Author Topic: Nats are the champions!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 28278 times)

K8teebug

Re: Nats are the champions!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 03:38:43 pm »
Don't know if they're doing it this year, but last year they had really cheap beer before the game started.  Thought that was cool.

Relaxer

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 03:43:45 pm »
Ten bucks says Dan Snyder is reading this article very carefully.
oword

atomicfront

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 03:45:22 pm »
I don't know why the Orioles aren't on that list.  I think the cheapest beer is 8 bucks.  They might have bigger sized beer though.   I drank Leffe Blonde the other game and they were 8 bucks for a small draft.

K8teebug

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 03:50:36 pm »
8 bucks for a stella can which is one and a half beers.

But, I try to avoid the beers at Camden Yards.  They are very expensive!

K8teebug

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 03:51:37 pm »
And their drafts are 16 ounces.  Looks like most of these are the same price for 12.

atomicfront

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 03:59:28 pm »
And their drafts are 16 ounces.  Looks like most of these are the same price for 12.

I think Camden Yards has a decent selection.  I did drink a 24 oz can of bud light for 8 bucks because I was in the middle of a row on Sunday and didn't want to disturb everyone again so I could get a decent beer.  They have Hoegarden,  Lefffe, Stella, Flying Dog, Guiness, Smithicks, Harp, Goose Island, Fordham, Heavy Seas.  I think they might have Magic Hat but I am not sure.

Compare that to the cubs were you get some nonsense called Old Style and only Old Style. 

James Ford

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 04:12:53 pm »
Can't wait for Bluejacket to open. Going to my first game of the season tomorrow night, think they have half price drafts at Belga Cafe. No need to buy a beer at the park.

James Ford

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2013, 07:45:29 pm »
Don't know about the prices, but seems like Philly is the winner for bottle options.

http://chocolatecoveredmemories.com/Phillies-Beer-Spreadsheet.pdf

Seems strange that they'd let them have cretinous Phillies fans have access to glass bottles.

vansmack

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2013, 07:56:55 pm »
I don't know why the Orioles aren't on that list.  I think the cheapest beer is 8 bucks.  They might have bigger sized beer though.  

Incorrect.  Baltimore has a $6.75 16 oz. beer somewhere in the park.  The difficulty can be finding it.

Anaheim has a $4.50 beer 16 oz. beer, and I know exactly where it is.  Even then, Arte Moreno has made $5 beer available all over the stadium. 

http://www.fancostexperience.com/pages/fcx/blog_pdfs/entry0000021_pdf003.pdf
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 07:58:32 pm by vansmack »
27>34

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 09:38:14 am »
Don't know if they're doing it this year, but last year they had really cheap beer before the game started.  Thought that was cool.
If you go to the Miller Lite beer walk or whatever it is, the beers are $5 before first pitch.

Nats Park has a good selection of beer, but they're spread all over the place. Kind of a pain.
‼‼?‼‼

atomicfront

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2013, 09:57:57 am »
If you go to the Miller Lite beer walk or whatever it is, the beers are $5 before first pitch.

Nats Park has a good selection of beer, but they're spread all over the place. Kind of a pain.

Before the first pitch is meaningless.  I can go to Pickles and get beer for 2 bucks before the first pitch at Camden Yards.

K8teebug

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2013, 10:23:47 am »

Before the first pitch is meaningless.  I can go to Pickles and get beer for 2 bucks before the first pitch at Camden Yards.

Yes, at Camden Yards.  We didn't know where to go before the Nationals Game, and wanted to walk around the stadium, so it was nice that the Nats had those cheap prices (and Miller High Life!)

Pickles is my favorite pre-drink place before the Orioles...

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2013, 11:04:18 am »

I disagree.

Only hoppy options I've seen are Raging Bitch bottles ($9) and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale drafts, both of which are tough to find.
(o|o)

James Ford

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2013, 01:17:26 pm »
I agree with your disagreement.

They had Dogfish Indian Brown and maybe Dogfish 60 in the Red Porch area last year. Are they not available this year?

And wow, you can get a six pack of Raging Bitch for less than $9 at Total Wine. I guess the alcoholics who need a beer at a ballgame are the ones who will help pay Dan Haren's salary.

I disagree.

Only hoppy options I've seen are Raging Bitch bottles ($9) and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale drafts, both of which are tough to find.