Author Topic: What Did You Just Buy Tickets To?  (Read 575132 times)

challenged

• Instagram
Re: What Did You Just Buy Tickets To?
« Reply #1470 on: November 07, 2019, 09:42:01 am »
That’s a pretty alright lineup!!!

Except he has to drive to freaking Charleston, unless he's flying.

Flying, for sure.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #1471 on: November 09, 2019, 09:55:23 am »
Skegss - RNR Hotel

hutch

« Reply #1472 on: November 09, 2019, 09:58:25 am »
Ricky Skaggs?

Doesn’t seem like his type of venue

(Newer artist names have jumped the shark)

Yada

« Reply #1473 on: November 09, 2019, 12:13:37 pm »

Can we get a Space; gas vs. flying vs time vs effort ratio put together to see what should be done?

Space Freely

« Reply #1474 on: November 09, 2019, 03:44:22 pm »

Can we get a Space; gas vs. flying vs time vs effort ratio put together to see what should be done?

Last time I was in Charleston was on a detour on the drive home from Miami. No plans to go back even though I tangentially know someone there does that answer the q?

Yada

« Reply #1475 on: November 09, 2019, 04:06:45 pm »

Last time I was in Charleston was on a detour on the drive home from Miami. No plans to go back even though I tangentially know someone there does that answer the q?

Wait... you drove to Miami?

Let's hear how that was a better idea than flying.

K8teebug

« Reply #1476 on: November 12, 2019, 11:39:43 am »
I drove to Siesta Key last year for my sister's wedding and then my parents and my other sister and I went on a roadtrip from there to Key West, Cape Canaveral (for a rocket launch), Savannah, Charleston, then home. The drive home from Charleston was easy and completely doable. But, maybe it just felt that way after driving that much in a two week time period.

Space Freely

« Reply #1477 on: November 12, 2019, 03:12:55 pm »

(Sort of, compared to my usual planning standards) last minute decision to go to Miami for Spring Break 2018, and airfare prices  for three sucked royally. Also had a desire/need at the time to go to Charleston and needed to do it driving, so rolled the two trips into one.

I really hate how Spring Break for Fairfax County Schools is always attached to Easter week. Any other week in Spring, and airfare would be completely reasonable. Fucking Christians.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1478 on: November 12, 2019, 03:27:51 pm »

(Sort of, compared to my usual planning standards) last minute decision to go to Miami for Spring Break 2018, and airfare prices  for three sucked royally. Also had a desire/need at the time to go to Charleston and needed to do it driving, so rolled the two trips into one.

I really hate how Spring Break for Fairfax County Schools is always attached to Easter week. Any other week in Spring, and airfare would be completely reasonable. Fucking Christians.
But if a significant portion of school systems moved their spring break week, don’t you think that new week would see flight costs rise? I think you have the tail wagging the dog.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #1479 on: November 12, 2019, 04:47:21 pm »

But if a significant portion of school systems moved their spring break week, don’t you think that new week would see flight costs rise? I think you have the tail wagging the dog.

Only if they all moved it to the same week...

It looks like Easter has varied between 3/22 and 4/25. So pick the five or six possible weeks in that time frame, and each school randomly choose a week in the time frame rather than everyone taking Easter week.

dyecraig

« Reply #1480 on: November 25, 2019, 01:34:00 pm »
GBV @ black cat 12.7

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1481 on: December 02, 2019, 11:35:58 am »
about 5 megabus roundtrip tickets from Baltimore to NYC between January and February.

they are giving away 200,000 free tickets.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 12:08:54 pm by Vas Deferens »
(_|_)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #1482 on: December 02, 2019, 12:01:23 pm »
Punk Rock Bowling.

This ticket might hit StubHub.

Space Freely

« Reply #1483 on: December 02, 2019, 12:37:10 pm »
about 5 megabus roundtrip tickets from Baltimore to NYC between January and February.

How do they generate a profit doing that?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1484 on: December 02, 2019, 01:51:56 pm »

How do they generate a profit doing that?

i thought those cheap bus services are all about money laundering and drug distribution.
<sig>