Author Topic: What Did You Just Buy Tickets To?  (Read 598141 times)

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
Re: What Did You Just Buy Tickets To?
« Reply #2595 on: November 15, 2023, 01:57:26 pm »
Belle and Sebastian at Union Transfer. I think Anthem is completely wrong for them as a venue, and even though I've seen them there and enjoyed it, they're better off at the 9:30. I think I'll sit out the Anthem show and try to see them at venues that they're better suited for.

Agreed. Their Anthem show was my least favorite of their stints here. Looking like a DOS decision.

bearman🐻

« Reply #2596 on: November 15, 2023, 04:33:10 pm »
It’s certainly ambitious considering the last time they played Anthem there couldn’t have been more than 1500 there…AND that they are playing The National relatively nearby

Will be interesting to see…

I was surprised they didn’t announce something like playing Sinister album to get tickets to move…

TBT the only time I saw Belle was at Anthem and I enjoyed it a lot! Got up real close… I had tickets to see them their first time in DC area at Black Cat but had to be out of town for work. That hurt.

Sorry to say that the Black Cat show was one for the books. I saw them in Chicago at the Metro on that tour, and it wasn't great. By the time they got to DC, they worked out whatever issues were bugging them (<cough>Isobel and Stuart</cough>) and it was a fantastic performance. The Anthem show was definitely one where I was like "this shoulda been at the 9:30". If Philly is great, I might try to see the Anthem gig, but I'm not counting on it. I hate to be someone that dumps on a venue, but it's got to be the right band to fill the space. And it's really hit or miss for me. Sometimes the energy in that room dissipates and performances fall flat, no matter how good the band. It's a bummer.

Hutch

« Reply #2597 on: November 15, 2023, 07:56:20 pm »
Awesome! You really made me feel great Bearman!! Thanks

bearman🐻

« Reply #2598 on: November 17, 2023, 10:47:55 am »

Don't worry...it was a fun show, but I'm sure there have been loads of other shows even better than that one since then that you've seen!

« Reply #2599 on: November 17, 2023, 12:36:01 pm »

Don't worry...it was a fun show, but I'm sure there have been loads of other shows even better than that one since then that you've seen!
nope, that was the zenith and hutch has been miserable ever since (it's possible the two are unrelated)
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?

Hutch

« Reply #2601 on: November 17, 2023, 01:07:53 pm »
I had enjoyed it but now I find myself questioning whether I was right to do so given everyone else thought it was so bloody awful.

And initially I was happy they announced a new show at the Anthem but now I am looking to book a plane ticket far away during this unfortunate upcoming occurrence and just try to forget all about it.

I might tweet Stuart and see if he can cancel…as the 2022 scooter Belle and Sebastian bee winner my word carries mucho weight

Space Freely

« Reply #2602 on: November 17, 2023, 02:16:43 pm »
Sierra Ferrell

Hate paying the fees, but was pretty sure it would sell out quickly.

Will a second show be added?

Hutch

« Reply #2603 on: November 18, 2023, 11:10:38 am »
Well you can’t go wrong anymore as everything seems to sell out….I doubt there will be a show added but haven’t researched it…

Hutch

« Reply #2604 on: November 18, 2023, 11:30:49 am »
Wow it did sell out!

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2605 on: November 22, 2023, 04:21:59 pm »
Yeah, Philly and DC are not the same. B&S can't sell out Philly in one day, at a size smaller than 930 (show not sold out). They can't even sell out Sleater-Kinney at TLA.  Sucks that we don't have any 2000 capacity venue that is owned by IMP.

It’s certainly ambitious considering the last time they played Anthem there couldn’t have been more than 1500 there…AND that they are playing The National relatively nearby

I was surprised they didn’t announce something like playing Sinister album to get tickets to move…

TBT the only time I saw Belle was at Anthem and I enjoyed it a lot! Got up real close… I had tickets to see them their first time in DC area at Black Cat but had to be out of town for work. That hurt.
(_|_)

« Reply #2606 on: November 22, 2023, 08:59:06 pm »
Yeah, Philly and DC are not the same. B&S can't sell out Philly in one day, at a size smaller than 930 (show not sold out). They can't even sell out Sleater-Kinney at TLA.  Sucks that we don't have any 2000 capacity venue that is owned by IMP.

I say we take the seats out on the main floor of the Lincoln… problem solved
slack

Hutch

« Reply #2607 on: November 22, 2023, 09:07:08 pm »
Nick Mason got moved from Anthem to Lincoln (to my chagrin) so who knows…..

Hutch

« Reply #2608 on: November 22, 2023, 09:11:54 pm »
Older legendary bands often have a tougher time selling tickets to shows than we think….

In 2007 I had an extra to see Iggy and the Stooges at 930 and I couldn’t give away my ticket….

Look at Thievery..they used to sell out the club five nights in a row and now barely sell out one…

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2609 on: November 27, 2023, 11:31:52 pm »
jimmy carr
<sig>