Author Topic: Show Conflict(s)  (Read 48786 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: Show Conflict(s)
« Reply #165 on: April 25, 2022, 12:58:35 pm »

September 12:
Arlo Parks at the 930 vs Florence and the Machine at Cap One

And Bauhaus at the Anthem

Space Freely

« Reply #166 on: April 25, 2022, 01:48:02 pm »
May 7:
Chopteeth at the Hamilton vs Gogol Bordello at the 930

gogol is bound to be an intense show.  eugene hutz, who is ukrainian, is a man on a mission these days.  would be my choice between these two, if you have the energy ;D

I once saw Chopteeth for free at my local park. Good show, but a one and done local band for me.
I once saw Gogol Bordello at Bumbershoot Festival in Seattle. We had our two month old daughter with us. No moshing was done  I want to say it was her first show, but that would be Old 97's at Baltimore Artscape, one day shy of her turning one month old. No moshing at that show either, and no doubt we were way in the back away from any speakers. We used to be so much more adventurous when our kid was young enough the be an appendage instead of a human with preferences.

My vote would be for Gogol.

Also, Arlo Parks is sold out. I'm glad I got to see her for $15 at Union Stage, but couldn't bring myself to pay $36 at the 9:30 less than a year later. Though I'd still pick her over Florence.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #167 on: April 28, 2022, 03:53:23 pm »
May 7:
Chopteeth at the Hamilton vs Gogol Bordello at the 930

gogol is bound to be an intense show.  eugene hutz, who is ukrainian, is a man on a mission these days.  would be my choice between these two, if you have the energy ;D

interesting read:

‘We Ukrainians know how to turn suffering into strength’: Gogol Bordello’s Eugene Hütz on his musical resistance
The raucous Ukraine-born punk frontman has been a tireless cultural ambassador since the Russian invasion. He talks about his benefit single, growing up under Soviet repression, and ‘freedom-fighter’ musicians doing nothing to help
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #168 on: April 28, 2022, 04:02:27 pm »
I'm conflicted about seeing Tune-Yards.

Space Freely

« Reply #169 on: April 28, 2022, 04:44:12 pm »
I'm conflicted about seeing Tune-Yards.

I've always been conflicted on them. Sometimes they are terrible and sometimes they are actually close to good.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #170 on: April 28, 2022, 04:46:38 pm »
I'd really like to see Dirty Projectors.

« Reply #171 on: April 28, 2022, 05:24:44 pm »
Jon Spencer (in Charlottesville) Vs Mother's day

pretty much a non-choice, just venting
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #172 on: February 15, 2023, 12:06:50 am »
muse vs. the chemical brothers

ugh.  i don't go to that many shows anymore, takes something special/really good to get me to schlep 45-50 minutes into seattle, fight for parking, etc.  both of these acts rise to that level.  frustrating that they finally come up with two shows i'm willing to make the effort for... aaaaaand they're the same night.  i'm certain this is karma getting back at me for the glorious half-day of powder skiing i got in today. 
<sig>

Starsky

« Reply #173 on: February 15, 2023, 01:28:27 am »
Is that a conflict? Chemical Brothers never tour

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #174 on: February 15, 2023, 01:49:00 am »

yup, that's the big plus in their column.

on the other hand, i've set up the expectation with the missus that that night will be date night.  she's more likely to enjoy muse.  so i have to balance what i might prefer (the chems) vs risking that she won't like the show... also, i already have (expensive) tickets for muse.  switching to CB would require selling the muse tix, which is a pain.
<sig>

« Reply #175 on: February 15, 2023, 08:35:23 am »
lot of baggage in that decision. 
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #176 on: February 15, 2023, 08:41:19 am »
the real question here is whether not sweets will be getting his "glow stick" out in public again at the chem bros show.. and that type of behavior is why more frowned upon in the US verses Canada
T.Rex

Yada

« Reply #177 on: February 15, 2023, 09:43:06 am »
WWSD?

Space Freely

« Reply #178 on: February 15, 2023, 10:16:50 am »

yup, that's the big plus in their column.

on the other hand, i've set up the expectation with the missus that that night will be date night.  she's more likely to enjoy muse.  so i have to balance what i might prefer (the chems) vs risking that she won't like the show... also, i already have (expensive) tickets for muse.  switching to CB would require selling the muse tix, which is a pain.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 10:25:39 am by Space Freely »

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #179 on: February 15, 2023, 10:18:31 am »
Gotta do Chemical Brothers man.
LVMH