Author Topic: Nats are the champions!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 28514 times)

K8teebug

Re: Nats are the champions!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2013, 01:18:36 pm »
Yes you can, but nothing beats a beer at a ballgame.  You just don't need 5 of them there.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2013, 01:20:43 pm »
Don't know if they're doing it this year, but last year they had really cheap beer before the game started.  Thought that was cool.
If you go to the Miller Lite beer walk or whatever it is, the beers are $5 before first pitch.

Nats Park has a good selection of beer, but they're spread all over the place. Kind of a pain.

Before the first pitch is meaningless.  I can go to Pickles and get beer for 2 bucks before the first pitch at Camden Yards.
I'm talking about Nats Park, you dunce.

Here's a list of some of them. I saw an article the other day that had all of the ones in the park and where to find them.... If I can find it again I'll link...

http://dc.thedrinknation.com/articles/read/10350-Nats-Brew-Craft-Beer-Options-at-Nationals-Park
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2013, 01:31:31 pm »
That's pretty slim pickens considering you have a potential customer base of 40,000 people a night. Then again your typical baseball fan is probably a Bud Light or Sol drinker, right?

Don't know if they're doing it this year, but last year they had really cheap beer before the game started.  Thought that was cool.
If you go to the Miller Lite beer walk or whatever it is, the beers are $5 before first pitch.

Nats Park has a good selection of beer, but they're spread all over the place. Kind of a pain.

Before the first pitch is meaningless.  I can go to Pickles and get beer for 2 bucks before the first pitch at Camden Yards.

Here's a list of some of them. I saw an article the other day that had all of the ones in the park and where to find them.... If I can find it again I'll link...

http://dc.thedrinknation.com/articles/read/10350-Nats-Brew-Craft-Beer-Options-at-Nationals-Park

atomicfront

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2013, 02:06:20 pm »
Yes you can, but nothing beats a beer at a ballgame.  You just don't need 5 of them there.

I do enjoy 4 or 5 beers at the ball park.  I think 8 bucks for a quality beer at a game is more of a deal than going to some place like Frisco tap house and paying the same to try a beer that might not end up tasting all that good.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2013, 02:09:34 pm »
the markup on bud light is even more than RB.
<sig>

stevewizzle

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2013, 02:10:44 pm »
i enjoy a couple brews at most nats games i go to. $9 isn't great, but this is a city that average $6-$7 per draft, plus tip.  and seems like they are doing a good job with keeping the selection interesting - flying dog, brooklyn, sierra nevada, dfh, etc.

James Ford

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2013, 02:43:56 pm »
Sounds like you should do advance research on Beer Advocate. If you find something that's 95 or above, it's going to be good.

some place like Frisco tap house and paying the same to try a beer that might not end up tasting all that good.

atomicfront

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2013, 02:45:48 pm »
Sounds like you should do advance research on Beer Advocate. If you find something that's 95 or above, it's going to be good.

some place like Frisco tap house and paying the same to try a beer that might not end up tasting all that good.

I read that if a beer isn't a super hoppy IPA it will get bad reviews on Beer Advocate.

James Ford

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2013, 02:52:17 pm »
You've been misinformed.

http://beeradvocate.com/lists/top

Of the top 250 beers, only 67 are IPA's. So that's (at least) 183 non-IPA's that rate a 99 or above.

I read that if a beer isn't a super hoppy IPA it will get bad reviews on Beer Advocate.

K8teebug

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2013, 03:04:08 pm »

I do enjoy 4 or 5 beers at the ball park.  I think 8 bucks for a quality beer at a game is more of a deal than going to some place like Frisco tap house and paying the same to try a beer that might not end up tasting all that good.

Frisco Tap House lets you try the beer before you buy it.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2013, 03:05:25 pm »
That's pretty slim pickens considering you have a potential customer base of 40,000 people a night. Then again your typical baseball fan is probably a Bud Light or Sol drinker, right?

Blergh here's the original post I was reading with a couple more options:

http://www.dcbeer.com/news/home-run-double-strikeout-craft-beer-guide-nationals-stadium
‼‼?‼‼

atomicfront

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2013, 03:17:17 pm »
You've been misinformed.

http://beeradvocate.com/lists/top

Of the top 250 beers, only 67 are IPA's. So that's (at least) 183 non-IPA's that rate a 99 or above.

YOu don't think 67 out of 250 for one beer type isn't kind of weird.  By comparison they only have 2 Pilsners.  No Marzens.  They have a ton of Imperial Stouts. I think you have to find out what you like by tasting it.  I just saw some discussion on there about how they have a friend who usually has good taste in beer but thinks Guiness is the best stout.  And then you have a ton of replies saying how bad Guiness tastes.   Typical pretenious stuff it is kind of pathetic really.

Well Guiness is by far my favorite stout.  Most Stouts are god-awful.   

atomicfront

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2013, 03:18:48 pm »

Oh I didn't know that.  I don't really like that place as they don't have a beer menu.  I don't like to get on my phone at a bar and have to load all that stuff.  Just print up a beer menu.  I will say the people that work there are friendly.

K8teebug

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2013, 03:21:35 pm »

Oh I didn't know that.  I don't really like that place as they don't have a beer menu.  I don't like to get on my phone at a bar and have to load all that stuff.  Just print up a beer menu.  I will say the people that work there are friendly.

They don't have a paper beer menu because it changes so often.  It's printed for you at the bar.  Not a big deal to walk up there and check it out.  And if you're too lazy for that, the servers will always make a good suggestion. 

atomicfront

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2013, 03:25:30 pm »

They don't have a paper beer menu because it changes so often.  It's printed for you at the bar.  Not a big deal to walk up there and check it out.  And if you're too lazy for that, the servers will always make a good suggestion. 

I am not too lazy. Other places can print it out.  Max's prints them out.  I don't feel like going up to the bar when they could just print it out.  Anyway I hate Columbia.