Author Topic: Gastronomical Banter  (Read 457779 times)

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
Re: Gastronomical Banter
« Reply #90 on: August 26, 2013, 01:12:24 pm »
Le Diplomate is an amazing thing...the food is great, the management, and the bread is best I've had in U.S.

Bon Chon is great but candy...I prefer Cheogajip...also Korean fried chicken but a different concept

I can't deal with waiting in lines for food...I find the next spot, but it doesn't mean the place didn't deserve it

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #91 on: August 26, 2013, 02:02:48 pm »
If you're a fan of Peruvian chicken, my vote goes to Sardi's in Beltsville. The chicken is so ridiculously moist and juicy, and you get THREE different kinds of sauces!

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2013, 02:13:36 pm »
If you're a fan of Peruvian chicken, my vote goes to Sardi's in Beltsville. The chicken is so ridiculously moist and juicy, and you get THREE different kinds of sauces!
I've been going to Super Chicken in Falls Church on 29.  It's really close to my house and very cheap, and they don't act like weirdos when you ask for extra sauce.  I require lots of mild sauce with my fried yucca. Very good chicken.

Used to go to Crisp and Juicy regularly but they've fallen off.  And they are sauce stingy.

K8teebug

« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2013, 02:16:32 pm »
Must have many dipping areas!

Yada

« Reply #94 on: August 26, 2013, 02:19:12 pm »
El Pollo Rico FTW!

« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2013, 02:21:11 pm »
The Chicken Place on Rt7 by bailey's x-roads is my local favorite
slack

eros

« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2013, 02:29:20 pm »
Anybody been to BonChon?  The asian wing joints in NOVA?  Wondering if it is hype.

so

yay?  or nay?

no hype - worth the wait - get the whole bird - in C'ville, that is - call ahead

So there's a BonChon not too far from my office.  I had to run out in that area on a lunchtime errand and figured I'd swing by to see what it was about.  I go up to the bar, order 10 wings, and the guy tells me it will be about 35 minutes.  Wut.

Didn't have that kind of time today.  I walked out feeling stupid and dejected.   :-\
ʎɐʍou

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2013, 02:34:13 pm »
Anybody been to BonChon?  The asian wing joints in NOVA?  Wondering if it is hype.

so

yay?  or nay?

no hype - worth the wait - get the whole bird - in C'ville, that is - call ahead

So there's a BonChon not too far from my office.  I had to run out in that area on a lunchtime errand and figured I'd swing by to see what it was about.  I go up to the bar, order 10 wings, and the guy tells me it will be about 35 minutes.  Wut.

Didn't have that kind of time today.  I walked out feeling stupid and dejected.   :-\

that does mean they make it fresh

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2013, 02:35:24 pm »

Chicken On The Run in Bethesda for charcoal rotisserie latin

wow...what a secret

well it was I guess

eros

« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2013, 02:36:44 pm »

so

yay?  or nay?

Made to order apparently.  But 35 minutes seems a bit excessive even for wings.
ʎɐʍou

eros

« Reply #100 on: August 26, 2013, 02:38:08 pm »

so

yay?  or nay?

And it wasn't really a complaint.  Just me being disappointed because I didn't know the deal.
ʎɐʍou

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #101 on: August 26, 2013, 02:42:08 pm »
Chicken On The Run in Bethesda for charcoal rotisserie latin

wow...what a secret

well it was I guess

I'm a big fan of Chicken on the Run, and I think it's better than nearby Don Pollo. I got Crisp N Juicy from Tenleytown recently and it was just meh.

slappy

« Reply #102 on: August 26, 2013, 05:23:15 pm »
Empanadas, anyone got a place better than Julias or Panas in DC?

dyecraig

« Reply #103 on: August 26, 2013, 06:25:06 pm »
El Pollo Rico FTW!
and Anthony Bourdain sez so

stevewizzle

« Reply #104 on: August 26, 2013, 07:11:10 pm »
Empanadas, anyone got a place better than Julias or Panas in DC?

this isn't much of a help since i haven't had them, but dupont farmers market every sunday has an empanadas stand that seems very popular.