Author Topic: Since the gun ban has been reversed...  (Read 124110 times)

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground

Relaxer

Re: Since the gun ban has been reversed...
« Reply #226 on: October 26, 2010, 04:50:20 pm »
Are you sure those aren't just a bunch of thrift-store, bed-head, blase-bleeding hipsters?
oword

Relaxer

« Reply #227 on: October 26, 2010, 04:53:16 pm »
I'm pretty sure that bottom picture is just a photo of TV on the Radio going to get some coffee.
oword

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #228 on: October 26, 2010, 05:30:49 pm »
I'm pretty sure that bottom picture is just a photo of TV on the Radio going to get some coffee.

lol
(o|o)

Jaguar

« Reply #229 on: October 26, 2010, 06:58:55 pm »
Are you sure those aren't just a bunch of thrift-store, bed-head, blase-bleeding hipsters?

... with suicidal tendencies.

Or maybe they escaped from Russia.
Is this what Nostradamus meant about that Russian bear reference and the Apocalypse?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #230 on: October 29, 2010, 01:09:04 pm »
on the one hand it's so cute that college kids think this is a game, on the other hand we can consider it a form of early training.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/entertainment-15749636/zombies-raid-college-campuses-22659877
<sig>

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #231 on: November 15, 2010, 11:52:01 am »
thoughts on the first three episodes of the walking dead?

seems to be going pretty far afield from the book, not that it's necessarily a bad thing.  i'm guessing episode 6 (the last one in this mini-season) will be the end of issue 6 / first paperback, with everyone packing up camp and moving on, just took a very circuitous route to get to the same place.

i like the actor playing rick a lot, and that's really the most important part of the story.
(o|o)

Relaxer

« Reply #232 on: November 15, 2010, 12:26:18 pm »
I'm liking it a lot, though I've noticed that I've liked each episode a tad less than the previous one. I continue to be amazed and almost appalled at what they get away with on this show, i.e. stomp-squishing and then wearing the zombie guts, the boyfriend immediately flipping the wife over to do the dog, the little girl-zombie getting shot in the face. Its weird because these are all things that I normally love to do.
oword

walkonby

« Reply #233 on: November 15, 2010, 06:44:52 pm »
after seeing almost every single zombie movie ever made, redneck zombies, being one of my favs, i think they are played out and like vampires . . .  need to go away.  there is nothing else they can do.  they've done sewer zombies, space zombies, western zombies, black zombies, punk zombies, virus zombies, spanish zombies, hitler zombies, zombie bands, zombie religions, zombie remakes, zombie humour, zombie video games, zombie food, disney zombie, zombie books, zombie comics, zombie tv, zombie social activism, zombie philosophy . . . .

vansmack

« Reply #234 on: November 15, 2010, 06:53:13 pm »
The difference of course being that vampires are fake and zombies are very, very real.  They can't go away....
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #235 on: November 16, 2010, 03:04:02 am »
they've done sewer zombies, space zombies, western zombies, black zombies, punk zombies, virus zombies, spanish zombies, hitler zombies, zombie bands, zombie religions, zombie remakes, zombie humour, zombie video games, zombie food, disney zombie, zombie books, zombie comics, zombie tv, zombie social activism, zombie philosophy . . . .

"Shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich..."
<sig>

Jaguar

« Reply #236 on: November 16, 2010, 10:38:57 am »
The Shrimp Zombies!

nkotb

« Reply #237 on: November 16, 2010, 11:16:07 am »
So far, I've loved it.  I was a little unsure about a few changes from the comic, but as we've gotten deeper into the show, I think that's a plus, since it even keeps long-time fans on the fence a bit with storyline.  My only gripe is that each episode doesn't seem long enough, but that's just a fan boy talking.

Agreed with Relaxer about how far they've gone. Much more gore than I was expected...but that opening scene definitely laid the groundwork that it's not going to be an easy show to watch.

I know I shouldn't humor walkie, but the big difference about a zombie story is that its not about the monsters...it's about the way people change and deal with what's happening in the world.  Of course, his argument rings a little false coming from a guy who's idea of a good time is seeing a band try to recapture the 60's by jamming on the same song for 40 minutes  ;)

Relaxer

« Reply #238 on: November 16, 2010, 12:11:54 pm »
Continuing along those lines, one of the things I like about zombie stories in general is that they inherently imply that this is the end of the world/humanity as we know it. There's that feeling of, everything has now changed, and I like how this series is running with that. The scene of the women talking about dildos was kind of dumb but I appreciate when they acknowledge that its a whole new ballgame out there. There's always this inherent dread element in zombie stories that the situation is bad and its progressively getting worse.

Sometimes I wish you'd have some random celebrity survivor show up. It would be like "Oh my god, is that the singer from My Chemical Romance? Dude, how did you survive?"
oword

walkonby

« Reply #239 on: November 16, 2010, 02:11:46 pm »
i find how enjoying something based upon how awesome the end of everything is . . . to be fascinating.

and somehow, i have, fallen away from the days of jam obsession.  like with the beatles and even pink floyd, whom i have listened to so much the original magic has faded and needs replaced by something fresh.  that is how i feel about zombies.  and i'm also tired of tom savini making guest appearances.