Author Topic: Friends with Benefits  (Read 137730 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: Friends with Benefits
« Reply #240 on: November 25, 2013, 01:15:11 pm »
Urm. I went to see Gary Clark Jr and Skrillex last week and those points aren't showing on my profile! I gave my card at the door when I came in. Is there a waiting period? When I bought the tickets those showed up immediately. Still...trying to figure this out...
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #241 on: November 25, 2013, 01:29:30 pm »
Urm. I went to see Gary Clark Jr and Skrillex last week and those points aren't showing on my profile! I gave my card at the door when I came in. Is there a waiting period? When I bought the tickets those showed up immediately. Still...trying to figure this out...

there's an email address... just email them.. it might be fwb@930.com

obviously the scan did not take.. if it has not shown up by now i don't think it will so you need to email them.. they will credit you

« Reply #242 on: November 25, 2013, 03:26:40 pm »
there is a few days waiting period
last two shows I went to the scanner at the door wasn't working
e-mailing a scan of the tix works
slack

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #243 on: November 25, 2013, 03:55:29 pm »
I'll give it a couple more days. Thanks!
‼‼?‼‼

vansmack

« Reply #244 on: November 25, 2013, 06:12:51 pm »
Every time this thread disappears for a few months and returns to the front page, I click it with excitement only to be disappointed by its contents.
27>34

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #245 on: November 25, 2013, 06:32:21 pm »
i feel that way, too.  like when you get a notification on facebook, you get all excited, and its just a fucking candy crush request.

bearman🐻

« Reply #246 on: July 14, 2014, 02:13:00 pm »
Does FWB still give out those special passes for the VIP bar at Merriweather? I haven't seen a show yet this year but I'm going Thursday and I'm hoping they still do. I had it for New Order and Belle and Sebastian last summer and very quickly got spoiled. It's become one of my favorite parts of going to Merriweather.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #247 on: July 15, 2014, 02:04:35 am »
i feel that way, too.  like when you get a notification on facebook, you get all excited, and its just a fucking candy crush request.

Yeah but 'candy crush' has a whole different meaning to you Walky!  :)
FUKIT

K8teebug

« Reply #248 on: July 16, 2014, 01:38:42 pm »
Does FWB still give out those special passes for the VIP bar at Merriweather? I haven't seen a show yet this year but I'm going Thursday and I'm hoping they still do. I had it for New Order and Belle and Sebastian last summer and very quickly got spoiled. It's become one of my favorite parts of going to Merriweather.

I just got an email that I will have access to the VIP bar for me and a plus one.  So, yes.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #249 on: July 16, 2014, 01:41:35 pm »
Just got that email as well.

bearman🐻

« Reply #250 on: July 16, 2014, 01:45:13 pm »
Me too. Boardie meetup!

Yada

« Reply #251 on: July 16, 2014, 01:47:44 pm »
Likewise...admittedly, I haven't paid much attention to the FWB stuff over the past year or so.

Was I supposed to be giving someone my card to be scanned at every show to get points? I thought I automatically received points when the tickets were used?

bearman🐻

« Reply #252 on: July 16, 2014, 01:49:41 pm »
Likewise...admittedly, I haven't paid much attention to the FWB stuff over the past year or so.

Was I supposed to be giving someone my card to be scanned at every show to get points? I thought I automatically received points when the tickets were used?

I always bring my card to shows at Merriweather, 9:30, etc. You get points for buying tickets, but also for attending as well. So if your buddy buys your ticket for you, you still get points for going to the show. At least that's my understanding.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #253 on: July 16, 2014, 01:52:24 pm »
Does this whole FWB thing not feel to anyone a little like collecting grocery store stamps to redeem for a free ham or cheaply-made humidor? I've thought of signing up and the hassle of doing all this seems comparable to waiting in breadlines.
LVMH

« Reply #254 on: July 16, 2014, 02:35:11 pm »
pretty simple, you just sign up with the same email you buy your ticketfly tix through
then you 25 points every time...buy tix to twenty shows and get a free ticket

you can also bring your card to the show...and get 10 points (even if your friend bought you the tickets)
and you also get points for every $1 you spend

So if you go with a group of friends and have a $200 bar tab...you get 200 points!

lastly if you go to a show and forget to bring your card, all you need to do is scan your ticket and email to FWB and they will add the 10 points to your account

The benies at MPP are pretty nice, but I never go there

They also hooked me up with a ticket to pickup at will call prior to a show going on sale (it didn't sell out, but was still pretty nice) as some shows are not eligible for a free ticket

I've earned a free one, but still haven't decided on what show I want to go to...

My only gripe is it is often not working at the front door/ticket sales ...should be slightly easier or just a swipe thing you run your card through
slack