Author Topic: Gastronomical Banter  (Read 466902 times)

Yada

Re: Gastronomical Banter
« Reply #750 on: November 15, 2017, 02:35:16 pm »
If you and your partner are out for an evening prior to attending a show at The Anthem, Del Mar gets two enthusiastic thumbs up.

Every dish was A+ with great big old cocktails.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #751 on: November 30, 2017, 05:28:16 pm »
Heinz Mehstard
😐 🎶

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #752 on: November 30, 2017, 05:39:18 pm »
I prefer Sir Kensington's tbh

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #753 on: December 06, 2017, 01:33:14 pm »
If you and your partner are out for an evening prior to attending a show at The Anthem, Del Mar gets two enthusiastic thumbs up.

In all seriousness, is this worth $185/person for their NYE dinner? Is it that good? Looking for a place before the Thievery show and it seems to be one of the few places on The Wharf that isn't booked already.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #754 on: December 06, 2017, 03:38:37 pm »

In all seriousness, is this worth $185/person for their NYE dinner? Is it that good? Looking for a place before the Thievery show and it seems to be one of the few places on The Wharf that isn't booked already.

I'm pretty sure you're vegan or something right? If so, maybe not the best option. Is there a sample menu?

Our bill was probably $300ish and that was for probably 6 different apps/entrees + a few cocktails each.

« Reply #755 on: December 06, 2017, 04:09:52 pm »

I'm pretty sure you're vegan or something right? If so, maybe not the best option. Is there a sample menu?

Our bill was probably $300ish and that was for probably 6 different apps/entrees + a few cocktails each.
I'm vegetarian and a phone call confirmed they can accommodate that even with the prie fixe menu that evening.

It's like $320/person with wine pairings. Worth it in your opinion or are we better off spending our NYE $$ elsewhere at that price?
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #756 on: December 06, 2017, 04:34:15 pm »
$320 for roasted vegetables is not worth it from anywhere.

« Reply #757 on: December 06, 2017, 04:37:51 pm »
It's like paella and soup and multiple glasses of wine. It's not roasted vegetables.

If you'd like to redirect us to a better NYE option, I am all ears.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #758 on: December 06, 2017, 04:38:41 pm »

Space Freely

« Reply #759 on: December 11, 2017, 02:44:08 pm »
So for many years, our staff holiday party has been a potluck in January. I guess staff at some point decided that MLK Day was more worthy of celebration than the Christian, Jewish, and Muslim holidays that come in December. Whatever, MLK was a man who did great things, I won't argue. Let's sit around the office and eat each other's crappy food in January rather than going to a nice DC restaurant in December. Woohoo.

This year someone decided to put it to a vote. December vs. January, and potluck vs. restaurant.

Yay! December won overwhelmingly. But potluck also won overwhelmingly. WTF? DC is a pretty decent restaurant town, and who doesn't want to get out of the office for a few hours? Instead, we'll be crowding once again into our tiny seminar room, eating each other's food. I hope they do it on my telework day.

Hey, good news! I was looking at the list of what people are bringing. One woman is bringing Bojangles chicken, and one guy is making "Punch."

Score!!!

« Reply #760 on: December 11, 2017, 03:11:32 pm »
Fisticuffs and fried chicken? This has the makings of quite the hootenanny.
LVMH

« Reply #761 on: December 11, 2017, 10:17:13 pm »
I anticipate a wickedly spiteful retelling of said office xmas NOT-luck party
Please include a soundtrack to the moments you describe, gifs would be fantastic, but I assume that's too much to ask
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #762 on: December 11, 2017, 10:38:10 pm »
I anticipate a wickedly spiteful retelling of said office xmas NOT-luck party
Please include a soundtrack to the moments you describe, gifs would be fantastic, but I assume that's too much to ask

If you knew how much of (mostly by choice) a tech luddite I am, you would know that gifs would not be possible!

The same guy who is making "punch" in the past has provided us with a party soundtrack of Sarah McLaughlin and other Lilith type fare.  It will be interesting to see what he comes up with for music this year, perhaps I'll report on that if i recognize any of the artists!

« Reply #763 on: December 14, 2017, 01:44:10 pm »
^ install shazam on your phone...well won't work on a flip phone

this is for jules..... the McVegan
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #764 on: December 21, 2017, 04:24:36 pm »
Has anybody spotted Cheese Tea in the DMV yet?