Author Topic: The Band Reincarnation Thread  (Read 11663 times)

K8teebug

Re: The Band Reincarnation Thread
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2013, 08:49:11 am »
Are you saying you want them to regroup or that they have? Because they have.

Medicine
I heard rumblings of a Slint reunion last year. Wonder where that is.

Slint reunion would be great. 

killsaly

« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2013, 01:15:16 pm »
Are you saying you want them to regroup or that they have? Because they have.
No, that they have already reformed and are releasing an album. 

atomicfront

« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2013, 01:36:27 pm »
Bronski Beat reunion with Jimmy Sommerville would be cool.

azaghal1981

« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2013, 12:10:39 pm »
no

are you sure?

Checked out information about the live Spaceman 3 album.  Evidently it was just backing music for an art exhbit premiere.  So that is why they just play the same note over and over again for 45 minutes.  I question the sanity of anyone who listens to it more than once.
Here, you will love this.
احمد

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2013, 12:25:48 pm »
no

are you sure?

Checked out information about the live Spaceman 3 album.  Evidently it was just backing music for an art exhbit premiere.  So that is why they just play the same note over and over again for 45 minutes.  I question the sanity of anyone who listens to it more than once.
Only a genius would love this.

killsaly

« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2013, 12:34:20 pm »
I have slowly started going through their catalog.  More bands need to do this (streaming on Bandcamp with less than 10 dollar digital downloads) with their back catalogs. 

azaghal1981

« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2013, 12:36:24 pm »
no

are you sure?

Only a genius would love this.

As cliche as this sounds, seeing them live gave me a new found respect for them. Thought they were little more than a novelty act prior but the amount of control they have over that gear and what they are able to do with it floored me almost literally. Still say 90 minutes was too long, however even if that is part of the idea.
احمد

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2013, 12:57:03 pm »
Their catalog is a lot to get through.  I don't have anything by them, most of what i've listened to has been in passing.  Recommend a few choices to start with please?

azaghal1981

« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2013, 01:54:39 pm »
Monoliths and Dimensions is great.
احمد

azaghal1981

« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2013, 09:32:45 pm »
Snapper are playing shows again! Would travel pretty far if they played anywhere in the US but am not getting my hopes too high. They basically picked up where Spacemen 3 left off.
احمد

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2013, 03:40:04 am »
Kitchens Of Distinction.... but forget the 'Hey Seth's.

From Stephen Hero:
"Spent the weekend with Julian going through the songs for a last time. And yesterday we finished. 10 songs recorded by us, mixed with Pascal Gabriel, and featuring a mix of sounds that should satisfy some of those Kitchens aficionados.

Jules thinks it sounds nothing like old Kitchens, but like a new version sucked through time and space. Dan said he thought it would fit neatly between Death of Cool and Cowboys. Me? Well it certainly sounds like nothing I?ve recorded these past stephenhero years, so I?m glad as I wanted a change. It?s definitely a hark back to the sonic noise of KOD, but the lyrics are wiser, and the songs less fraught. But don?t get me wrong, they are no less intense.

This is a thorough emotional rinsing lasting 42 of your earth minutes.

Next ? mastering, artwork, formats. And yes, there will be 180g vinyl before you ask.

But NO live shows featuring all 3 of us. Do you hear? That?s a NO to those sitting in the back."
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 03:44:56 am by Jaguar »

Jaguar

« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2013, 04:22:35 pm »
Not a band but fits in here none the less.

Alan McGee is starting up his new label, 359 Music, in conjuction with Cherry Red. Won't be jumping for joy yet until I find out if they are using compressed MP3 files or not as Cherry Red has been caught doing of late.

Alan: "My vision for 359 Music is a launch pad for new talent and some ignored older talent. We intend to release on average a dozen new bands per year..."

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2013, 04:42:45 pm »
Cherry Red is releasing physical product, they just put out Bonehead's (from Oasis) new group Parlour Flames.  I believe one of McGee's first releases will be by Gun Club Cemetery whose stuff I have heard so far is impressive.
T.Rex

Jaguar

« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2013, 04:55:44 pm »
Kosmo, yes they do but they've been caught using compressed MP3 files to disc instead of master recordings. Chapterhouse's reissue of 'Whirlpool' is just one example. NEVER buy the reissue as it is an inferior compressed MP3 to disc product. The band were really pissed off about this when they found out. They did it to a few other collections but I can't remember off-hand which ones.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2013, 07:13:39 pm »
Gotcha, I thought Cherry Red had become a digital file only outlet... And yes not trying not to acquire the original master tapes for a re-issue is pretty poor.
T.Rex