Author Topic: The Video Game Thread  (Read 26080 times)

ratioci nation

Re: The Video Game Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2008, 01:24:00 pm »
I pretty much only play Wii Sports Tennis these days, ignoring rock band, halo, gta4

We have a wii at work and a giant screen and the tennis is very competitive, what do you want, we are the web services team

nkotb

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2008, 01:44:00 pm »
Any idea on how compatible the drums/guitars will be between Rock Band and GHWT?  

Originally posted by vansmack:

Originally posted by Chulahoma:
  I'm curious to see if the drum setup is similar or different in GH4.  Anyone have any pictures of what it will look like?

I hate it when giant pictures ruin the thread space:

http://www.aeropause.com/wordpress/archives/images/2008/05/gh4drumkit.jpg [/b]

vansmack

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2008, 01:59:00 pm »
Originally posted by nkotb:
  Any idea on how compatible the drums/guitars will be between Rock Band and GHWT?  

My guess is that the equipment from GHWT will work with Xbox 360 version of Rock Band, but not the PS3 version (similar to how GHIII is now).

The Rock Band Equipment will not work with GHWT on both PS3 and 360 (similar to how it is now).

No idea on the wii, but we'll know soon enough.
27>34

nkotb

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2008, 02:01:00 pm »
Cool...I'm all set to rip into Rock Band, but fortunately it's still in the box if I change my mind.  Miss P is right...that review isn't great, and if I can get all of the functionality in GHWT, I might as well stick to that.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2008, 02:01:00 pm »
I have Mario Kart, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and Metroid Prime 3. Metroid is OK but Zelda is weird. Mario Kart is the funnest thing ever.

I'm iffy on buying Smash Bros. I'm not sure I'd like it, but at $26, it might be worth trying out.

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2008, 02:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by Julian, certified WEBLEBRITY:
  I have Mario Kart, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and Metroid Prime 3. Metroid is OK but Zelda is weird. Mario Kart is the funnest thing ever.

I'm iffy on buying Smash Bros. I'm not sure I'd like it, but at $26, it might be worth trying out.
I loved it on GC and I've played it once at a friends house. It's neat because its one of those games you can use whatever controller you have sitting around: GC controller, Nunchuk, Wiimote, Classic Controller
nothx

Venerable Bede

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2008, 02:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by nkotb:
  Cool...I'm all set to rip into Rock Band, but fortunately it's still in the box if I change my mind.  Miss P is right...that review isn't great, and if I can get all of the functionality in GHWT, I might as well stick to that.

[/b]
you'll have to let us know how you deal with the wii's storage problem when you download the songs.  i hear that nintendo may be working on an external storage so that it's more download friendly.
OU812

vansmack

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2008, 02:26:00 pm »
Two HUGE points:

(1) no world tour mode, and
 (2) no downloadable content

I doubt we'd (venerable and me) still be playing Rock Band on a weekly basis if those two features didn't exist.
27>34

nkotb

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2008, 02:27:00 pm »
Exactly...those are the big set-backs to me, but I'm not super into gaming, so I didn't know the Guitar Hero game was coming.  THis definitely changes things a bit....thanks for the heads up!

Two HUGE points:

(1) no world tour mode, and
 (2) no downloadable content

I doubt we'd (venerable and me) still be playing Rock Band on a weekly basis if those two features didn't exist.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2008, 02:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by miss pretentious:
  I loved it on GC and I've played it once at a friends house. It's neat because its one of those games you can use whatever controller you have sitting around: GC controller, Nunchuk, Wiimote, Classic Controller
Hmm. Everyone always asks if I have it when they come over. I didn't like the earlier ones I played at other people's places, but I think I might get it just for when people come over. $26 is like 2 pizzas.

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2008, 02:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by Julian, certified WEBLEBRITY:

Originally posted by miss pretentious:
Hmm. Everyone always asks if I have it when they come over. I didn't like the earlier ones I played at other people's places, but I think I might get it just for when people come over. $26 is like 2 pizzas. [/b]
It qualifies for free shipping too  ;)
nothx

Got Haggis?

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2008, 02:35:00 pm »
anyone been messing with the Spore creature creator?  It is pretty awesome - I see myself losing hours to this game once the full game is released.
 http://www.spore.com/

ratioci nation

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2008, 02:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by Got Haggis?:
  anyone been messing with the Spore creature creator?  It is pretty awesome - I see myself losing hours to this game once the full game is released.
  http://www.spore.com/
I played around with it a little bit, this is also the game I am looking forward to most

Venerable Bede

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2008, 03:14:00 pm »
OU812

bigyellow100

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2008, 03:22:00 pm »
Yeah what is up with the PS3?  The game development is horrendous.  No wonder why they are losing money.  I absolutely loathe FPS, but the seem to be the only games which are being produced.  At least I guess right on Blu-Ray and at least decent games are still being released on PS2...