Author Topic: What Did You Just Buy Tickets To?  (Read 598404 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: What Did You Just Buy Tickets To?
« Reply #2400 on: May 16, 2023, 11:28:38 am »
The Wednesday Walkmen show for the nice price of $8.
Great work! This rates high on the Space's proprietary ASSHOLE* Index®©.

* - Act’s Superiority vs Secondary Hawking Offers adjusted for Location’s Expansiveness
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #2401 on: May 16, 2023, 11:38:23 am »
The Wednesday Walkmen show for the nice price of $8.
Great work! This rates high on the Space's proprietary ASSHOLE* Index®©.

* - Act’s Superiority vs Secondary Hawking Offers adjusted for Location’s Expansiveness

You will be very happy to know that I stupidly paid full price for that very show, that very night. Though I have since traded my ticket for a  a Friday night Walkmen ticket.

Still hoping to land cheap tickets to Caroline Polachek, The National (Tues),  MMJ, and Duran Duran.

8 bucks for that Liz Phair show would work too, but I'll be in the Midwest at the in-laws.

Hutch

« Reply #2402 on: May 16, 2023, 12:01:55 pm »
I will be shocked if Polachek doesn’t sell out…

Yada

« Reply #2403 on: May 16, 2023, 01:32:45 pm »

Space Freely

« Reply #2404 on: May 16, 2023, 02:16:07 pm »

Oh wow, I see there was a low ticket warning yesterday. Better make a decision on whether I'm going to suck it up and pay face plus fees, or not go.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2405 on: May 16, 2023, 02:40:08 pm »

Oh wow, I see there was a low ticket warning yesterday. Better make a decision on whether I'm going to suck it up and pay face plus fees, or not go.

or, roll the dice and see if you can pick up a cheap ticket in the days leading up to the show.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #2406 on: May 16, 2023, 03:08:32 pm »

or, roll the dice and see if you can pick up a cheap ticket in the days leading up to the show.

Doesn't that get infinitely harder if the show is sold out as opposed to not sold out?

I have about fives shows on five separate nights I'm considering in the space of eight days starting Friday. (A sixth one on a sixth night already sold out.) That's a rarity for me. I already have tickets to two of the nights. I suppose if I miss one or even several of them it's not the end of the world.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2407 on: May 16, 2023, 04:25:07 pm »

Doesn't that get infinitely harder if the show is sold out as opposed to not sold out?

it's certainly easier and more likely to find a cheap ticket to a not-sold-out show, but i've had plenty of experience both buying and selling tickets for sold out shows at or below cost.  if it's VERY sold out, a la Springsteen or Taylor Swift, then you're not getting anything cheap.  but for your average sold out show keep checking CL, FB marketplace and eBay in addition to the online scalpers (stubhub etc.) in the ~10 days leading up to the show.  there are always folks who can't make the show anymore, had a friend drop out, etc. 

sometimes it's hard finding buyers for sold-out shows - perhaps demand has been met, or folks who got initially shut out have given up on getting tickets?  i recently had to sell my Muse tickets - floors! - at a loss.  i posted them on several sites, including on the main Muse message board, and only got lowball offers. 
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2408 on: May 16, 2023, 05:32:29 pm »
Anthem sux with sold out shows, stay home..  ::)
(_|_)

Hutch

« Reply #2409 on: May 16, 2023, 05:50:11 pm »
Boo!

It definitely sucks if you don’t know what you’re doing….I see people all the time in the wrong places.

I have to say all I get are compliments about the venue itself from people leaving.

The outside lines can sometimes be too long.

Oh and the faucets are being changed. Starting from floor level which I think has been done completely and going up.

If a show is sold out I like house right on floor to the left of bar. If you get there early box 2 or 3 behind seats are good.

« Reply #2410 on: May 16, 2023, 05:51:54 pm »
keep checking CL, FB marketplace and eBay
I never use these platforms for tickets, soo many scamers
at least with seatgeek/stubhub/ticketbastard, you pretty much are not going to get screwed, you likely will over pay
slack

« Reply #2411 on: May 16, 2023, 05:52:48 pm »
. If you get there early box 2 or 3 behind seats are good.
this is a good tip
slack

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2412 on: May 16, 2023, 06:06:35 pm »
It sucks you have to be there super early to be close to front, but then the front has shitty sound.

I swear I'll never go back there for sold out shows after the YYYs.   

Boo!

It definitely sucks if you don’t know what you’re doing….I see people all the time in the wrong places.

I have to say all I get are compliments about the venue itself from people leaving.

The outside lines can sometimes be too long.

Oh and the faucets are being changed. Starting from floor level which I think has been done completely and going up.

If a show is sold out I like house right on floor to the left of bar. If you get there early box 2 or 3 behind seats are good.
(_|_)

Yada

« Reply #2413 on: May 16, 2023, 07:11:55 pm »
keep checking CL, FB marketplace and eBay
I never use these platforms for tickets, soo many scamers
at least with seatgeek/stubhub/ticketbastard, you pretty much are not going to get screwed, you likely will over pay

I think sweetcell's ticket buying market places matches his beer competition importance.

Yada

« Reply #2414 on: May 16, 2023, 07:12:36 pm »
Anthem all venues sux with sold out shows, stay home..  ::)