Author Topic: NFL Playoffs  (Read 74132 times)

shemptiness

Re: NFL Playoffs
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2013, 06:40:54 pm »
What are their times in the 40?

vansmack

« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2013, 06:49:59 pm »
What are their times in the 40?

OMG, how did I not think of this sooner?!  It might have saved Lingerie Bowl X.

The next lingerie bowl should absolutely pit Gisele on one side, Bridget on the other.  That would get nasty as all hell.
27>34

James Ford

« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2013, 07:43:06 pm »
How many Injun tribes you got down there in Richmond? I'm betting there are way more rednecks than redskins.

For the record, i've never had a native american come up to me and complain about the name either. Has anybody else here had this happen to them?

Not a skins fan at all but I have yet to have one native american come up to me and say something this silly offends them.  I am not sure how it can be offensive to have a term used for a sport that involves being strong, brave, courageous, relentless, powerful, etc.  If someone wants to be offended, they will always find something to point towards.  What is silly is the fact that the DC basketball club changed their name from BULLETS to WIZARDS because BULLET was offensive yet WIZARD is a rank in one of the most vile racist institutions in the history of our country.  Kind of puts that whole 'offensive' thing in it's place.

Relaxer

« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2013, 08:05:04 pm »
The only people objecting to "Redskins" are liberal vanilla women like Sweetcell.
oword

Relaxer

« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2013, 08:10:19 pm »
walky, can you weigh in on this?

Yeah, he is just what we need to bring this thread coherence.

"ray lewis, such a virile beast but whats wrong with dial-up internet, it can be kinda sexy out here in bumfuckville where I live, such as nkotb how often are you shirtless like santa clause?"
oword

shemptiness

« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2013, 08:25:40 pm »
How many Injun tribes you got down there in Richmond? I'm betting there are way more rednecks than redskins.

For the record, i've never had a native american come up to me and complain about the name either. Has anybody else here had this happen to them?

What do native americans say when they come up to you?  I'm curious.

James Ford

« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2013, 09:15:47 pm »
Theyt usually ask for spare change to buy liquor or ask me if I'd like to play a round of blackjack.

What do native americans say when they come up to you?  I'm curious.

Yada

« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2013, 09:58:28 pm »
walky, can you weigh in on this?

Yeah, he is just what we need to bring this thread coherence.

"ray lewis, such a virile beast but whats wrong with dial-up internet, it can be kinda sexy out here in bumfuckville where I live, such as nkotb how often are you shirtless like santa clause?"

Hahahaha!!!!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2013, 10:24:26 pm »
i would like to nominate Relaxer's contributions to this thread as his application for Boardee of the Year award.
<sig>

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2013, 08:41:01 am »

hutch

« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2013, 09:18:54 am »
Jesus Hutch you are such a stupid dickbag. Chaz asked me for my theory on what happened. Which I provided after prefacing it with "I have no idea what happened."

oh!

K8teebug

« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2013, 09:49:08 am »
For what it's worth, from the transcripts (from my friend)

1. The two men who were killed, we're in fact members of a gang
2. The two "Friends" of Ray Lewis who were put on trial were acquitted due to "Reasonable doubt" that they were in fact acting in self defense.
3. The two men who were killed, started the fight, by leaving the club, and then hitting a member of Ray Lewis's group in the head with a champagne bottle.
4. Due to that assault with the bottle, a huge fight started in the street, at which time, multiple witnesses (both in his group and outside his group) stated that Ray was simply telling people to leave and never was physically involve in the fight.
5. Ray Lewis got charged with obstruction of justice because he was not willing to talk to police right away because he was leaving to play in the Pro Bowl the next day, he stated he would return with his lawyer and speak freely on the accounts of that night the next week.
6. Ray Lewis's limo was shot up by a gun, and the person whom is believed to have fired those shots is the same person who started this incident.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2013, 10:20:44 am »
talk about a rampant case of "where you stand depends on where you sit."  these "debates" (a raven is a murderer, the name redskins is racist) is so disgustingly partisan that... oh.  wait.  this is the beltway.  carry on.

So, Pats/49ers Super Bowl, who's in?

i think SF will MURDER the Pats, unless brady + welker SCALP the 49ers... <just trying to stay on topic>

I would like to add:  Ravens in Conference Championship for second straight year.  and 3rd time in the last 5 seasons.  Redskins last trip to the conference championship 21 years ago.  ouch.  But on the bright side you will have good draft picks to help your franchise what you traded them away for a quarteback who has come up lame? 
Yeah, we traded away draft picks for a potential Rookie Of The Year and a first time Pro Bowl Rookie Quarterback.... Totally lame.

If Colin Kaepernick and Russell Wilson had played at RG3''s level all season, their seasons would have been different.

I just don't see the Ravens stopping that Pats offense at all. Would love to see the juggernauts of 9ers and Pats go head to head. I think they're the 2 best teams.
‼‼?‼‼

atomicfront

« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2013, 10:44:27 am »
talk about a rampant case of "where you stand depends on where you sit."  these "debates" (a raven is a murderer, the name redskins is racist) is so disgustingly partisan that... oh.  wait.  this is the beltway.  carry on.

So, Pats/49ers Super Bowl, who's in?

i think SF will MURDER the Pats, unless brady + welker SCALP the 49ers... <just trying to stay on topic>

I would like to add:  Ravens in Conference Championship for second straight year.  and 3rd time in the last 5 seasons.  Redskins last trip to the conference championship 21 years ago.  ouch.  But on the bright side you will have good draft picks to help your franchise what you traded them away for a quarteback who has come up lame? 
Yeah, we traded away draft picks for a potential Rookie Of The Year and a first time Pro Bowl Rookie Quarterback.... Totally lame.

If Colin Kaepernick and Russell Wilson had played at RG3''s level all season, their seasons would have been different.

I just don't see the Ravens stopping that Pats offense at all. Would love to see the juggernauts of 9ers and Pats go head to head. I think they're the 2 best teams.

"We"  you play for the Landover, MD based football team that has Washington in it's name???  Yeah they traded away their future for a guy who has a bad knee.   I wonder how many more years it will be before you make it to the NFL Championship.  Landdover MD's nfl team are going to become the Wizards of Football.

As for the Patriots the Ravens beat them this year.  Would have beat them last year if not for Lee Evans dropping a ball and then Cundiff missing a chip shot.  But you know that is why they play the game.  No one thought the lowly Seahawks could beat the Landover, MD NFL team.

And it must suck for DC and Virginia to not have football teams and Maryland to have two. 

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2013, 10:46:49 am »
I would like to add:  Ravens in Conference Championship for second straight year.  and 3rd time in the last 5 seasons

I'm not a Ravens hater. In fact, I pull for Bmore when they're in the spotlight. But for fuck's sake, if you guys are in the conf title game so often, maybe you'll actually, you know, win it for once?