Author Topic: Hey Seth - Commentary Thread  (Read 6664 times)

Relaxer

Re: Hey Seth - Commentary Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2013, 03:24:35 pm »
We need killfile/ignore functionality on this board.
oword

eltee

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2013, 10:09:33 pm »
I'm confused...this is just TF that doesn't return fees? TM and RHT have returned my fees included in my ticket cost when a show was rescheduled even with the option to attend new date or have my ticket cost + fees returned to me.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2013, 01:06:11 am »
ratbastard . . . whoa dude . . . lay off the drudge report for a few hours.  that last tirade sounded moronic and had nothing to do with anything involving the ideas behind ticketmaster and their fees.  good god, people hate it when people do that, just fly off the handle into a completely off topic that somehow centers around politics and their personal vilification of the other side.  yeah we know the other side is always wrong, according to who?  man, is this breitbart? no?  good.  keep it that way.

did we really need this thread . . . it is sad on both fronts.

I have never seen the drudge report.
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2013, 01:12:13 am »
i have a right to complain if I don't get my fees refunded for a canceled show.  that should be illegal.  It doesn't matter if it is only 10 bucks.  10 bucks for nothing is still a scam.  And yes I have paid tons of money on shots.   But I have actually gotten to drink the shots. 

You have a right to voice your opinion on anything, but to ask for a refund for something that has been provided seems rather absurd to me. In this case, TM/TF did perform their service by selling you a ticket.  They were not in the business of putting on shows, playing shows, or any other aspect of it but selling a ticket to you.  They performed their service and you got what you paid for.  If you don't want to pay them for their service you have other options for buying your tickets (e.g. use the box office).  Also if you think the matter of fees is not right, you are always more than welcome to start your own ticket business, by investing all the capital necessary, hiring the staff necessary, contracting with various venues to provide ticketing services to their customers, and everything else involved.  Then again once you did that you would want to make a profit on your investment and get paid when you perform the services that you are in business to provide.
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2013, 01:14:38 am »
i have a right to complain if I don't get my fees refunded for a canceled show.  that should be illegal.  It doesn't matter if it is only 10 bucks.  10 bucks for nothing is still a scam.  And yes I have paid tons of money on shots.   But I have actually gotten to drink the shots. 

It's 10 bucks for nothing for YOU, but they still had to staff people to take those orders in the first place.

no it is all computerized.  The venue or the promoter should be the one taking the hit.  I didn't cancel the show.  I don't get my money back if I can't make the event.  It is a scam.  How hard is that to understand?

LOL even ->IF<- this were true I guess you think it costs TM/TF nothing to buy and maintain the computers and all the infrastructure to provide the service of selling you a ticket (which remember they DID do).  I guess you never called TF/TM to buy tickets, inquire about availability, or anything else.  I guess those are robotic computers that answer the phone right?
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2013, 01:16:20 am »
no it is all computerized.  The venue or the promoter should be the one taking the hit.  I didn't cancel the show.  I don't get my money back if I can't make the event.  It is a scam.  How hard is that to understand?

you take a toll road to get to the airport and the flight is cancelled once you get there.  do you get your tolls back?  no, because you go what you paid for: the right to use the road.  the highway authority isn't responsible for what happens at your destination.  if you don't like the tolls, take a different road. 

how hard is that to understand?  (in your case, apparently it's impossible...)

100% irrelevant.  The service of using the toll road was provided.  What the person/entity does with the money you paid for the service is irrelevant.

but the highway authority doesn't give part of the money it takes from you to the airline that cancels your flight!

FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2013, 01:17:46 am »
I'm confused...this is just TF that doesn't return fees? TM and RHT have returned my fees included in my ticket cost when a show was rescheduled even with the option to attend new date or have my ticket cost + fees returned to me.

AFAIK the NORM for any of the ticket agents is to not return fees.  I personally know of at least a handful of instances where each of them have elected to waive that policy.
FUKIT