Author Topic: Gastronomical Banter  (Read 467553 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: Gastronomical Banter
« Reply #555 on: February 19, 2016, 04:34:45 pm »
Also, I *believe* that's Ryan Reynolds.

walk,on,by

« Reply #556 on: February 19, 2016, 09:16:03 pm »
Yes . . . Bon chon, is crack.

hutch

« Reply #557 on: February 20, 2016, 12:32:54 am »
my latest favorite potato chip: salt and vinegar.. i think they call it "hawaiian".... i saw some wacky flavors at the supermarket yesterday.. like peperoncini..not sure about that..

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #558 on: February 22, 2016, 09:09:43 am »
I just drove by the location of a brand new Roy Rogers which has its grand opening at 10am.  There was a line of people around the block...

hutch

« Reply #559 on: February 22, 2016, 09:58:34 am »
I just drove by the location of a brand new Roy Rogers which has its grand opening at 10am.  There was a line of people around the block...

OMG! Holster fries!

Unsanity

« Reply #560 on: February 23, 2016, 05:45:03 am »

OMG! Holster fries!

I went to a Roy Rogers Grand opening in Manassas. They were proud to be the 51st location. I was shocked to hear there were only 50 Roydee's left (at that point, 5 years ago). Sadly I do not believe they have the holster of fries anymore, I have not seen one of them since the early 2000's.

Where is the new location?

hutch

« Reply #561 on: February 23, 2016, 08:57:58 am »

OMG! Holster fries!

I went to a Roy Rogers Grand opening in Manassas. They were proud to be the 51st location. I was shocked to hear there were only 50 Roydee's left (at that point, 5 years ago). Sadly I do not believe they have the holster of fries anymore, I have not seen one of them since the early 2000's.

Where is the new location?

yeah.. they dissapeared...there used to be so many... for a while I ate there a lot....

hutch

« Reply #562 on: February 23, 2016, 08:59:24 am »
I think the new one is somewhere in maryland..yada was going to try it out

I didn't know they had two in alexandria... but no holster fries= no deal

Yada

« Reply #563 on: February 23, 2016, 12:36:29 pm »
I think the new one is somewhere in maryland..yada was going to try it out

I didn't know they had two in alexandria... but no holster fries= no deal

I don't think I've ever had the privilege of dining at Roy Rogers.

walk,on,by

« Reply #564 on: February 23, 2016, 12:56:32 pm »
the burgers are ok to ok good.  the have a fixins bar, which people seems to think makes it all the better.  roast beef is good, I think.  chicken is not bad when fresh.  sides besides fries is nice.  milkshakes are good.  the burger with the ham on it is my go to.  the breakfast hashbrown slick cut fry things they give you . . . are the bomb.

walk,on,by

« Reply #565 on: February 23, 2016, 12:59:02 pm »
cant do bon chon anymore, for my older system of digestion, does agree with such a place.  chicken with that crunch crust was the key, boneless being the best, and I did find the spicy version to be sometimes too much, but the other food was basic Korean style offerings.  perfect for college kids.

Space Freely

« Reply #566 on: February 25, 2016, 03:35:26 pm »
Don't you hate in when you go to a restaurant for a work-related lunch and you know it's going to suck and it does suck?

Why do we let people who obviously don't read at least tripadvisor or yelp pick the place we're going to?

Yada

« Reply #567 on: February 25, 2016, 03:36:43 pm »
Don't you hate in when you go to a restaurant for a work-related lunch and you know it's going to suck and it does suck?

Why do we let people who obviously don't read at least tripadvisor or yelp pick the place we're going to?

Where did you go?

I typically pick where I'm eating for work events, tonight at Del Friscos! We do tend to go to a really shitty thai place a bit too often, but free food is free food!

Space Freely

« Reply #568 on: February 25, 2016, 04:32:12 pm »

Where did you go?

I typically pick where I'm eating for work events, tonight at Del Friscos! We do tend to go to a really shitty thai place a bit too often, but free food is free food!

Here. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g28970-d1007547-Reviews-La_Loma_Mexican_Restaurant-Washington_DC_District_of_Columbia.html

It was a half step up from Taco Bell.

Sample conversation:
Person A: Yes, I've been here about 10 times.
Person B: Do you know if they do a good maragarita, good margartas are hard to find.
Person A: Oh, I don't know, but they have good beer (they had Dos Equus, Nefro Modela, Corona, Heineken, Miller Lite, all in bottles)
Person B: Oh yes, but it's winter, I can't drink beer in the winter, only in the summer.

Person C noted that a sign of if a restaurant is good is if the beef they use is good, and he said indeed his was. So there was that.

I think this Tripadvisor reviewer nailed it:

I would recommend Taco Bell over this dump. It is a nice location a few blocks east of Union station away from the touristy areas. As for food, go to the French restaurant or German one next to this place. Food is bland and cheaply made. Shrimp served is the extra small, tiny. salad shrimp. The kind you get for a dollar. Flavorless. The chicken is packaged pre-cut with filler. rubbery and disgusting. Can't even get a free refill on a $2 soda that was almost all ice. STAY AWAY

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #569 on: May 09, 2016, 05:10:33 pm »
Opening, 2 blocks from the  9:30 club:

The burgers are made with all-natural hormone & antibiotic-free beef, alongside shakes, rings, fries, a full bar; and surrounded by local artists? work, free foosball tables, and a digital jukebox with great music

http://www.popville.com/2016/05/tasty-burger-shaw-opening/