Author Topic: atomicfront's Thread of Contrarianism?  (Read 126873 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: atomicfront's Thread of Contrarianism?
« Reply #105 on: June 20, 2013, 10:21:43 am »
You do realize that the Oscars, Golden Globes, and Grammy's are picked by industry people and not critics, right?

I know you guys are going to bash me for bringing this up, but the Hangover was even CRITICALLY acclaimed.

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/the-hangover 

I only drop that fact because "big hit of the summer" movies typically are bashed by critics.

So this movie was seen (and loved?) by the masses, AND liked the critics.

Except for DFA, who thinks it's the worst fuggin movie ever.

OMG CRITICS LOVED IT

Then we turn around and bash the Grammy's and the Academy Awards and Golden Globes?

Sit down. If Pitchfork said The Hangover ruled everyone on here would turn around and say it was flaming shit.

IF you don't thing that movie sucked an insane amount then that is TOTALLY fine. My opinion is mine, yours is yours, I'll think less of you for it, but at the end of the day who cares what I think. Luckily, this is a discussion forum where I can pan whoever likes The Hangover.

That movie fucking SUCKED. FUCKING. SUCKED. I can sit on here and talk all day about how much it sucked and it still won't do any justice to the level of suckitude that movie emitted.

Fuck me. That movie really, really, really fucking sucked. It sucked so hard. It's like they wrote a bunch of bro slogans for cheap beach screen print shirts and made people say them on a movie just so they could pump out stupid fucking shit for stupid fucking people to buy.

That. Movie. Sucked. So. Fucking. Hard. I will go on. I think it's a shame how many people liked that piece of stinky shit movie.
I do know that, my point is generally movies nominated are 'critically acclaimed', when was the last time an academy award nominated film was notoriously panned by the critics?

@Tommy Front - I saw This Is The End last night as well! Thought it was funnier, but it was the least funny of the Seth Rogen/Evan Goldberg movies so far.

As much as I loved LOVED Danny McBride in Pineapple Express, I have found him so fucking annoying since the end of season 1 of Eastbound And Down. He just seems to be a foul mouth who thinks cussing and talking about his dick is funny. His intro into that movie was awesome, but then he just was another dickhead character played by McBride...who was himself... Your Highness was also fucking terrible. I thought it was funny in This Is The End where one of them asked him never to make a sequel to that lol.
‼‼?‼‼

atomicfront

« Reply #106 on: June 20, 2013, 10:21:50 am »
Also people have different opinions for various reasons. It seems to be me hipsters are hipsters for a reason.  The guys usually have poor facial features and lack muscles.  The females seem to universally lack boobs.  So they become hipsters to be noticed and have weird opinions to seem different than others so they can feel better about themselves.  

I feel you guys have bad taste but there are a million reasons for this.

* Maybe you aren't very smart. I scored 99 percentile on all the standardized tests through high school.  Took SAT in 7th grade.

* Maybe you guys aren't very worldly.  I have lived in Germany, England, Alaska, and Kentucky so I have more experience with the world than you.  I love to travel and by August comes in the prior year I will have been to Portugal, Spain, Iceland, Germany, Austria, San Antonio, Tx and Newport, RI

* Maybe your ethnic background is different.  As a tall blonde with obvious nordic features I am sure I different genes  from most of you.  It appears that people from eastern europe tend to enjoy harder rock than say people from Sweden.    

* You might not have musical knowledge ... I have taken several music theory classes in college.

* More musical experiences.  I started going to underground shows over 30 years ago.  

* Beer choices.  Have been drinking good beer since I was 6.  Lived in Germany and had good beer delivered to the house which I tasted from time to time.

* Maybe you aren't around artsy people.  My wife graduated from MICA and she loves the Lumineers.  Her friends have all been shown at the BMA and have won artistic awards and their tastes are more similar to mine than yours.  

* Maybe you are really short and music sounds different down there.  

* Maybe your views on life are clouded by your appearance.  I have been hit on by thousands of girls and probably hundreds of guys in my life.  Maybe your lack of appeal has made you bitter.

* Maybe you have spent your entire life around guys.  I have a bunch of sisters and no brother.    Maybe you are too american first to enjoy the beautiful music out there.  Maybe you have a pick-up truck with balls on it.

The point is everyone is different.  The Lumineers and of Monsters and Mens crowds that I attended at Tower Theater and DAR were mostly made up of attractive and well-dressed people in their 20's.  Maybe you are not that type of person.  Maybe RAP is more your style and you go to Pitbull and Lil Wayne shows.  I don't know.  Who am I to judge.

atomicfront

« Reply #107 on: June 20, 2013, 10:24:00 am »

Michael Cera was the funniest character in that movie. Too bad he didn't have a longer part.  Yeah Danny McBride is awful and I could only get through 3 episodes of Eastbound and Down before I gave up.  This is the End was better than Pineapple Express by a big margin. 

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #108 on: June 20, 2013, 10:25:47 am »
You're such a dingus. I thought The Hangover was for shit.

I still think Forrest Gump is amazing and Shawshank Redemption highly regarded as one of the best films OF ALL TIME and I totally fucking agree, that movie is amazing.

Just because I didn't like that spewing ass fart of a shitfest that was The Hangover doesn't mean I don't like "popular" movies.

You sure do jump to a lot of conclusions. I can do that too. A lot of people followed Hitler and the Nazi's, did that make them the most popular people ever? Fuck no.

HITLER, MAN. LUMINEERS = HITLER
‼‼?‼‼

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #109 on: June 20, 2013, 10:27:04 am »

Michael Cera was the funniest character in that movie. Too bad he didn't have a longer part.  Yeah Danny McBride is awful and I could only get through 3 episodes of Eastbound and Down before I gave up.  This is the End was better than Pineapple Express by a big margin. 
Cera was hilarious, I was also bummed he died, but he played his part well. Eastbound season 1 was great, everything else was cuss words and dick jokes.

Pineapple Express > Superbad > This Is The End <- my opinion. NOT taking anything away from TITE, very funny, I wanted more though. Still worth a watch!
‼‼?‼‼

Yada

« Reply #110 on: June 20, 2013, 10:29:07 am »
Also people have different opinions for various reasons. It seems to be me hipsters are hipsters for a reason.  The guys usually have poor facial features and lack muscles.  The females seem to universally lack boobs.  So they become hipsters to be noticed and have weird opinions to seem different than others so they can feel better about themselves.  

* Maybe you aren't very smart. I scored 99 percentile on all the standardized tests through high school.  Took SAT in 7th grade.

* Maybe you guys aren't very worldly.  I have lived in Germany, England, Alaska, and Kentucky so I have more experience with the world than you.  I love to travel and by August comes in the prior year I will have been to Portugal, Spain, Iceland, Germany, Austria, San Antonio, Tx and Newport, RI

* Maybe your ethnic background is different.  As a tall blonde with obvious nordic features I am sure I different genes  from most of you.  It appears that people from eastern europe tend to enjoy harder rock than say people from Sweden.    

* You might not have musical knowledge ... I have taken several music theory classes in college.

* More musical experiences.  I started going to underground shows over 30 years ago.  

* Beer choices.  Have been drinking good beer since I was 6.  Lived in Germany and had good beer delivered to the house which I tasted from time to time.

* Maybe you aren't around artsy people.  My wife graduated from MICA and she loves the Lumineers.  Her friends have all been shown at the BMA and have won artistic awards and their tastes are more similar to mine than yours.  

* Maybe your views on life are clouded by your appearance.  I have been hit on by thousands of girls and probably hundreds of guys in my life.  Maybe your lack of appeal has made you bitter.

* Maybe you have spent your entire life around guys.  I have a bunch of sisters and no brother.    Maybe you are too american first to enjoy the beautiful music out there.  Maybe you have a pick-up truck with balls on it.

The point is everyone is different.  The Lumineers and of Monsters and Mens crowds that I attended at Tower Theater and DAR were mostly made up of attractive and well-dressed people in their 20's.  Maybe you are not that type of person.  Maybe RAP is more your style and you go to Pitbull and Lil Wayne shows.  I don't know.  Who am I to judge.

LOL

atomicfront

« Reply #111 on: June 20, 2013, 10:36:49 am »
You're such a dingus. I thought The Hangover was for shit.

I still think Forrest Gump is amazing and Shawshank Redemption highly regarded as one of the best films OF ALL TIME and I totally fucking agree, that movie is amazing.

Just because I didn't like that spewing ass fart of a shitfest that was The Hangover doesn't mean I don't like "popular" movies.

You sure do jump to a lot of conclusions. I can do that too. A lot of people followed Hitler and the Nazi's, did that make them the most popular people ever? Fuck no.

HITLER, MAN. LUMINEERS = HITLER

Hitler was not that popular in Germany.  He took over by force.  My mom grew up in Nazi Germany.  I am guessing I know more about Hitler than you.  And Shawshank Redemption is way overrated.  I read the book and it wasn't even as good as the book which is not saying much if you knew who wrote it.  I would say Shawshank Redemption is Ok and worth a watch if you have nothing else to watch.  Certainly nowhere as good as it is rated.

My favorite comedy of all time is Amelie.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #112 on: June 20, 2013, 10:46:54 am »
is this atomicfront?

I am Curry. A slim and handsome race car driver. Here are some FAST and BASIC facts about me!!!

Name: Curry.
Hair: Terracotta blonde.
Height: 6' 1"
Sign: Sagittarius.
Sex: Yes!

I live my life as I want to live it, 100%!!! Here are five (5) things that I think contribute to my happiness at the moment:

1) I do what I want.
2) I've got an attractive body and haircut.
3) I understand psychology on different levels.
4) I am tender.
5) I am only emotionally attached to myself.

MY PERSONALITY
Bold, handsome, confident, and good-looking are the words that immediately come to my mind when I try to describe my personality. On second thought, other words that come up are gorgeous, sexy, and brave. You might think I am being unrealistic, but there are no real negatives that occur in my mind immediately. If you want me to say something negative about my personality, I'll have to think very, very much (which is positive).

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #113 on: June 20, 2013, 10:50:52 am »

ok, now i'm back on the "atomicfront is julian train".

and bitch, i've lived, worked and traveled to over 40 countries.  don't you go swinging no geographic dick around me.  "ohhh, i've been to germany... and kentucky!!!"

but please do keep talking.  you've both the source of a good laugh and of your own demise/marginalization.
<sig>

atomicfront

« Reply #114 on: June 20, 2013, 10:58:18 am »

Cera was hilarious, I was also bummed he died, but he played his part well. Eastbound season 1 was great, everything else was cuss words and dick jokes.

Pineapple Express > Superbad > This Is The End <- my opinion. NOT taking anything away from TITE, very funny, I wanted more though. Still worth a watch!

Superbad > This is the End > Pineapple Express.

I do see that the general direction of shows these days goes to gross and unwatchable.  Like Workaholics.  Funny first season...just gross and unwatchable now.  The Inbetweeners (UK version) funny first season, pretty gross last season.  

atomicfront

« Reply #115 on: June 20, 2013, 11:01:13 am »
ok, now i'm back on the "atomicfront is julian train".

and bitch, i've lived, worked and traveled to over 40 countries.  don't you go swinging no geographic dick around me.  "ohhh, i've been to germany... and kentucky!!!"

but please do keep talking.  you've both the source of a good laugh and of your own demise/marginalization.

First of all this meant as a joke and second of all it wasn't written about you.  The world doesn't revolve around you.  And third I didn't say I had been to Germany and Kentucky I said I lived there.  Big difference. 

atomicfront

« Reply #116 on: June 20, 2013, 11:03:28 am »
is this atomicfront?

I am Curry. A slim and handsome race car driver. Here are some FAST and BASIC facts about me!!!

Name: Curry.
Hair: Terracotta blonde.
Height: 6' 1"
Sign: Sagittarius.
Sex: Yes!

I live my life as I want to live it, 100%!!! Here are five (5) things that I think contribute to my happiness at the moment:

1) I do what I want.
2) I've got an attractive body and haircut.
3) I understand psychology on different levels.
4) I am tender.
5) I am only emotionally attached to myself.

MY PERSONALITY
Bold, handsome, confident, and good-looking are the words that immediately come to my mind when I try to describe my personality. On second thought, other words that come up are gorgeous, sexy, and brave. You might think I am being unrealistic, but there are no real negatives that occur in my mind immediately. If you want me to say something negative about my personality, I'll have to think very, very much (which is positive).

Not a Sagittarius and not a terracotta blonde.  Just plain boring blonde. 

James Ford

« Reply #117 on: June 20, 2013, 11:55:47 am »
* Maybe you guys aren't very worldly.  I have lived in Germany, England, Alaska, and Kentucky so I have more experience with the world than you.  I love to travel and by August comes in the prior year I will have been to Portugal, Spain, Iceland, Germany, Austria, San Antonio, Tx and Newport, RI

Uh yeah, Alaska and Kentucky. Two real bastions of culture. And for all we know, you lived in the Kentucky and Alaska equivalents of Germany and England.

atomicfront

« Reply #118 on: June 20, 2013, 11:59:53 am »
* Maybe you guys aren't very worldly.  I have lived in Germany, England, Alaska, and Kentucky so I have more experience with the world than you.  I love to travel and by August comes in the prior year I will have been to Portugal, Spain, Iceland, Germany, Austria, San Antonio, Tx and Newport, RI

Uh yeah, Alaska and Kentucky. Two real bastions of culture. And for all we know, you lived in the Kentucky and Alaska equivalents of Germany and England.

I lived in Kentucky as 4 year old so I heard all the classic country music as a small child.    Are there Kentucky and Alaska equivilants in Germany and England?  If so I would like to visit them.

James Ford

« Reply #119 on: June 20, 2013, 12:00:32 pm »
I do know that, my point is generally movies nominated are 'critically acclaimed', when was the last time an academy award nominated film was notoriously panned by the critics?

Extremely Close and Incredibly Loud and the Blind Side are two critically panned movies that drew nominations. Plenty of others.

Whereas critically lauded films like DRIVE typically aren't nominated.

Anyway, never mind. i'm enjoying Atomic's posts too much to argue with you about movie politics.

You do realize that the Oscars, Golden Globes, and Grammy's are picked by industry people and not critics, right?

I know you guys are going to bash me for bringing this up, but the Hangover was even CRITICALLY acclaimed.

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/the-hangover 

I only drop that fact because "big hit of the summer" movies typically are bashed by critics.

So this movie was seen (and loved?) by the masses, AND liked the critics.

Except for DFA, who thinks it's the worst fuggin movie ever.

OMG CRITICS LOVED IT

Then we turn around and bash the Grammy's and the Academy Awards and Golden Globes?

Sit down. If Pitchfork said The Hangover ruled everyone on here would turn around and say it was flaming shit.

IF you don't thing that movie sucked an insane amount then that is TOTALLY fine. My opinion is mine, yours is yours, I'll think less of you for it, but at the end of the day who cares what I think. Luckily, this is a discussion forum where I can pan whoever likes The Hangover.

That movie fucking SUCKED. FUCKING. SUCKED. I can sit on here and talk all day about how much it sucked and it still won't do any justice to the level of suckitude that movie emitted.

Fuck me. That movie really, really, really fucking sucked. It sucked so hard. It's like they wrote a bunch of bro slogans for cheap beach screen print shirts and made people say them on a movie just so they could pump out stupid fucking shit for stupid fucking people to buy.

That. Movie. Sucked. So. Fucking. Hard. I will go on. I think it's a shame how many people liked that piece of stinky shit movie.

@Tommy Front - I saw This Is The End last night as well! Thought it was funnier, but it was the least funny of the Seth Rogen/Evan Goldberg movies so far.

As much as I loved LOVED Danny McBride in Pineapple Express, I have found him so fucking annoying since the end of season 1 of Eastbound And Down. He just seems to be a foul mouth who thinks cussing and talking about his dick is funny. His intro into that movie was awesome, but then he just was another dickhead character played by McBride...who was himself... Your Highness was also fucking terrible. I thought it was funny in This Is The End where one of them asked him never to make a sequel to that lol.