Author Topic: What Did You Just Buy Tickets To?  (Read 575096 times)

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
Re: What Did You Just Buy Tickets To?
« Reply #1335 on: March 28, 2019, 04:49:39 pm »
Well sure, I dont' mean to suffer through it if you know its bad. But it sounds like you've never seen them before, so if you like them, why not try it?  If you do want recommendations, though, Vas likes to say everything is bad.

I may. Silent Alarm is very important to me. Wish the old lineup was touring it.

MAGA 2020

« Reply #1336 on: March 28, 2019, 08:33:04 pm »
Was very close to buying Jawbreaker tickets for $6 off of StubHub for tonights show but the traffic shit show from the beltway being shutdown made it an easy decision while traveling back from Crystal City to Alexandria on my way home from work.  395 north was a parking lot for miles as I was headed south.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1337 on: March 29, 2019, 11:21:53 am »
I'm actually a fan of Bloc Party...I've seen the Silent Alarm tour twice shortly after it came out.  I love Silent Alarm.

Not everything I say is bad...but it's just my opinion that I think their live show sucks....and those were $12 - $15 shows. 

There are just certain bands that are great/better on record than the live shows.  Modest Mouse is the only other band that I can think of right now.

Well sure, I dont' mean to suffer through it if you know its bad. But it sounds like you've never seen them before, so if you like them, why not try it?  If you do want recommendations, though, Vas likes to say everything is bad.

I may. Silent Alarm is very important to me. Wish the old lineup was touring it.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 11:26:24 am by Vas Deferens »
(_|_)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1338 on: March 29, 2019, 11:38:10 am »
Modest Mouse is the only other band that I can think of right now.
I'll co-sign this one. They're borderline terrible live.

Back to the point of the thread: just bought tickets to Avail.
LVMH

Relaxer

« Reply #1339 on: March 29, 2019, 11:43:09 am »
I found Built to Spill and My Morning Jacket -- both of which I would've thought put on great shows -- were mediocre live, esp MMJ.
oword

nkotb

« Reply #1340 on: March 29, 2019, 11:48:57 am »
I forgot that Vas is also a scene-ster who will tell you how he's seen the band multiple times before you ever heard of them for much cheaper than you're paying now and at a much smaller venue!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm actually a fan of Bloc Party...I've seen the Silent Alarm tour twice shortly after it came out.  I love Silent Alarm.

Not everything I say is bad...but it's just my opinion that I think their live show sucks....and those were $12 - $15 shows. 

There are just certain bands that are great/better on record than the live shows.  Modest Mouse is the only other band that I can think of right now.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #1341 on: March 29, 2019, 11:50:59 am »
i just bought a ticket to the Sea Change Festival in Totnes, England.....looked cool, I'm going to be near there anyway...so why not

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #1342 on: March 30, 2019, 10:18:40 am »
The Chats at Songbyrd

Space Freely

« Reply #1343 on: March 30, 2019, 01:51:57 pm »

I love Janelle Monae and Of Montreal on record. But the one time i saw them, when they toured together, both were meh. Maybe i just don't like all the theatricality.

hutch

« Reply #1344 on: March 30, 2019, 05:25:44 pm »
Come on dude...I mean that is on you regarding Monae

It’s like saying I went to see Bowie but didn’t like the outfits or I went to see the Ramones but didn’t appreciate all the short 2 minute songs or I went to see the Stones but didn’t like all the Jagger calisthenics

BTW Monae has the coolest fan base

Space Freely

« Reply #1345 on: March 30, 2019, 09:15:45 pm »
Come on dude...I mean that is on you regarding Monae

It’s like saying I went to see Bowie but didn’t like the outfits or I went to see the Ramones but didn’t appreciate all the short 2 minute songs or I went to see the Stones but didn’t like all the Jagger calisthenics

BTW Monae has the coolest fan base

Too much of the music was prerecorded. Total turn off for me.

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #1346 on: April 01, 2019, 07:51:33 am »

I love Janelle Monae and Of Montreal on record. But the one time i saw them, when they toured together, both were meh. Maybe i just don't like all the theatricality.

I've seen of Montreal half a dozen times and had a blast at every single show. That was years ago though. The shtick may wear thin on me these days.

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #1347 on: April 05, 2019, 08:51:05 pm »
Just got my 3rd row tickets to see the rupaul show at The Anthem in October.

Thanks Julian, again!

Why is there not, a seating chart on the anthem website?

analogfossa

« Reply #1348 on: April 08, 2019, 12:05:35 pm »
Vatican Shadow at DC Cathedral

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #1349 on: April 09, 2019, 10:26:36 am »
John Mulaney added to, and headlining, Pete Davidson show at Meyerhoff in Baltimore. 4/28.