Author Topic: catching Metro from Stathmore  (Read 7840 times)

frippy

Re: catching Metro from Stathmore
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2013, 03:51:49 pm »
if you can afford the prices for this show you can afford to take a cab home if you miss the metro.

True.  However, since I have only been to Strathmore once and haven't caught Metro from there I just wanted to make sure my transportation plans were okay.  Thanks everyone for the info; can't wait for tonight.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2013, 04:29:50 pm »
Prices on stubhub now down to under $20...even orchestra center seats are $35.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2013, 04:53:12 pm »
Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap   :-[

I forgot this was tonite so I made plans. Would have bought off stubhub. 

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2013, 07:15:32 pm »
hey atomicfront . . . just curious, if said person would have bought his ticket off of stubhubb for thirty five dollars, like these other fine peoples are suggesting, does the same "ride in a cab you bum" rule still apply? 

hutch

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2013, 07:16:49 pm »
at this point you could afford the ticket but not the cab!

chaz

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2013, 07:57:08 am »
show was incredible

K8teebug

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2013, 08:42:15 am »
One of the best shows I've ever seen ever.

gavroche

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2013, 08:55:52 am »
I thought they were great.  Still not crazy about the new album.  Strathmore is still a weird venue for a show like that, it helped a lot that Nick invited everyone down to the front.

K8teebug

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2013, 09:02:57 am »
That did really help.  There was only one other person in front of me and it was very intimidating when he came to the middle and sang right to my face.  I was happy to have other people in front!!!

Drunk/on x girl next to us was incredibly annoying, but whatever.

hutch

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2013, 09:11:06 am »
That was one of the best shows I can recall seeing.... to me superior to the 2008 show at the 930...I think the bad seeds benefited from the venue's larger stage and from being able to play to a bigger crowd

I wasn't entirely sure until I got home and checked but that was Barry Adamson and Ed Kuepper up there... Adamson recently rejoined the Bad Seeds and Kuepper tours with them (he was in the Saints which put out a couple of killer punk records in the late 70s)

I thought Jubilee Street was a high point in a night of high points...I though the new stuff worked really well...Higgs Boson Blues is great.

Warren Ellis was thankfully much more subdued than at the 2008 show where he'd almost shared the focus with Nick... at this show he was still the band leader but he didn't really get up front too much and didn't take too many solos etc.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2013, 09:14:44 am »
but not as incredible as Thao with the get down stay down  ;D
(_|_)

K8teebug

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2013, 09:31:18 am »
but not as incredible as Thao with the get down stay down  ;D

Sorry, Nick Cave was better.  Definitely top 5 shows ever.

I love Warren Ellis.  Have seen him in all his bands now!

I just have no words for how amazing that was last night. 

Jubilee Street sounds SO GOOD live.  Stagger Lee, Into My Arms....just all of it.  Incredible.

frippy

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2013, 09:45:45 am »
Show was great and the commute to and from worked out nicely.  Thanks again everyone for the info.

chaz

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2013, 10:48:08 am »
Venue was very easy to get to and from coming from falls church.  Parking no prob, getting in and out no prob.

Not my first choice of places to see him but didn't really matter...my seats were middle orchestra and once it became the thing to do I just went up front and spent most of the show there.

I've seen Nick maybe 6 times now between Bad Seeds and Grinderman.  I was prepared to see a good show but I don't think I've ever seen him work that hard on stage.  Amazing set.  Probably the best I've seen from him.  My friend was seeing him for the first time, and was barely familiar with his music.  He was completely blown away.  From Her to Eternity was maybe the high point for me, but hard to say because the set was so fucking solid.

K8teebug

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2013, 10:50:36 am »
Where were you?  I was right next to the drunk girl in the center...