Author Topic: This news does not appeal  (Read 20452 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: This news does not appeal
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2012, 01:26:43 pm »
A band at the right place at the right time, I'm not saying I don't like Nirvana, I like them, they are far from my favorite, I like Guns N Roses WAY more. Just personal preference. I also don't discount your Milli Vanilli's, Vanilla Ices, MC Hammers, Sinead O'Connor's, Kriss Kross's and so on. My gripe is that they are just glorified, but maybe it's just because I'm not a huge fan of theirs.

Pretty much GNR > Nirvana > Sinead O'Connor minus "Nothing Compares 2 U", because that song is awesome.
‼‼?‼‼

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2012, 01:27:15 pm »
i wonder if courtney will show . . . dressed as yoko.

atomicfront

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012, 01:27:56 pm »
It's not random. It was a calculated attack on an overrated band, a band that ruined rock n roll to the effect that we're still feeling today. A band that was in the right place at the right time but has been so overrated ever since. I like Nirvana, I don't think great or one of the greatest rock bands ever. They killed hair metal [I guess that sucks?] but they brought misery to the music and that led to fucking rap/rock, which inspired your nickelbacks and now Coldplay is called "Rock" for some fucking reason. Nirvana was the head of a shit train that's now plowing through this generation leading to Rick Ross and 2 Chainz being insanely popular when they couldn't hold a fucking candle to the hip hop and rap albums coming out 20 years ago.

But, times change, and I just think Nirvana is overrated. Didn't meant to troll.

but why criticize what mom's like.  What about calling something college age male rock as insult.  

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2012, 01:29:39 pm »
I didn't criticize it! Moms now love Blink 182 and moms also love Kings Of Leon and moms also love Muse and moms also love The Black Keys. It's just funny how people can take offense to what I said "Mom rock"

People get so butt hurt when you say something semi negative about a band. WHAT'S WRONG WITH MOMS!?
‼‼?‼‼

atomicfront

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2012, 01:30:58 pm »
A band at the right place at the right time, I'm not saying I don't like Nirvana, I like them, they are far from my favorite, I like Guns N Roses WAY more. Just personal preference. I also don't discount your Milli Vanilli's, Vanilla Ices, MC Hammers, Sinead O'Connor's, Kriss Kross's and so on. My gripe is that they are just glorified, but maybe it's just because I'm not a huge fan of theirs.

Pretty much GNR > Nirvana > Sinead O'Connor minus "Nothing Compares 2 U", because that song is awesome.

First Sinead Oconnor album is better than anything Guns and Rose or Nirvana ever did.  The unplugged nirvana album is pretty amazing.   I saw a nirvana live performance recently (recorded) and they sounded like most of the baltimore bands at the time who played DIY venues.  Though you have to love how easy it is  to play the Nirvana guitar parts.  

atomicfront

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2012, 01:31:57 pm »
I didn't criticize it! Moms now love Blink 182 and moms also love Kings Of Leon and moms also love Muse and moms also love The Black Keys. It's just funny how people can take offense to what I said "Mom rock"

People get so butt hurt when you say something semi negative about a band. WHAT'S WRONG WITH MOMS!?

There are moms who like XIU XIU and Thao and the get down stay down.  Mom's vary.   Just like music.

atomicfront

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2012, 01:33:05 pm »
One thing I would like to mention is that Hole was so much better than Nirvana.   Kurt was like Courtney's yoko

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2012, 01:34:25 pm »

First Sinead Oconnor album is better than anything Guns and Rose or Nirvana ever did.  .  
Not posting in here anymore.
‼‼?‼‼

atomicfront

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2012, 01:35:39 pm »

First Sinead Oconnor album is better than anything Guns and Rose or Nirvana ever did.  .  
Not posting in here anymore.

your pobably have never even listened to the Lion and the Cobra. 

Relaxer

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2012, 01:37:16 pm »
This is the dumbest thread this board has ever seen.
I challenge any of the long-timers to find one that is worse.
oword

atomicfront

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2012, 01:38:22 pm »
This is the dumbest thread this board has ever seen.
I challenge any of the long-timers to find one that is worse.

well the smashing pumpkins roll call is pretty dumb  thread. 

killsaly

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2012, 01:40:21 pm »
80s music pretty much sucked (minus a few bands) and Nirvana saved us all.

atomicfront

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2012, 01:40:58 pm »
Nirvana killed hair metal and led us to rap/rock and Nickelback?

You don't honestly believe what you just wrote do you?

I like nirvana but I do think they pretty much ruined music for the next 10 years.  Bands like stone roses, primal scream, and happy mondays were the big thing when they arrived on the scene and music changed completely.  You still had bands like Blur and Pulp but they didn't get the attention they deserved in this country

atomicfront

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2012, 01:45:08 pm »

80's music was the best we have ever experienced.  Cure, Depeche Mode, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Cocteau Twins, Dead Can Dance, Stone Roses,  Colourfield, ABC, New Order, Echo and the Bunnymen, Public Image Lmtd. Sugar Cubes,  Duran Duran, U2, Banarama, Sinead Oconnor, Psychedelic Furs, OMD, Run DMC, Guns and Roses, Motley Crue,  Fine Young Canibals, Naked Eyes, Talk Talk, INXS, Bon Jovi, Pop Will Eat Itself, Pixies, Beastie Boys, Erasure, Gene Loves Jezebel, Human League, Sisters of Mercy, Bauhaus, Fun Boy 3, etc etc. etc.

killsaly

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2012, 01:52:08 pm »
80's music was the best we have ever experienced.  Cure, Depeche Mode, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Cocteau Twins, Dead Can Dance, Stone Roses,  Colourfield, ABC, New Order, Echo and the Bunnymen, Public Image Lmtd. Sugar Cubes,  Duran Duran, U2, Banarama, Sinead Oconnor, Psychedelic Furs, OMD, Run DMC, Guns and Roses, Motley Crue,  Fine Young Canibals, Naked Eyes, Talk Talk, INXS, Bon Jovi, Pop Will Eat Itself, Pixies, Beastie Boys, Erasure, Gene Loves Jezebel, Human League, Sisters of Mercy, Bauhaus, Fun Boy 3, etc etc. etc.
NOPE.  Of your list, these are OK.
Cure, Depeche Mode, Stone Roses, New Order, Pixies, Beastie Boys.

The 80s REALLY sucked.  Stop living in the past.