Author Topic: NFL Playoffs  (Read 74163 times)

shemptiness

Re: NFL Playoffs
« Reply #105 on: January 15, 2013, 12:12:36 pm »
here are some thoughts about the Ray Lewis verdict from a Baltimore Sun reporter that was actually at the trial

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-rodricks-0115-20130114,0,1074931.column

WE could go all week on this and never resolve it.. I hardly think the local Baltimore paper is credible... I mean what are they going to say?

Seriously?  Because the paper is called the Baltimore Sun it's not credible reporting on something involving a Baltimore sports figure?  Do you feel the same way about the RG3 stories in the Post? 

hutch

« Reply #106 on: January 15, 2013, 12:23:21 pm »
here are some thoughts about the Ray Lewis verdict from a Baltimore Sun reporter that was actually at the trial

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-rodricks-0115-20130114,0,1074931.column

WE could go all week on this and never resolve it.. I hardly think the local Baltimore paper is credible... I mean what are they going to say?

Seriously?  Because the paper is called the Baltimore Sun it's not credible reporting on something involving a Baltimore sports figure?  Do you feel the same way about the RG3 stories in the Post? 

Definitely. I do.

hutch

« Reply #107 on: January 15, 2013, 12:24:08 pm »
so I'm hoping Niners/Patriots...

I guess this is the match up most people want to see? ALthough there are some real Brady haters I guess...

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #108 on: January 15, 2013, 12:29:42 pm »
I would like to, Ravens defense has too many holes in it. 9ers abused the option play on Saturday and killed the Packers. Ravens already saw the option against the Skins this year and ended up losing, granted it was a close game, but they did knock out RG3 and Kirk Cousins came in and took care of the rest. I think the 9ers are more dangerous and the Ravens would probably lose to the 9ers.

I honestly think Ravens/Falcons would be fairly even matched and a good game, same as Pats/9ers. If it's mixed and matched, I think it will be one sided.
‼‼?‼‼

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #109 on: January 15, 2013, 12:33:46 pm »
but they did knock out RG3 and Kirk Cousins came in and took care of the rest.

By saying Cousins coming in and taking care of the rest, you mean the atrocious out of bounds call that un-iced the Ravens win and gave the Skins a miracle chance to come back and win, right?

atomicfront

« Reply #110 on: January 15, 2013, 12:39:03 pm »
I would like to, Ravens defense has too many holes in it. 9ers abused the option play on Saturday and killed the Packers. Ravens already saw the option against the Skins this year and ended up losing, granted it was a close game, but they did knock out RG3 and Kirk Cousins came in and took care of the rest. I think the 9ers are more dangerous and the Ravens would probably lose to the 9ers.

I honestly think Ravens/Falcons would be fairly even matched and a good game, same as Pats/9ers. If it's mixed and matched, I think it will be one sided.

So if the Ravens win yet again on Sunday you are still going to predict they will lose to the 49ers even though you predicted them to lose 3 times in a row and were wrong.   I mean even at this point you have shown no ability to predict any of the games.  Why do you continue to show your ignorance? 

shemptiness

« Reply #111 on: January 15, 2013, 12:39:14 pm »
Recent Ravens / Pats games have been close.  No reason to think this one will be any different.  I think both defenses are suspect, although the Ravens have been playing better lately.  Flacco's going to need to play as well as he did in last year's championship game.  They'll need to put a bunch of points on the board.  

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #112 on: January 15, 2013, 12:48:25 pm »

I guess this is the match up most people want to see? ALthough there are some real Brady haters I guess...

i know some brady haters who want to see him lose again.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #113 on: January 15, 2013, 12:50:02 pm »

i know some brady haters who want to see him lose again.

lose the Super Bowl you mean?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #114 on: January 15, 2013, 12:53:26 pm »
but they did knock out RG3 and Kirk Cousins came in and took care of the rest.

By saying Cousins coming in and taking care of the rest, you mean the atrocious out of bounds call that un-iced the Ravens win and gave the Skins a miracle chance to come back and win, right?
Damn straight

@atomicfront: Ravens haven't won yet you mouth breather. Did I say the Ravens WILL lose? I said THEY WILL HAVE A TOUGH TIME STOPPING THE PATS OFFENSE. Learn to read you fuck. I can't stress this enough, the Ravens defense WILL HAVE. A TOUGH TIME. STOPPING THE PATRIOTS OFFENSE. Did I say they can't? Nope. They will have a tough time, just like the Patriots will have a tough time against Ray Rice. If the Ravens become one dimensional, I see it being even tougher for the Ravens offense. So, yeah, I must be real ignorant to look at both sides of the statement.

Looking forward to the Pats/Ravens game more, I just don't think the Falcons have a chance. Even if they are at home.... If they lose, will people still think of them as chokers? Then the arguement is "Well, they've only won ONE playoff game". Poor Falcons.
‼‼?‼‼

K8teebug

« Reply #115 on: January 15, 2013, 01:17:20 pm »
It will be a close game.  Ravens have to get into Tom Brady's head.  That is difficult to do.  They should have won last year, and this game should be just as much of a nailbiter.

Which will hopefully end in a Ravens win!

I'm just glad it's not the Manning/Brady game Tony Dungy and Rodney Harrison were "so looking forward to" when the playoffs began.  Cannot wait to see them eat their words.

sonickteam

« Reply #116 on: January 15, 2013, 02:19:24 pm »
who gives a rats ass about this stuff anyway cause hockey starts on Saturday!!!!

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #117 on: January 15, 2013, 02:34:25 pm »
wasn't hockey gone for like ten years . . . and nobody cared?  the nfl gets rid of the officials for five minutes, and the world almost stopped.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #118 on: January 15, 2013, 02:39:31 pm »
lose the Super Bowl you mean?

yeah.  i don't want to see it, but some do... meanies.

who gives a rats ass about this stuff anyway cause hockey starts on Saturday!!!!

both are important to me, but WOOHOO FOR HOCKEY!!!  (let's take the talk over here)

wasn't hockey gone for like ten years

what are you going on about? 
<sig>

shemptiness

« Reply #119 on: January 16, 2013, 11:15:05 am »
Jinx anyone?