Author Topic: Coachella 2013 - The Postal Service reunites, music snobs love/hate it  (Read 14618 times)

atomicfront

Re: Coachella 2013 - The Postal Service reunites, music snobs love/hate it
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2013, 11:15:28 am »
atomicfront, two things

everybody here knows you are a past boardie and trying to pass yourself off as somebody new.  nobody believes a single word that comes out of your hands.  it is amusing, for me, to read what you post, so by all  means keep it up . . . just realize that everybody else thinks you are a ______.

well then they are plainly pretty damn stupid.  I guess it would explain why they think primavera has a better line-up than coachella.  When all the decent bands playing primavera are playing coachella and coachella has a ton of great bands that aren't playing primavera. 

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2013, 11:15:50 am »
It's very interesting to see the Three O' Clock buried in that line-up they would be great to see live again, i'm guess a Black Cat Backstage gig would be in order for them. 
T.Rex

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2013, 11:17:30 am »
atomicfront, two things

everybody here knows you are a past boardie and trying to pass yourself off as somebody new.  nobody believes a single word that comes out of your hands.  it is amusing, for me, to read what you post, so by all  means keep it up . . . just realize that everybody else thinks you are a ______.

well then they are plainly pretty damn stupid.  I guess it would explain why they think primavera has a better line-up than coachella.  When all the decent bands playing primavera are playing coachella and coachella has a ton of great bands that aren't playing primavera. 

i couldn't have said it any better.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2013, 11:23:59 am »
Day 2 actually looks pretty rad, HOW the hell is Phoenix fucking headlining this?
‼‼?‼‼

azaghal1981

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2013, 11:24:23 am »
This indeed would be awesome.

It's very interesting to see the Three O' Clock buried in that line-up they would be great to see live again, i'm guess a Black Cat Backstage gig would be in order for them. 

Cosigning everything Bearman has said in here.
احمد

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2013, 11:26:56 am »
Day 2 actually looks pretty rad, HOW the hell is Phoenix fucking headlining this?

yeah i love all this rhcp shouldn't headline anything, who are they, what have they done, have they had a career . . . as big as phoenix?

bearman🐻

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2013, 11:29:56 am »
Whoah. Thanks!

I love reading stuff like this by the way: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/24/coachella-haters-disappoi_n_2547849.html

The musical elitist in me enjoys seeing people react negatively to the fact that the festival has basically gone back to a much older format (hard to see any holograms showing up this year).

Also, some people are complaining about how there are too many "old" bands. Well, if you're going to make it such an expensive ticket, you're sure as hell going to need to draw older folks that can afford to pay more money and travel. For many it involves plane tickets, car rentals, hotels, gas money, etc. Not just a concert ticket. That adds up very fast.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2013, 11:31:59 am »

yeah i love all this rhcp shouldn't headline anything, who are they, what have they done, have they had a career . . . as big as phoenix?
Remind me how many ALBUM Pheonix has under their belt?

Say what you will about the Chili Pepers, but God damn, Phoenix? Really? At this rate Sleigh Bells should headline every day next year. At least they have 2 fucking albums........ if that's even an arguement...
‼‼?‼‼

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2013, 11:33:11 am »
actually, phoenix have quite a few albums . . . only problem is ninety ninety point nine nine percent of all people only can name their last one.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2013, 11:35:49 am »
Hoping this means Earl Sweatshirt is back and active.

I thought this was the case but that he isn't quite the old Earl.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2013, 11:36:22 am »
Phoenix will have 5 by the time the festival happens....  and the factor of the matter is festival are comprised of artists already on tour, etc... One offs are very rare
T.Rex

azaghal1981

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2013, 11:36:29 am »
Yeah I am not a big Phoenix fan but they have been around a little while.
احمد

dyecraig

« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2013, 11:39:17 am »
Grinderman and Nick Cave.  Pretty cool.

i thought grinderman broke up...

bearman🐻

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2013, 11:44:20 am »
Phoenix have been around for about 13 or 14 years. 5 LPs. Last one was certified gold in the US. But it was hugely popular and a bunch of songs appeared in many places. Commercials, movies, etc. Still, I'd venture to guess that someone canceled or pulled out of night 2. I still think the 2-day festival format works better, but that's just my own personal feeling. I don't enjoy being around that many people 3 days in a row.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2013, 11:44:30 am »
actually, phoenix have quite a few albums . . . only problem is ninety ninety point nine nine percent of all people only can name their last one.
Shows what i know, I don't like phoenix ¯\(°_o)/¯

‼‼?‼‼