Author Topic: Best rock clubs in America list  (Read 32083 times)

hutch

Re: Best rock clubs in America list
« Reply #105 on: April 09, 2013, 11:28:15 am »
ok you two lovebirds get a room!

;)

showlistdc

• http://www.showlistdc.com
    • Comprehensive DC-area concert calendar
« Reply #106 on: April 09, 2013, 11:32:34 am »
If you are saying that my very existence on this board is spam, then you will never be happy.  Good luck to you, a(f)front.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #107 on: April 09, 2013, 11:36:12 am »
ShowlistDC,

Aren't you also considered one of the partners of the 9:30 club?  I know that various Blogs, etc having been getting shout outs from them of late and couldn't remember if you one of them.  I know you got tickets from them to give away, which in itself a nod.
T.Rex

showlistdc

• http://www.showlistdc.com
    • Comprehensive DC-area concert calendar
« Reply #108 on: April 09, 2013, 11:37:52 am »
ShowlistDC,

Aren't you also considered one of the partners of the 9:30 club?  I know that various Blogs, etc having been getting shout outs from them of late and couldn't remember if you one of them.  I know you got tickets from them to give away, which in itself a nod.
I do work with IMP to give give tickets away to shows, but I don't believe that I'm considered a "partner site" to the 9:30 club.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #109 on: April 09, 2013, 12:01:20 pm »
Cool!

Personally I think it's great ShowlistDC posts here and wish more of the promotional partners post here as well, but I have zero influence in that matter
T.Rex

atomicfront

« Reply #110 on: April 09, 2013, 01:04:18 pm »
Cool!

Personally I think it's great ShowlistDC posts here and wish more of the promotional partners post here as well, but I have zero influence in that matter

Yeah it would be swell if Brighest Young Things spammed the board as well everytime they "wrote' an article.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #111 on: April 09, 2013, 01:13:11 pm »
BYT use to post their ticket giveaways here, so what is your point.  A once a week post about a useful site getting updated is fine by me and most of the board.  Stop trolling...
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #112 on: April 09, 2013, 01:14:06 pm »
god i fuckin' so hate hearing about contests giving away tickets to concerts i want to see...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #113 on: April 09, 2013, 01:51:26 pm »
between showlistdc posting in her own thread about, you know, SHOWS; and a.front spreading his mental diarrhea over ever single thread... gee, i wonder which one is appreciated more.

atomicfront is like a kid sister whose only means of getting attention is to be annoying.
<sig>

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #114 on: April 09, 2013, 01:52:45 pm »
i dont hate black people.  or even dislike them.  my first girlfriend was black.  my first friend at the age of five was a black girl called wendy.  i have been fucked by plenty of black guys.  god they fuck so great, but you can come back from black.  i have never been scared of them but i know they just eat up the fact that so many white people are scared of them.  gay people wish that straight people were as equally scared of the queers.  the only problem i have with black people . . . is that i believe a great number of black people hate gay people.  i mean in your fucking face hate gay people.  more than most groups.  i have seen it countless times, live and in person.  the black person who finds it offensive to humans to be labeled a "n word" have no problem saying faggot every five minutes.  thats all.  i dont feel safe in cities, because they are cities.  whether it is la, boston, dc, richmond, raleigh, miami, ny or any city . . . i do not feel safe.  all white cities, all asian cities, all mexican cities, i do not feel safe.  i put up with it.  end of rant, which really wasnt a rant . . . because i didnt even get to say fuck off to anybody.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 01:54:47 pm by walkonby »

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #115 on: April 09, 2013, 02:50:55 pm »
cranky boardies today...

the area around the 930 is safe enough.. like anywhere you need to have some street smarts...and like anywhere anything could happen to you..but is it lilkely that anything other than people breaking into your car- if you leave stuff visible- will happen if you go to the 930? no way. it is not likely.

I think the murder rate for dc fell to under 100 people last year.... at its peak i think it was over 1000...

i wonder what those complaining about the safety around the 930 would have thought when it opened......back then it was unsafe....but things have changed....

I started going to WUST in 1985. 

I was there in 1974 at the first Suicide practices in a loft in New York City.
I was working on the organ sounds with much patience.
I was there when Captain Beefheart started up his first band.
I told him, "Don't do it that way. You'll never make a dime."
I was there.
I was the first guy playing Daft Punk to the rock kids.
I played it at CBGB's.
Everybody thought I was crazy.
We all know.
I was there.
I was there.
I've never been wrong.

I used to work in the record store.
I had everything before anyone.
I was there in the Paradise Garage DJ booth with Larry Levan.
I was there in Jamaica during the great sound clashes.
I woke up naked on the beach in Ibiza in 1988.
(o|o)

atomicfront

« Reply #116 on: April 09, 2013, 03:12:40 pm »
cranky boardies today...

the area around the 930 is safe enough.. like anywhere you need to have some street smarts...and like anywhere anything could happen to you..but is it lilkely that anything other than people breaking into your car- if you leave stuff visible- will happen if you go to the 930? no way. it is not likely.

I think the murder rate for dc fell to under 100 people last year.... at its peak i think it was over 1000...

i wonder what those complaining about the safety around the 930 would have thought when it opened......back then it was unsafe....but things have changed....

I started going to WUST in 1985. 

I was there in 1974 at the first Suicide practices in a loft in New York City.
I was working on the organ sounds with much patience.
I was there when Captain Beefheart started up his first band.
I told him, "Don't do it that way. You'll never make a dime."
I was there.
I was the first guy playing Daft Punk to the rock kids.
I played it at CBGB's.
Everybody thought I was crazy.
We all know.
I was there.
I was there.
I've never been wrong.

I used to work in the record store.
I had everything before anyone.
I was there in the Paradise Garage DJ booth with Larry Levan.
I was there in Jamaica during the great sound clashes.
I woke up naked on the beach in Ibiza in 1988.

I started to read this and thought: cool this guy saw Suicide at WUST in 1974.  Then I read the rest and typical useless replies in this thread. 

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #117 on: April 09, 2013, 03:21:00 pm »
at first i thought he was just quoting the lyrics of some cute murphy song . . . then i realized he was just accusing you of claiming to have done everything.  either way, im heading home early today.  yeah . . . i think i will blow kisses at passing motorists on the way.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #118 on: April 09, 2013, 03:31:56 pm »
as long as it kisses...  elected republican dude in Tennessee is accused of much worse...
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #119 on: April 09, 2013, 03:58:34 pm »
i dunno know if trust that James Murphy, dude claimed Daft Punk played at his house... if it's true his house must be pretty big to setup that pyramid in...

next thing you'll know he'll have formed a band

We're gonna be the band that writes the song That makes Israel and Palestine get along
We're gonna write a song as universal as Happy Birthday That makes sure everybody knows, everything is gonna be okay We're gonna take that song, we're gonna play it Eight weeks in a row on Top of the Pops
T.Rex