Author Topic: Credit Card Debt issues.. (not just for Sweetcell)s  (Read 11380 times)

atomicfront

Re: Credit Card Debt issues.. (not just for Sweetcell)s
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2012, 01:45:32 pm »
She could start her financial road to recovery by cutting out the cigarettes. That's a few thousand a year, at least.

Cat Power is apparently broke:
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/entertainment/2012/10/theres-no-money-indie-music-cat-power-broke/58552/

but then she'd have to find something else to whine about and be in crisis over.. the woman is a permanent basket case

Don't know if I buy that she's broke.. she was like the official spokesperson/model for some major fashion house.. usually you make good money like that.. and a sell out show at the 930 is got to give you a few garbanzos..

It offends me that you are making fun of someone that is in bankruptcy because they did not have health insurance and had huge medical expenses.

And give it a break about making fun of her mental issues.  Mental illness is a sickness as well.  If she suffers from depression that does not give you the reason to make fun of her.  Do you make fun of people who are missing their limbs?  I have seen here twice and both times she put on a good show.  If you don't like here there are plenty of other acts that you can spend your money on instead.  Most won't give you a show as well as she provides or has a voice half as good as hers.

atomicfront

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2012, 01:46:30 pm »
I put everything on one credit card to earn airline miles.

I pay it all off the day i get the statement.

I don't think i would buy tickets to a game that "might" happen.

Sorry i have no issues.

The end.

i have never used any of those mile programs but I should as I fly a lot.  How many free tickets have you gotten?

hutch

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2012, 02:08:38 pm »

FUCK CAT POWER. She came to Argentina took people's money (which was a lot in those days of a great depression down there) , including mine, and played a disgraceful show what with her nervous breakdown and all.

I'm tired of reading her bullshit. She can't make money selling out the 930 at what was it $40 a ticket? Give me a break.

atomicfront

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2012, 02:54:54 pm »

FUCK CAT POWER. She came to Argentina took people's money (which was a lot in those days of a great depression down there) , including mine, and played a disgraceful show what with her nervous breakdown and all.

I'm tired of reading her bullshit. She can't make money selling out the 930 at what was it $40 a ticket? Give me a break.

i thought you were a liberal.  You seem somewhere right of Hitler.  Maybe you should become a tea party member. 

hutch

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2012, 03:00:19 pm »

i thought you were a liberal.  You seem somewhere right of Hitler.  Maybe you should become a tea party member. 

ah I see.... I'm like Hitler now because I'm tired of Cat Power''s whiny woe is me interviews..or the fact she took my money and delivered a shit-show.

She is totally BS-ing .. I don't know why you're falling for it.

Think for a second about how much money she makes touring. Think about her work in fashion (Chanel, etc)...think about her songs being used in ads etc.

Being for universal healthcare or a liberal doesn't mean I have to like Cat Power or "feel sorry" for her. Doesn't work that way.

Get over your crush for her and think.

James Ford

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2012, 03:20:06 pm »
I really haven't kept track. I think between my wife and I, maybe five round trips to Europe and maybe four round trips to the West Coast. That's just a guess. And we're over halfway saved to three round trip tickets to Hawaii.

And we're really not big spenders or frequest fliers. Just try to put everything on credit card, fly the same airline when we can, and take advantage of other miles program partners (car rentals, etc.)

Sorry i have no issues.

The end.

i have never used any of those mile programs but I should as I fly a lot.  How many free tickets have you gotten?

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2012, 03:20:24 pm »
My god.  This thread.

James Ford

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2012, 03:23:32 pm »
I understand how many an indie musician can be poor as a church mouse in these days of music stealing. But Cat Power? Come on. A case of spending more thjan she earns, clear and simple.

And lacking in health insurance? Why didn't she just buy some instead of all that cigarettes and booze?

hutch

« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2012, 04:07:36 pm »
Sweetcell here's a good tip for you on how to get cheap gas!

http://www.arlnow.com/2012/11/01/newt-gingrich-to-give-away-cheap-gas-on-columbia-pike/

atomicfront

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2012, 05:14:41 pm »
I really haven't kept track. I think between my wife and I, maybe five round trips to Europe and maybe four round trips to the West Coast. That's just a guess. And we're over halfway saved to three round trip tickets to Hawaii.

And we're really not big spenders or frequest fliers. Just try to put everything on credit card, fly the same airline when we can, and take advantage of other miles program partners (car rentals, etc.)

Sorry i have no issues.

The end.

Now I feel stupid for never enrolling in these programs.  And I used to travel all the time for work.  Oh well maybe in my next life.

atomicfront

« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2012, 05:19:55 pm »

ah I see.... I'm like Hitler now because I'm tired of Cat Power''s whiny woe is me interviews..or the fact she took my money and delivered a shit-show.

Think for a second about how much money she makes touring. Think about her work in fashion (Chanel, etc)...think about her songs being used in ads etc.

Being for universal healthcare or a liberal doesn't mean I have to like Cat Power or "feel sorry" for her. Doesn't work that way.

If she is claiming bankruptcy perhaps she did have high medical bills? Is that possible?  Do you know they deny you coverage for pre-existing conditions.  It is not like she tours constantly.  Do you think she keeps the entire 40 dollars from your ticket?  Don't you think the club gets a nice chunk of it.  And her band?  And she has to rent a bus, pay for hotel rooms, airplane tickets. 

You act like 40 dollars is a ton of money to pay for her.  But you were probably one of the suckers to pay 100+ to see Bruce Springstein in a baseball stadium.  So 40 dollars for a show in a club seems reasonable ...Especially because Bruce has never had an album half as good as the Greatest.

You guys seem to get on female performers a lot. First it was Amanda Palmer and then Cat Power.  If Cat Power had a nervous breakdown when you saw here I am sure it wasn't intentional and maybe that would prevent me from seeing in the future but it's not like she came out wasted or showed up 2 hours late.   Have some empathy.

hutch

« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2012, 05:55:34 pm »

If she is claiming bankruptcy perhaps she did have high medical bills? Is that possible?  Do you know they deny you coverage for pre-existing conditions.  It is not like she tours constantly.  Do you think she keeps the entire 40 dollars from your ticket?  Don't you think the club gets a nice chunk of it.  And her band?  And she has to rent a bus, pay for hotel rooms, airplane tickets. 

You act like 40 dollars is a ton of money to pay for her.  But you were probably one of the suckers to pay 100+ to see Bruce Springstein in a baseball stadium.  So 40 dollars for a show in a club seems reasonable ...Especially because Bruce has never had an album half as good as the Greatest.

You guys seem to get on female performers a lot. First it was Amanda Palmer and then Cat Power.  If Cat Power had a nervous breakdown when you saw here I am sure it wasn't intentional and maybe that would prevent me from seeing in the future but it's not like she came out wasted or showed up 2 hours late.   Have some empathy.

Empathy is my middle name.  Chan is bullshitting you.... I don't begrudge her charging whatever she wants but a show where the gross had to be 40,000$ plus merch plus I think they get a cut on alcohol. she must have made some ducats. Multiply that by an entire tour!!!!!!! Trust me that her band is all on retainer and doesn't make much..thats the way the biz works..

As far as Bruce I got a free ticket.. wouldn't have gone otherwise.

Look, you love Cat Power and think she's the greatest thing since rice-a-roni? GREAT! But if she's broke then she's just not doing a good job with her money.  Moreover, why does she feel like she has to share every stupid thought that crosses her head as if people should care ? Its highly annoying.. don't you get tired of constantly hearing about her problems with the boyfriends,booze, money, etc... ??? I do.. and I really don't believe a word she says anymore.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2012, 09:25:49 pm »
"i got a free ticket  . . . "  sounds so dirty and cheap.  yeahhh.

azaghal1981

« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2012, 12:05:03 am »
I have an equal opportunity disdain for male and female "musicians" who phone in performances and are too cheap to pay their back-up musicians. It's just that the last two high profile instances of both happen to be women. Go through my posts and you will find plenty of male musician bashing.
احمد

hutch

« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2012, 08:27:56 am »
"i got a free ticket  . . . "  sounds so dirty and cheap.  yeahhh.

you're right!