Author Topic: Since the gun ban has been reversed...  (Read 124192 times)

vansmack

Re: Since the gun ban has been reversed...
« Reply #150 on: September 12, 2008, 03:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by walkonby:
 most people do go down after one of those; down with their face to the toilet.
I'm bold.  I eat two.
27>34

nkotb

« Reply #151 on: September 12, 2008, 03:45:00 pm »
Now you're just being absurd.  Everyone knows their internal organs don't function, beyond the brain and basic muscular control.  How on earth would they get an upset stomach???

Originally posted by sweetcell:

Originally posted by vansmack:
 and if I'm going to go down, I'm going down after a cheesey double beef burrito.
excellent idea, that way the zombies will get indigestion too.  take that, flesh-eaters!!! [/b]

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #152 on: January 29, 2009, 04:27:33 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:

WHEN WAS THIS PHOTO TAKEN AND WHERE?

Many will take this as a light-hearted Internet "joke" and foolishly, they will not heed what is CLEARLY a first warning.

I'm going to start running over people in my car in hopes that the undead are among my victims.

RELAXER - they're at it again:

Construction signs warn of zombies
Hackers change public safety message

AUSTIN (KXAN) - Austin drivers making their morning commute were in for a surprise when two road signs on a busy stretch of road were taken over by hackers. The signs near the intersection of Lamar and Martin Luther King boulevards usually warn drivers about upcoming construction, but Monday morning they warned of  "zombies ahead."

"I thought it was pretty funny," said University of Texas sophomore Jane Shin, who saw the signs while driving down Lamar Bouelvard with friends Sunday night. "We wondered who did it."

The City of Austin does not own the signs, but they are responsible for the message. The contractor on the construction project owns the signs. A city spokesperson said the hacked messages were only up for a few hours, until the construction project manager saw them during his morning commute and immediately ordered them to be changed back.

"Even though this may seem amusing to a lot of people, this is really serious, and it is a crime," said Austin Public Works spokesperson Sara Hartley. "And you can be indicted for it, and we want to make sure our traffic on the roadways stays safe."

Hartley said though it was a locked sign, the padlock for it was cut. Signs such as these have a computer inside that is password-protected.

"And so they had to break in and hack into the computer to do it, so they were pretty determined," said Hartley.

This crime is a class C misdemeanor in Texas, and Hartley said it endangers the public.

"The big problem is public safety," said Hartley. "Those signs are out there to help our traffic on the roadway to stay safe and to know what's coming up."

KXAN Austin News cameras caught many drivers slowing down to read the signs as they approached. Some read, "Zombies ahead! Run for your lives!"

Hartley said the city will discuss more secure safety measures with the manufacturer of the signs.

it's insidious how the authorities dismiss this as a hacker's prank, and think the security issue here is traffic safety.

predictably enough, the attack is starting from the south. given my limited exposure to texas i'd say that's the logical place for them to start.  they've got a huge leg up there - not sure people would even notice them at first.

<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #153 on: January 29, 2009, 04:35:52 pm »
<sig>

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #154 on: January 29, 2009, 04:41:49 pm »
anyone else been obsessed with the NAZI ZOMBIES level in Call of Duty: World at War?

it's fucking scary.  honestly.
(o|o)

vansmack

« Reply #155 on: January 29, 2009, 04:44:59 pm »
anyone else been obsessed with the NAZI ZOMBIES level in Call of Duty: World at War?

Yes! And of course I got there late at night after staying up all night to beat the game.

But, it got Venerable and me thinking - why doesn't this board have a Left 4 Dead game night?
27>34

nkotb

« Reply #156 on: January 29, 2009, 04:46:46 pm »
Never played that (or Left 4 Dead), but I've been dicking around with the new Resident Evil game for the Wii.  There have been several times I've yelped outloud.  I generally hate the non-zombie bosses, but good god do I freak out when zombies start attacking.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #157 on: January 29, 2009, 04:51:53 pm »

i just unlocked it the other day. . .
OU812

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #158 on: January 29, 2009, 04:57:52 pm »
But, it got Venerable and me thinking - why doesn't this board have a Left 4 Dead game night?

oooh!  oooh!  me! me!

haven't played it enough yet, but i really should.  we need to make monkey buy it.

Relaxer

« Reply #159 on: January 29, 2009, 05:03:34 pm »
If a Left4Dead group got going, I might just get off my duff and dust off the 360, figure out how to hook it up to the Internet, go out and but L4D and... jesus I'm exhausted already, fuck this.

But for real, I'm still on the search for a great zombie game. The RE series leaves me cold for some reason, I don't play online (so L4D is out), I'm burned out on WWII games (so W@W is out), and I've heard Dead Rising isn't very good.

How else can I prepare for the forthcoming onslaught of homicidal walking corpses, waging total war on all mankind through their ravenous hunger for living human flesh, to take from us the one thing -- the spark of life, the climax of creation and evolution of consciousness -- they can never again possess? Do I have to get a PS3 or something?
oword

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #160 on: January 29, 2009, 05:05:46 pm »
Yes! And of course I got there late at night after staying up all night to beat the game.

I'm honestly scared shitless while I play Nazi Zombies, it's so stressful.

Isn't COD5 a great game?  Love the flame-throwers and the plane level.  Only annoying part was trying to get into the Reichstag, it took me at least 30 minutes to figure out I had to kill the snipers.
(o|o)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #161 on: January 29, 2009, 05:08:14 pm »
How else can I prepare for the forthcoming onslaught of homicidal walking corpses, waging total war on all mankind through their ravenous hunger for living human flesh, to take from us the one thing -- the spark of life, the climax of creation and evolution of consciousness -- they can never again possess? Do I have to get a PS3 or something?

push-ups, archery lessons
(o|o)

Relaxer

« Reply #162 on: January 29, 2009, 05:21:58 pm »
Archery has its place and elfen blond charm, but one can only reuse an arrow a few times before the quality degrades to the point of uselessness. Plus, try engaging in close combat with a bow and arrow! Snicker snicker. You'll be all a-quiver!

Seriously though, best to leave the fighting to the professionals and concentrate on flight. Remember the golden rule: get up that staircase, then destroy it!
oword

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #163 on: January 29, 2009, 05:29:48 pm »
i love how we can rally around our common concern about zombies.  nothing brings humans together like a powerful common enemy (just ask W)... until the going gets tough, and then we start feeding each other to said enemy in hopes of gaining a few more seconds during which to escape.  sorry about that, buddy!
<sig>

Relaxer

« Reply #164 on: January 29, 2009, 05:41:09 pm »
That's a good point but hardly surprising. Hell, I'd happily blow up a schoolbus if it meant I'd get better cellphone reception.
oword