Wilcox

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2012, 08:19:05 am »
misfits - die, die my darling

betao

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2012, 08:37:31 am »
the warlocks - hurricane heart attack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2012, 09:10:15 am »
uh, for those who weren't paying attention, this thread is already a hurricane playlist - check out the first two posts.  c'mon, people!

how long before someone post the obligatory scorpion classic?
<sig>

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2012, 09:34:01 am »
I'm fine so far. My building is very sound, electricity still on and no need to go anywhere. Unfortunately, our pier is underwater as well as our neighbor's. Saw a photo on the news showing the pier and part of the gazebo at Fager's Island underwater. Sorry about that NKOTB as I know that place holds a special place in your heart. That was all during high tide which was about an hour ago but no sign of receding as of yet. Actually, I expect it to get worse. No plans to venture out to witness anything else. I'm not that adventurous!

About 4:30 in the morning the fire alarm went off in a neighboring building. There was no way in hell that I was going out in that mess unless my senses told me there was something more to it than the storm setting it off. The fire department came and it was okay, as I knew all too well.

Here's a portion of the latest update from the Town:

"The projected path is continuing to follow the predicted forecast. At this time the storm is expected to be at its worse between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. today, with estimated sustained winds at 40-50 mph with possible gusts reaching hurricane strength. Approximately 10 inches of rain is expected, which will result in severe flooding in low lying areas when combined with the storm and tidal surges.

The Emergency Operation Center is fully staffed and operating 24 hours. Ocean City Emergency Responders, including fire and police personnel, have responded to numerous weather related premise alarms and fire alarm activations, however; no injuries have been reported at this time. At approximately 7 a.m. today, the Ocean City fishing pier was significantly damaged after losing several pieces throughout the storm."

Jaguar

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2012, 10:15:50 am »
Just realized that my neighbor's boat sunk. Someone I don't know who lives in the property next door. Only just realized it minutes ago while taking some photos and noticed this small white boat top. I've always had a sense that one day that thing was going to sink. Thought about it many times. Have seen that thing go through lots of rockin' and rollin' in the past. Sorry it happened.

Water has come over their pier onto land on their property but ours seems to be holding strong so far. (Crossing fingers!) That poor place has had it bad this year. They've had a major fire, their a/c units are now flooded, water flowing along their property, their pier flooded out and now a sunken boat. Our piers are flooded but that's all I've witnessed as of yet. Odd how so close yet so different.

Back to hunkering down.

Jaguar

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2012, 10:34:12 am »
Oh, shit! Something just blew up. At least, that's what it sounded like. Have no idea what. Sounded like it was a few blocks away up towards Coastal Highway. A generator maybe. Don't know yet.

atomicfront

« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2012, 11:29:05 am »
I am at work because my company is greedy for money and is not closed.  I am sure it will be open tomorrow.  They didn't close at all for the big snow storms a couple years back. 

atomicfront

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2012, 11:31:22 am »
oh and my morning commute was pretty easy as no one else was on the road. 

stevewizzle

« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2012, 01:12:42 pm »

Jaguar

« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2012, 02:49:50 pm »
NKOTB, brace yourself. Just heard that the Fager's Island gazebo was washed away.  :'(

It's bad here. Really bad. I'm fine but the town isn't. And Sandy is still only about 88 miles off the coast and it's picked up speed. Hopefully, she'll be out of here that much faster.

DO NOT TAKE THIS STORM LIGHTLY!!! STAY HOME!!!!!

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2012, 03:13:26 pm »
jags . . . where is your song for this thread!!??

for shame.

yohansen5b

« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2012, 03:23:02 pm »

Miami does not think DC's horse masked man is funny.

(By comparison, Miami thought the face-eating incident was hilarious.)

wml7

« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2012, 04:11:40 pm »
I was lucky to make it back to town this morning from Voodoo Festival.  Looks awful out there.  In honor of Neil Young and Crazy Horse who were awesome i suggest
"Like A Hurricane"
 ;D