Author Topic: What Did You Just Buy Tickets To?  (Read 575292 times)

Yada

Re: What Did You Just Buy Tickets To?
« Reply #1890 on: October 06, 2021, 03:22:26 pm »
Phish @ MSG, night 1+2+3

Trifecta
any word on the horn section?
I'll admit that this is 90% me hating Phish but there is 10% of this coming from a point of I thinking this is a valid conversation to have: does Trey deserve some shit for the handling of this? He schedules a tour, his musicians get sick, he continues the tour but tosses them all off with (unless I missed it) no word about continuing to pay them for the shows they are now off of which could impact their ability to get quality COVID-care if needed -- isn't this kind of shitty?

I admittedly think the tour should've been cancelled as well (and I think I posted somewhere that I don't understand the protocols for basically anything at this point).

I also don't think the public has any insight into how bands are paid (not just Trey's band, but any band), but I can gaurantee he still paid those band members. I'm pretty sure he basically did the tour to give those people a paycheck anyway. He's also an obsessive compulsive musician that if given the opportunity, would probably tour 10 months a year.

Edit* However, it seems that a classroom can have a postive case and not send everyone home, so I guess this is same sort of scenario. If you're negative, you're negative...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 03:31:30 pm by Yada »

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1891 on: October 06, 2021, 03:54:34 pm »
I also don't think the public has any insight into how bands are paid (not just Trey's band, but any band), but I can gaurantee he still paid those band members.
Well, I'm not sure I would guarantee that. It seems weird in this day and age to announce all these folks are leaving the tour but the tour will go on but not say the obvious great public relations line of "and all of their medical expenses will be covered/all of these folks will be paid for the entire tour" unless (1) you are not doing that or (2) you are some naïve sweet summer child that doesn't get that such a statement is de rigeur nowadays and engenders yourself much good will.

I don't have an issue with the tour going on specifically. If you don't have it, you don't have it. Wash, rinse, repeat.
LVMH

« Reply #1892 on: October 06, 2021, 03:56:49 pm »
well, I can guarantee, if anyone is going to get to the bottom of this Phish-fry, it will be yada
So I'll expect an update soon
slack

Yada

« Reply #1893 on: October 06, 2021, 04:02:13 pm »
I also don't think the public has any insight into how bands are paid (not just Trey's band, but any band), but I can gaurantee he still paid those band members.
Well, I'm not sure I would guarantee that. It seems weird in this day and age to announce all these folks are leaving the tour but the tour will go on but not say the obvious great public relations line of "and all of their medical expenses will be covered/all of these folks will be paid for the entire tour" unless (1) you are not doing that or (2) you are some naïve sweet summer child that doesn't get that such a statement is de rigeur nowadays and engenders yourself much good will.

I don't have an issue with the tour going on specifically. If you don't have it, you don't have it. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Why on earth would anyone make a statement saying, "all impacted by Covid will continue to be paid." As I've said, last I checked Trey is worth approximately 100 million dollars, was doing this tour as basically good will for his other band members, and it was about six maybe seven shows that were impacted. I'm sure he coughed up a few grand per show for each player that couldn't participate.

Starsky

« Reply #1894 on: October 06, 2021, 04:06:23 pm »
I think saying people will continue getting paid would be tacky…

Like you will get paid for DC show hope you don’t die from covid tacky

Yada

« Reply #1895 on: October 06, 2021, 04:17:19 pm »
I think saying people will continue getting paid would be tacky…

Like you will get paid for DC show hope you don’t die from covid tacky

Yeah... makes no sense... I think Jules like he said is looking for a reason to bag on Phish/Trey, which is fine... but no one is going to make an announcment about that.

« Reply #1896 on: October 06, 2021, 04:19:44 pm »
I think Jules like he said is looking for a reason to bag on Phish/Trey
let me tell you from personal experience, you don't need a reason, just their existence is enough ;)
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1897 on: October 08, 2021, 01:09:03 pm »
snagged pits for the Chili Peppers
<sig>

« Reply #1898 on: October 08, 2021, 01:14:38 pm »
Snagged the stupid ass VIP tickets for RHCP
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #1899 on: October 08, 2021, 01:28:12 pm »

Which venue?
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1900 on: October 08, 2021, 08:11:42 pm »

Which venue?

home of the Mariners. way too early to commit to an out-of-town show...
<sig>

« Reply #1901 on: October 08, 2021, 09:29:11 pm »

Which venue?

home of the Mariners. way too early to commit to an out-of-town show...
Look, you’re coming to San Fran and sleeping in Smackies bathtub with the rest of us, much to the chagrin of the Smackinatrix.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1902 on: October 10, 2021, 01:59:30 am »
Look, you’re coming to San Fran and sleeping in Smackies bathtub with the rest of us,

fine, but only if i can sleep in the bathtub of your hotel room next to Levi Stadium the night of the show.

Smackinatrix.

@vansmack - please tell The Brand she has been rebranded.  this one is too good not to stick.

<sig>

« Reply #1903 on: October 10, 2021, 10:38:50 am »
We will get adjoining rooms as my wife has become accustomed to bathing.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1904 on: October 10, 2021, 02:55:34 pm »
We will get adjoining rooms as my wife has become accustomed to bathing.

good for her.  she's come such a long way.
<sig>