Author Topic: What Did You Just Buy Tickets To?  (Read 574806 times)

stevewizzle

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Re: What Did You Just Buy Tickets To?
« Reply #196 on: January 07, 2014, 02:14:20 pm »
Watching that, I just feel embarrassed for them.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #197 on: January 07, 2014, 02:17:39 pm »
if anybody thinks im going to that show to see good music or creativity . . . youre just wrong.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #198 on: January 07, 2014, 02:18:32 pm »
I fail to understand what's embarrassing about a collective of five musician-poets who transcend genres even as they re-invent them. Haters going to hate. I think the miniscule Pizza Underground backlash is people showing how immature they are because they can't get past what one person in the group happened to do when he was 9 years old.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #199 on: January 07, 2014, 02:21:41 pm »
I fail to understand what's embarrassing about a collective of five musician-poets who transcend genres even as they re-invent them. Haters going to hate. I think the miniscule Pizza Underground backlash is people showing how immature they are because they can't get past what one person in the group happened to do when he was 9 years old.

I'm more embarrassed by Mac's tank top and hairdo.

chaz

« Reply #200 on: January 07, 2014, 02:24:46 pm »
Obv nobody going to this to see good music or creativity.  I'm guessing it's about humor?  It's just not funny at all.  Now people playing VU covers about pizza with skill and precision?   That might be just a little funny, akin to bands like Lez Zeppelin, Miss-fits, etc. 

I suppose it's mostly about McCauley Caulkin.  Which I suppose i can understand at least a little bit.  Like going to see Kevin Bacon's band or something. 

« Reply #201 on: January 07, 2014, 02:26:35 pm »
Obv nobody going to this to see good music or creativity.  I'm guessing it's about humor?  It's just not funny at all.  Now people playing VU covers about pizza with skill and precision?   That might be just a little funny, akin to bands like Lez Zeppelin, Miss-fits, etc. 

I suppose it's mostly about McCauley Caulkin.  Which I suppose i can understand at least a little bit.  Like going to see Kevin Bacon's band or something. 
You not being able to understand the subtle satire about societal mores =/= joke band. Pizza Underground are an "issues" band the way U2 would like to be.
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #202 on: January 07, 2014, 02:29:28 pm »

I listened to their demos and they were better than the original songs and they were funny. I mean who can't sing better than Lou Reed.   I won't be attending but I don't see why you are so negative about them.    It sounds like it is fun.  I don't care that Culkin is in the band. 

atomic

« Reply #203 on: January 07, 2014, 03:58:38 pm »
Ok after watching some live videos I take back all the positive things I said about Pizza Underground

chaz

« Reply #204 on: January 07, 2014, 04:08:59 pm »
Ok after watching some live videos I take back all the positive things I said about Pizza Underground
Finally someone besides me in here making some sense.

Yada

« Reply #205 on: January 07, 2014, 05:10:07 pm »

PWNT@!

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #206 on: January 09, 2014, 11:43:23 am »
Bought my ticket for Earl Sweatshirt. Was bummed he wasn't at the OFWGKTA show when they played RNR. I believe he had long been removed from the group at that point. He was my favorite from the group and it will be interesting to see him live. Wonder if he brings along any friends.
‼‼?‼‼

heather

« Reply #207 on: January 23, 2014, 12:14:49 pm »
i know it's a couple months off, but if anyone has an extra ticket for pizza underground, please let me know!

Relaxer

« Reply #208 on: January 23, 2014, 02:33:56 pm »
SPECIAL APPEARANCE: Midnight cult sensation THE ROOM returns to the E Street Cinema for three special shows this weekend! Writer/director/star Tommy Wiseau and actor Greg Sestero will appear in person at the E Street Cinema on Friday, January 24 ?round Midnight; Saturday, January 25 ?round Midnight; and Sunday, January 26 at 9:00pm. $20 tickets include an autographed poster!
oword

« Reply #209 on: January 23, 2014, 02:36:47 pm »
SPECIAL APPEARANCE: Midnight cult sensation THE ROOM returns to the E Street Cinema for three special shows this weekend! Writer/director/star Tommy Wiseau and actor Greg Sestero will appear in person at the E Street Cinema on Friday, January 24 ?round Midnight; Saturday, January 25 ?round Midnight; and Sunday, January 26 at 9:00pm. $20 tickets include an autographed poster!
Isn't that one of those movies like Plan 9 From Outer Space that's so bad its good? I've never seen it and not sure if I'm thinking of the right movie.
LVMH