Author Topic: IMP to Operate Lincoln Theatre  (Read 26893 times)

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
Re: IMP to Operate Lincoln Theatre
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2013, 07:19:14 pm »
well...

I go out for the day and look what I come home to...excellent!!!

there will be cool shows that come along that will have an obvious sensibility to play the Lincoln, given the history...and it will be fun to do those

but, no, I don't think I owe anything to the "community" other than to do a good job, and book shows people want to see, and have them feel proud about having such a cool venue don the street

I mean, I like contributing to the community of DC overall and being a positive part of peoples' lives...I like feeling like I made a difference...I love hearing people say what a great time they had at my venues

I can really only book what's available and out there touring at a given time...these bands are not in a catalog somewhere...it's really just a coincidence that the first bunch are of this perceived type...it was not a calculated target statement, but I have to say it's pretty silly this whole idea of who I "should" book for some reason other than selling tickets

wml7

« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2013, 07:33:55 pm »
Can you book the rolling stones with paul maccartney opening at the lincoln? Thanks.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2013, 07:56:50 pm »
did not both of those bands steal their entire sound from black musicians? ok, maybe just the stones, so no, wml7.  no.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2013, 08:18:17 pm »
How about we start a little more modestly like

Lee Fields / Lady
Emile Sande
Lianne La Havas
Menahan Street Band
Micheal Kiwanuka
Solange

but save the return of Sharon Jones for the club :)
T.Rex

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2013, 08:24:53 pm »
i request one band . . . and yes, seth, this is at you.  i request beck, because when beck played the lincoln last time, i found myself unanble to put into words what i had experienced as i walked from my seat to the doors outside.  one of few best shows.

azaghal1981

« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2013, 08:52:25 pm »
The best thing about this thread is the way Walkies uses commas.
احمد

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2013, 09:00:47 pm »
i hope, you, are not making fun of my commas.

slappy

« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2013, 11:55:29 am »
i request one band . . . and yes, seth, this is at you.  i request beck, because when beck played the lincoln last time, i found myself unanble to put into words what i had experienced as i walked from my seat to the doors outside.  one of few best shows.
That Beck show would go into my Top 10 list.

hutch

« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2013, 12:12:09 pm »
 I saw him at the 930 in the 90s and he was not a good performer at all..maybe things changed...

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2013, 12:13:13 pm »
i saw him at wolftrap too.  killer.  and at patriot center.  on target there as well.  beck does not let you down. 

hutch

« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2013, 12:28:33 pm »
i saw him at wolftrap too.  killer.  and at patriot center.  on target there as well.  beck does not let you down. 

i think you mean "beck does not let me down"...

his show at 930 was mediocre... anyways he hasn't written a good song in over a decade

the scientology thing really got to him...and fucked him up good.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2013, 12:36:38 pm »
no, i think . . . always having to be creative and making sure you never do anyting twice, got to him.

hutch

« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2013, 12:39:35 pm »
no, i think . . . always having to be creative and making sure you never do anyting twice, got to him.

is that why he records cover albums now?

hutch

« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2013, 12:41:43 pm »
by the way i never understand this baloney about creativity..

i'm listening to the hellacopters doing the best thin lizzy album you never heard (high visibility)..soo so good..a  wonderful 70s classic rock record.. all new songs.. so what if its in the style of the 70s classic rock? its a good style..

people always say ac dc plays the same song/album over and over.. so what? its a good frickin' song.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2013, 12:50:04 pm »

people always say ac dc plays the same song/album over and over.. so what? its a good frickin' song.
ditto on the ramones
ditto on motorhead
and all 3 are untouchable, on the mt rushmore of rock