Author Topic: RE: CT School Massacre  (Read 52284 times)

hutch

Re: RE: CT School Massacre
« Reply #165 on: December 27, 2012, 02:57:27 pm »
this thread will never end

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #166 on: December 27, 2012, 02:59:03 pm »
sorry i yelled at you the other day

i was really sick

i don't even know why i yelled at you now

i did yell at you, didn't i?

atomicfront

« Reply #167 on: December 27, 2012, 03:01:04 pm »
I wish I had posted before the argument moved to arguing about arguing. . .

The gunzos forget the part about responsible gun ownership. I don't think anyone (except those on the far left) is really talking about total outlawing of guns, but neither are people talking about what responsible means. 
  All guns should be banned.  There are countries that are much safer than ours where even the police are not allowed guns.  Total banning of guns is the solution.   But we can start by banning anything that has a clip.  But the solution is getting rid of them all.  If someone shoots you with a sawed off shutgun you still die.  I don't see the point of keeping any guns in ciruclation to the public.  More people are killed in single incidents than are killed in mass shootings.  The mass shootings just get more publlicity. 
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 03:02:52 pm by atomicfront »

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #168 on: December 27, 2012, 03:04:51 pm »
hutch . . . where do you keep all of your cds and lps?

i used to be so anti download, so anti anything but cds.  i hated the fact that the artist was getting shit on.  azag used to frown at me.  but then i realized, where do i keep putting all this space?  i had to go cd less, no more tangible media of any kind.  i got rid of it all, except special edition stuff or hard to find out of print box stuff.  dvds too.  no more. 

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #169 on: December 27, 2012, 03:13:23 pm »
I have this.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00208646/

Each shelf space is big enough to accommodate 12" LPs. 

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #170 on: December 27, 2012, 03:17:45 pm »
what are your ambitions in life, atomicfront?  do you have dreams unfilled.  i do.  i'm realizing slowly that i have wasted my life on working jobs and relationing humans.  i suffered myslef into a box where i was doing nothing but pleasing others and never myself.  a map to complete and a hand that will not write it.  i almost died.  it wakes you up.  i don't like the new vision it gave me; it shows all the failures out front, but also an incentive to achieve.  

don't almost die to understand the universe . . . it might be too late.  

atomicfront

« Reply #171 on: December 27, 2012, 03:30:28 pm »
what are your ambitions in life, atomicfront?  do you have dreams unfilled.  i do.  i'm realizing slowly that i have wasted my life on working jobs and relationing humans.  i suffered myslef into a box where i was doing nothing but pleasing others and never myself.  a map to complete and a hand that will not write it.  i almost died.  it wakes you up.  i don't like the new vision it gave me; it shows all the failures out front, but also an incentive to achieve.  

don't almost die to understand the universe . . . it might be too late.  
my ambition is to make this country gun free and have a balanced budget, free college education, cleaner air, more parks.  no my dreams will probably not be realized but I still have fun.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #172 on: December 27, 2012, 03:36:30 pm »
i like all of that except free college education.  my mother teaches at a college.  who would pay the staff?  pay to keep the college top o the line?  are you doing something to achieve your ambition?  i used to think all day about mine, dreaming this and that . . . but that is as far as it would go.  i never tried.  like those people who bitch about the government all day and how it should be run, but they barely graduated high school and can hardly function beyond the job they currently attempt to be good at.  no effort.  no try.  you seem to have a good heart and a fine mind, especially if you list such admirable things to want for our country.  clean air we will have.  balanced budget we will have.  more parks . . . seeing how we go through over 5000000 trees per year just on christmas wrapping paper, sorry about that one.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #173 on: December 27, 2012, 03:38:24 pm »

this is what i used to think of this thread . . . until i am now slowly taking it over.

hutch

« Reply #174 on: December 27, 2012, 04:13:44 pm »
I have this.

I have three of those in my basement...the 4*4 ones.. I also have a 2*4.... and two 2*2 ones..my main record storage units actually... for a total of 64 cubes... I think each one holds about 90 records.. then I have a few crummy shelves for the rest..

i have destroyed so many bookshelves with all my records its nice to find something that actually works...
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 04:16:13 pm by hutch »

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #175 on: December 27, 2012, 04:33:41 pm »
I have this.

Their Benno  DVD towers can be configured to hold CDs. 180 in regular single cases, but so many of mine are digipak or similar sleeves that I can fit 200 or more easily. $40 or $50 each, easy to build and a tiny footprint. Best CD rack ever.

And my IKEA is less than three miles away  ;D
😐 🎶

azaghal1981

« Reply #176 on: December 27, 2012, 04:39:27 pm »
OMG fkjaslkjfmvakefj1!!!!!!!!!!! This is huge.

hutch . . . where do you keep all of your cds and lps?

i used to be so anti download, so anti anything but cds.  i hated the fact that the artist was getting shit on.  azag used to frown at me.  but then i realized, where do i keep putting all this space?  i had to go cd less, no more tangible media of any kind.  i got rid of it all, except special edition stuff or hard to find out of print box stuff.  dvds too.  no more. 
احمد

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #177 on: December 27, 2012, 04:56:15 pm »
I've had some custom CD shelves built for me, and in the process of re-doing my liar so will post some pics when it shapes up.  As far as record storage, Lowes at one point had some really nice wooden shelving units that were the right depth and height for records.  Also, use to be able to get nice particle board cubes the right size for record storage which could be staged.
T.Rex

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #178 on: December 27, 2012, 06:28:06 pm »
you should see my comic book collection.  i store it in rubbermaid containers away from the light and air.  they take up space too.  so much space in my room, my partner hates it and wants me to find another way.  actually he wants me to sell them all and grow up.  sometimes i think i will.  i finally am accepting . . . that collecting is stupid.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #179 on: December 27, 2012, 06:49:19 pm »
<sig>