Author Topic: What Did You Just Buy Tickets To?  (Read 598026 times)

Hutch

Re: What Did You Just Buy Tickets To?
« Reply #2700 on: March 10, 2024, 04:16:19 pm »
Maybe you had too much coffee!?

More_Coffee

« Reply #2701 on: March 10, 2024, 08:18:14 pm »
Maybe you had too much coffee!?

Impossible.
Also, I'm not in the band. They were the ones zipping through it.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2702 on: March 10, 2024, 10:20:37 pm »
I agree about the Air show at the club. They had an amazing drummer with them who was likely trained as jazz drummer because he had that ability to shift from quiet/laid back to explosive
T.Rex

bearman🐻

« Reply #2703 on: March 11, 2024, 09:23:06 am »
Air - good on record, boring live.

Disagree. This isn't a rock band. They're psychedelic lunar space jazz/funk. Nicolas' fuzzed-out bass is a thing of beauty to hear live. They always have consistently good drummers. I also think songs like "Cherry Blossom Girl", "Radian" and "You Make It Easy" are meant to be gentler accompaniments to the climactic freakout of "La Femme D'Argent", "Don't Be Light" and in 2004 that insane version of "Alpha Beta Gaga" which turned it into this freaky terror...like if Dario Argento had a scene at a rave. I think they're worth revisiting live, and this tour will be special. 

Space Freely

« Reply #2704 on: March 15, 2024, 10:31:18 am »
Charley Crockett

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2705 on: March 15, 2024, 10:35:36 am »

Disagree. This isn't a rock band. They're psychedelic lunar space jazz/funk. Nicolas' fuzzed-out bass is a thing of beauty to hear live. They always have consistently good drummers. I also think songs like "Cherry Blossom Girl", "Radian" and "You Make It Easy" are meant to be gentler accompaniments to the climactic freakout of "La Femme D'Argent", "Don't Be Light" and in 2004 that insane version of "Alpha Beta Gaga" which turned it into this freaky terror...like if Dario Argento had a scene at a rave. I think they're worth revisiting live, and this tour will be special.
I don’t usually like to read long form breakdowns of music/concerts on here because I’m the only one here with any actual writing chops or anything to say that rises to the level of “insightful,” but this is well put, and I agree, Bearman.

Also congrats on your P7 last weekend.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #2706 on: March 15, 2024, 11:41:35 am »

I don’t usually like to read long form breakdowns of music/concerts on here because I’m the only one here with any actual writing chops or anything to say that rises to the level of “insightful,” but this is well put, and I agree, Bearman.

You must've missed my stellar cat power review.

« Reply #2707 on: March 15, 2024, 11:45:28 am »
Well we all know AI wrote that one
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #2708 on: March 15, 2024, 12:53:43 pm »

Can you please post links to these insightful show reviews? I don't remember any. Probably a memory problem.

Yada

« Reply #2709 on: March 15, 2024, 01:43:40 pm »

how dare you!  Next you'll say that AI wrote the epic hutch/hitler script.

« Reply #2710 on: March 15, 2024, 01:47:30 pm »

hmm, well if AI has been scraping the content from the board, I could believe that
but that had your stamp all over it

also, my new band name: Hutch Hitler
slack

Yada

« Reply #2711 on: March 15, 2024, 01:49:17 pm »

hmm, well if AI has been scraping the content from the board, I could believe that
but that had your stamp all over it

also, my new band name: Hutch Hitler

I have it on good authority that when kosmo updated the certificate, he also included co-pilot.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 02:03:26 pm by Yada »

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2712 on: March 15, 2024, 02:48:31 pm »

MUST HAVE.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #2713 on: March 15, 2024, 02:51:38 pm »

MUST HAVE.

Same thing, though I'd skip the all-caps.

https://proofed.com/writing-tips/grammar-tips-must-have-or-must-of/#:~:text=%E2%80%9CMust've%E2%80%9D%20is%20simply,of%20words%20in%20most%20cases.

“Must've” is simply a contraction of “must have.” Combining the words like this is fine in less formal writing or speech and makes grammatical sense. “Must of,” on the other hand, is almost always a mistake. As a result, you should avoid this combination of words in most cases

Hutch

« Reply #2714 on: March 15, 2024, 03:35:21 pm »
Yada’s Cat Power review was so good I thought he cut and pasted it from somewhere else…..