Author Topic: NFL Playoffs  (Read 74039 times)

atomicfront

Re: NFL Playoffs
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2013, 05:06:48 pm »
Yes, let everyone keep bringing up something he was found not guilty of because those in the public are the true judges and know all facts.

A never found suit he wore the night of the murder, a settlement out of court... yeah, that's all the proof I need.

As guilty as OJ.

you are trolling. 

It amazes me how Baltimore Ravens fans seem to have amnesia when it comes to Ray Lewis' involvement in murders.

There is a little girl that never met her father because of it.

And then to see Ray Lewis being treated as some sort of hero just makes me sick.

it is amazing how washington nfl fans can celebrates the descrimination of  the native population of this country.  How many native americans were killed? They tell you that they are highly offended by the name yet you continue to wear their garb and watch their games on tv.  I guess it is ok to descriminate against people if they are native americans.  After all not many of them around the area with most of them murdered and the straglers put in concentration camps out in the west. 
Oh, what a bunch of bullshit!

THAT MOTHERFUCKER MURDERED PEOPLE AND IS NOW A FUCKING HERO AND THE FACE A MULTI BILLION DOLLAR MACHINE. HOW CAN PEOPLE FORGET THAT!? A man murdering people vs an offensive name is a non arguement and proves your idiocy.

How many native americans have been murdered yet you won't even change your team's name??? Please... No one is condoning Ray Lewis's behavior.  He was convicted and he didn't have to serve time.  There is no way we can go back and convict him of murder.  There are laws in place.  If you are so concerned about Ray Lewis's victims send some money to their families. I am sure they would be grateful.  But as no one on here can do anything about what Ray Lewis did 11 years ago wtf is the point of your stupid outrage?  

No one has said Ray  Lewis is our hero.   I didn't vote for Obama or GW and with all the hundreds of thousands they have killed but guess what i can still cheer for the us olympic team.  And neith GW or Obama will even be tried.  So take your BS to another thread.  I am sure RGIII could kill a whole family of small children and you would be supporting him.  

I am a fan of the Ravens.  I don't think Ray Lewis is a hero. I don't buy under armour products.  I  think the team RGIII plays for is highly offensive.  As do a lot of other people.  Ray Lewis is not Michael Vick.  I wouldn't watch the Ravens if Michael Vick played for them.  And I don't buy Nike gear.
Wait, wait wait wait wait wait wait, no one can do anything about what Ray Lewis did 11 years ago? What about centuries ago?

It's a team name. Nothing is glorified. America just wants to hide the atrocities that they did to these people hundreds of years ago. The team name is from a different time. It stands for tradition and honor. So what? Then we change the team name and then build a statue of a Native American out front of the stadium and people protest that?

Just like time changes so do the meanings of words. Do you think 80,000 people pile into FedeEx Field every tim the Redskins play to glorify what happened? I don't think it crosses anynoes mind. And you can't compare the word "Redskins" to the word "Nigger" so don't even try. Why? Times change. "Nigger" is way more offensive and is still up for debate. If it wasn't for the team name, would anyone really give a shit about the actual word "Redskin"?

Instead of thinking of it so negatively why don't people look at it as honoring an honorable people instead of being a bird or something. A proud, brave people who fought for honor. It's fucking idiotic. Let's move on by being ashamed and trying to erase that from peoples memories. Fuck off. What progress is that? We give words power. If you take that away it's nothing but letters.

a large part of the native american population finds it offensive. As for the "n' word a lot of rappers use it in their songs. I don't think it is offensive at all.  I think a team should be named usinig it.  if the people who are saying it is offensive why would you not think it is not offensive.  You don't know native americans because the tribes from around here have all been killed off. 

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2013, 05:10:58 pm »
Ok, man. I just don't think it will be changed. I think it's the most idiotic thing. Dan Snyder has done enough to get people to hate him. The name will not change under his watch. So, don't hold your big stupid breath over it.

So, Pats/49ers Super Bowl, who's in?
‼‼?‼‼

Relaxer

« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2013, 05:12:48 pm »
I have no idea what happened.

However, to answer your question, if I had to come up with a theory, I'd say he and his entourage were at a club being swaggy and cock-of-the-walk. Some other dudes decided they wanted to mess with the hot-shot athelete. A fight breaks out and in the melee, two of these other dudes are stabbed dead.

I don't think Ray Lewis ever had a knife in his hand. However, he is a professional athlete and realizes "Oh fuck, this is a bad scene, I better split." When questioned by police, he fudges because these are friends of his that weren't necessarily "protecting" him but acting in his interests. Or maybe he genuinely doesn't know who did what. I can't imagine Ray Lewis was intently focusing on the details of the fight. But wanting to protect your buddies shortly after a traumatic event like this isn't out of the realm of possibility and doesn't mean you're a CAPS LOCK MURDERER. It means you made a mistake, and as Ray Lewis was convicted of a misdemeanor, the jury agreed.

And sorry, you can't just say it doesn't matter that the jury acquitted the two guys in Ray Lewis' group. It does matter. The jury heard the facts and said 'Not Guilty'. I think that's a slightly more credible argument than "Well I just pulled these emotions out of my ass and he is GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY"
oword

hutch

« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2013, 05:17:45 pm »

However, to answer your question, if I had to come up with a theory, I'd say he and his entourage were at a club being swaggy and cock-of-the-walk. Some other dudes decided they wanted to mess with the hot-shot athelete. A fight breaks out and in the melee, two of these other dudes are stabbed dead.

I don't think Ray Lewis ever had a knife in his hand. However, he is a professional athlete and realizes "Oh fuck, this is a bad scene, I better split." When questioned by police, he fudges because these are friends of his that weren't necessarily "protecting" him but acting in his interests. Or maybe he genuinely doesn't know who did what. I can't imagine Ray Lewis was intently focusing on the details of the fight. But wanting to protect your buddies shortly after a traumatic event like this isn't out of the realm of possibility and doesn't mean you're a CAPS LOCK MURDERER. It means you made a mistake, and as Ray Lewis was convicted of a misdemeanor, the jury agreed.

And sorry, you can't just say it doesn't matter that the jury acquitted the two guys in Ray Lewis' group. It does matter. The jury heard the facts and said 'Not Guilty'. I think that's a slightly more credible argument than "Well I just pulled these emotions out of my ass and he is GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY"

Well you're the one pulling it out of your ass actually... making shit up...

Did Ray Lewis also happen to lose his suit in the process?

Do you not think its a big deal that he pleaded GUILTY to obstruction of justice in a double murder? Or paid of the two victims' families?

People will believe what they want to believe but dont' go around mentioning the Ravens without expecting backlash.. after all its all about Ray Lewis in this year's playoffs, right?

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2013, 05:22:09 pm »

I'm actually very unemotional about this.  I just happen to think that Lewis knows exactly what happened, and then lied about it.

Relaxer

« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2013, 05:24:41 pm »
Jesus Hutch you are such a stupid dickbag. Chaz asked me for my theory on what happened. Which I provided after prefacing it with "I have no idea what happened."
oword

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2013, 05:32:26 pm »
Yes, let everyone keep bringing up something he was found not guilty of because those in the public are the true judges and know all facts.

A never found suit he wore the night of the murder, a settlement out of court... yeah, that's all the proof I need.

As guilty as OJ.

you are trolling. 

It amazes me how Baltimore Ravens fans seem to have amnesia when it comes to Ray Lewis' involvement in murders.

There is a little girl that never met her father because of it.

And then to see Ray Lewis being treated as some sort of hero just makes me sick.

it is amazing how washington nfl fans can celebrates the descrimination of  the native population of this country.  How many native americans were killed? They tell you that they are highly offended by the name yet you continue to wear their garb and watch their games on tv.  I guess it is ok to descriminate against people if they are native americans.  After all not many of them around the area with most of them murdered and the straglers put in concentration camps out in the west. 
Oh, what a bunch of bullshit!

THAT MOTHERFUCKER MURDERED PEOPLE AND IS NOW A FUCKING HERO AND THE FACE A MULTI BILLION DOLLAR MACHINE. HOW CAN PEOPLE FORGET THAT!? A man murdering people vs an offensive name is a non arguement and proves your idiocy.

How many native americans have been murdered yet you won't even change your team's name??? Please... No one is condoning Ray Lewis's behavior.  He was convicted and he didn't have to serve time.  There is no way we can go back and convict him of murder.  There are laws in place.  If you are so concerned about Ray Lewis's victims send some money to their families. I am sure they would be grateful.  But as no one on here can do anything about what Ray Lewis did 11 years ago wtf is the point of your stupid outrage?  

No one has said Ray  Lewis is our hero.   I didn't vote for Obama or GW and with all the hundreds of thousands they have killed but guess what i can still cheer for the us olympic team.  And neith GW or Obama will even be tried.  So take your BS to another thread.  I am sure RGIII could kill a whole family of small children and you would be supporting him.  

I am a fan of the Ravens.  I don't think Ray Lewis is a hero. I don't buy under armour products.  I  think the team RGIII plays for is highly offensive.  As do a lot of other people.  Ray Lewis is not Michael Vick.  I wouldn't watch the Ravens if Michael Vick played for them.  And I don't buy Nike gear.

Thank you!  I just made $50 from betting someone yesterday that within 24 hours someone would bring Vick into this.  Vick BTW is someone who paid his debt (served his time), and has taken care of all of his financial/social responsibilities to make restitution.  While what he was convicted of his horrific, he has done more for the cause of animal rights than anyone else in society that I know of.  Some people just choose to hate because it allows them to feel better about themselves and justify their own life.

Michael Vick tortured and killed dogs.  He doesn't care about animals.  Michael Vick should have never been let back into the nfl.  Ray Lewis was acccused of being involved in people being killed in a fight.  His level of involvement is not known.  Whether it is self defense is not known I was not there.  Either were you. From reading the transcripts of the case I can't even understand what happened. 

Yep Vick killed dogs and he was was convicted and did his time.  He has every right in the world to pursue a living once he got out of prison.  In fact being back in the NFL allowed him to take care of all of his financial and social responsibilities.  Since getting out, Vick has done far vast amounts of good for animal rights.  Not speaking to the Lewis case specifically, it is far more egregious to kill a human than it is to do ANYTHING to an animal.  But I did still make $50 today!  Woo Hoo.  made my day.
FUKIT

showlistdc

• http://www.showlistdc.com
    • Comprehensive DC-area concert calendar
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2013, 05:39:30 pm »
Does anyone really think there's a football team in the NFL that's full of angels?

Heck, even Tom Brady started dating Gisele while his girlfriend (Bridget Moynahan) was pregnant with his child.  And he wears Uggs!  Everyone gave Britney Spears a lot of crap for doing the same thing (dating/marrying a dude whose GF was pregnant, not the Ugg thing), and yet no one speaks ill of Brady.  Obviously not the same scale as dog-fighting or murder/obstruction-of-justice/etc., but the point is, there are no saints in the NFL.  (Except in New Orleans, ha ha ha.)

vansmack

« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2013, 05:43:48 pm »
I see some early front runners for 2013 POTY in this thread.
27>34

shemptiness

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2013, 06:10:43 pm »
talk about a rampant case of "where you stand depends on where you sit."  these "debates" (a raven is a murderer, the name redskins is racist) is so disgustingly partisan that... oh.  wait.  this is the beltway.  carry on.

i think SF will MURDER the Pats, unless brady + welker SCALP the 49ers... <just trying to stay on topic>
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2013, 06:18:25 pm »
Heck, even Tom Brady started dating Gisele while his girlfriend (Bridget Moynahan) was pregnant with his child.   

in hopes this this derails this thread into better and more interesting territory: neither tom nor bridget knew that she was pregnant when they split.  as far as they both knew, they weren't preggers... so no one got ditched on the steps of the maternity ward.

And he wears Uggs!  

as mentioned previously, that part is unforgivable.
<sig>

atomicfront

« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2013, 06:22:18 pm »
talk about a rampant case of "where you stand depends on where you sit."  these "debates" (a raven is a murderer, the name redskins is racist) is so disgustingly partisan that... oh.  wait.  this is the beltway.  carry on.

i think SF will MURDER the Pats, unless brady + welker SCALP the 49ers... <just trying to stay on topic>

I would like to add:  Ravens in Conference Championship for second straight year.  and 3rd time in the last 5 seasons.  Redskins last trip to the conference championship 21 years ago.  ouch.  But on the bright side you will have good draft picks to help your franchise what you traded them away for a quarteback who has come up lame? 

Yada

« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2013, 06:28:13 pm »
walky, can you weigh in on this?

vansmack

« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2013, 06:38:12 pm »
neither tom nor bridget knew that she was pregnant when they split.  as far as they both knew, they weren't preggers... so no one got ditched on the steps of the maternity ward.

Who cares about the timing? 

Gisele (5'10, 32 years old) is a clear upgrade from Bridget (5'10, 42 years old).  Add to the fact that their child might be the greatest thing to happen to the US Men's National Team and there is no faulting him here. 

He did this for America.
27>34