Author Topic: What Did You Just Buy Tickets To?  (Read 575076 times)

Re: What Did You Just Buy Tickets To?
« Reply #300 on: September 19, 2014, 04:24:12 pm »
hope you paid the extra $10 for The Fillmore Silver Spring Fast Lane
f'n bull shit....hate LiveNation
slack

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #301 on: September 19, 2014, 04:27:45 pm »
I did not pay anything extra.  What is the fast lane?  I have been to a few shows at the Fillmore, and have not had any issues getting in the venue in a timely fashion.

They're spectacular live. The 930 show in... 2003?... with stellastarr* opening is a top 10 all-timer for me.

I have a feeling this will be up there for me as well.  The set lists as of late have been excellent.  They do a great job curating content from the last few albums, along with some older tunes.  I was supposed to see them in 2009, but part of their tour was cancelled.  I do not plan on waiting another five years...

Relaxer

« Reply #302 on: September 19, 2014, 04:31:09 pm »
I easily could be wrong but I want to say that Placebo show was with Idlewild. I'm trying really hard to remember who was the other band for that Stellastarr show. My first thought was Grandaddy.
oword

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #303 on: September 19, 2014, 04:36:02 pm »
I easily could be wrong but I want to say that Placebo show was with Idlewild. I'm trying really hard to remember who was the other band for that Stellastarr show. My first thought was Grandaddy.
They (Placebo) came in summer 03 with Ambulance Ltd, and again in December with stellastarr*. I know the December show was 2 bands only, I'd wager a significant amount of money on that. I have never seen Idlewild but would've loved to so I'm certain that was a different tour.

I know Stellastarr* headed out spring 04 with Ambulance Ltd and Killers. I'm pissed if I missed an Idlewild/Stellastarr* tour at some point.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 04:37:37 pm by Julian, Community ORGANIZER »
LVMH

Relaxer

« Reply #304 on: September 19, 2014, 04:56:19 pm »
I saw that Stellastarr/Ambulance/Killers show at the Black Cat. It was incredible, I couldn't believe how good Stellastarr was.

And it appears you are correct:

Placebo 12.12.03   9:30 Club, Washington DC   USA   w/ Stellastarr

Now I wish I could remember what show it was where Idlewild opened at the club. I remember getting there halfway through their set and being so bummed that I'd missed it.
oword

« Reply #305 on: September 19, 2014, 04:58:43 pm »
I saw that Stellastarr/Ambulance/Killers show at the Black Cat. It was incredible, I couldn't believe how good Stellastarr was.
I saw it in RVA. Maybe 20 people in attendance. Killers sounded awful, the other two bands were spot on.
LVMH

Relaxer

« Reply #306 on: September 19, 2014, 05:48:09 pm »
I was actually pretty impressed with the Killers, though I was inclined to like them because I was a huge NME fanboy and had a feeling they would be good. But regardless of my mental hype, I thought they were very polished and "fully formed" in that the songs were catchy, they sounded great, and they looked good up there. I never really listened to them apart from when their songs came on the radio, and I can still hum some of the tunes they played that night.
oword

« Reply #307 on: September 19, 2014, 05:56:16 pm »
I was actually pretty impressed with the Killers, though I was inclined to like them because I was a huge NME fanboy and had a feeling they would be good. But regardless of my mental hype, I thought they were very polished and "fully formed" in that the songs were catchy, they sounded great, and they looked good up there. I never really listened to them apart from when their songs came on the radio, and I can still hum some of the tunes they played that night.
it was possibly venue specific but you couldn't make out a word they sang all night. Echoy mess.
LVMH

shemptiness

« Reply #308 on: September 22, 2014, 02:19:09 pm »
ALDS Game 5 (if necessary)  Going to 2 and 5.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #309 on: September 22, 2014, 09:11:51 pm »

NLCS Game 1. Yay!

shemptiness

« Reply #310 on: September 22, 2014, 09:25:09 pm »

NLCS Game 1. Yay!

CS or DS?

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #311 on: September 23, 2014, 10:03:40 am »

Unsanity

« Reply #312 on: September 24, 2014, 02:56:55 am »
Maryland Death Fest 2015. So far I only picked up Soundstage Saturday tickets. I also plan on going to the main stage Sunday to see Neurosis and Goatsnake amongst others. I don't think the main stage areas sell out really so dunno if I will get advance tix on that one.

K8teebug

« Reply #313 on: September 25, 2014, 07:51:07 am »
ALDS game 2, ALCS game 2, World Series game 2

Also going to get World Series game 7 (hope hope).

shemptiness

« Reply #314 on: September 25, 2014, 10:03:46 am »
ALDS game 2, ALCS game 2, World Series game 2

Also going to get World Series game 7 (hope hope).

Me 2.  I think miniplan holders all got Gm 2.  My seats go from $45 to $70 to $180 with each round.