Author Topic: Gastronomical Banter  (Read 467206 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: Gastronomical Banter
« Reply #945 on: June 13, 2022, 02:10:06 pm »
I haven't...but Kao Thai and Sweeteria, next to Fillmore, are excellent. The mango curry is *chef's kiss* sublime.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #946 on: June 15, 2022, 06:19:36 pm »
I believe this has been discussed before, but I need some help with some excellent restaurant recommendations for Asheville.  I am going for 3 or 4 days, and only have one reservation at a place called Curate.

Thanks!
Someone already linked to my other post on this but Curate just won the James Beard for best hospitality in the country and Chai Pani just won the James Beard got best restaurant in the US. Indian street food. Great town. Let me know when you’re going to be there and we can get a beer if we are there too.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #947 on: June 22, 2022, 06:09:07 pm »
In a move that is shaking the very foundation of the dried pasta and powdered cheese sector, Kraft Macaroni and Cheese is changing its name after 85 years.

The household staple is now called Kraft Mac & Cheese, which is "meant to reflect the way fans organically talk about the brand," the company announced Wednesday. Packaging featuring the new name will hit shelves in August.

Canadians are still confused.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #948 on: June 22, 2022, 07:01:55 pm »
In a move that is shaking the very foundation of the dried pasta and powdered cheese sector, Kraft Macaroni and Cheese is changing its name after 85 years.

The household staple is now called Kraft Mac & Cheese, which is "meant to reflect the way fans organically talk about the brand," the company announced Wednesday. Packaging featuring the new name will hit shelves in August.

Canadians are still confused.

So why not call it "Macken Cheese"? Goes great with a Hammond Cheese sandwich.
😐 🎶

GAY,GUY

« Reply #949 on: June 23, 2022, 10:26:48 am »
I believe this has been discussed before, but I need some help with some excellent restaurant recommendations for Asheville.  I am going for 3 or 4 days, and only have one reservation at a place called Curate.

Thanks!
Someone already linked to my other post on this but Curate just won the James Beard for best hospitality in the country and Chai Pani just won the James Beard got best restaurant in the US. Indian street food. Great town. Let me know when you’re going to be there and we can get a beer if we are there too.

I am very excited, to visit a town that has always been relatively close to where I lived for most of my life, but I still have never visited!  I've already wrote down, of list of things I think I want to try to do in the 3 or so days, I will be there.  It is part of a larger trip, from another state involving craft festivals / breweries / just to get the hell out and lodge, and Asheville wound up being the perfect place to finish out, the trip.  I should be, there around the middle of July.  Is the Funkatorium actually worth going to, over Wicked Weed Brewing?  I am not sure I have time for both, and I have always worshipped Sours, over most styles of beers. I, also planned on taking the drive on Riverside Dr / Lyman St along the French Broad . . . any particular places of interest to make sure to see, whether "the River Arts District" or south of it?  I considered taking the Blue Ridge Parkway, for part of the way home, but discovered it takes you to a crazy out of the way part of NC, before you can meander my way back to the Valley.  That Fold Art Center looked pretty cool, right when you get on.

The, end.

« Reply #950 on: June 23, 2022, 11:34:20 am »
River Arts District is worth the time; the Folk Art Center not so much. It's very random. You can blow thru it in thirty minutes but it's not going to rock your socks off. The Black Mountain Arts College museum (or even just the Asheville Art Museum downtown) are way better.

If you like Sours, DEFINITELY do the Funkatorium.

Go to West Asheville and just walk up and down on Haywood and you'll find stuff you like. Google "Fleetwoods" and just start there and find stuff.

Do you do Champagne? Battery Park Book Exchange and Champagne Bar is an awesome spot I could see you liking.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 11:39:07 am by Julian, Adroit TASTEMAKER »
LVMH

GAY,GUY

« Reply #951 on: June 23, 2022, 11:51:33 am »
Your knowledge, is intoxicating.  Yeah, I saw the book exchange thing; looked awesome and unique.  And . . . guurrrl, come on, of course a gay likes the champagne.

« Reply #952 on: June 23, 2022, 12:05:12 pm »
Your knowledge, is intoxicating.  Yeah, I saw the book exchange thing; looked awesome and unique.  And . . . guurrrl, come on, of course a gay likes the champagne.
I don’t like to stereotype but yeah.
LVMH

GAY,GUY

« Reply #953 on: July 17, 2022, 07:22:28 pm »
Eating at Curate, right now.  Tasting menu is rocking! I'm in, heaven.  Who knew, I like Sherry?!

Yada

« Reply #954 on: July 17, 2022, 07:59:02 pm »
Eating at Curate, right now.  Tasting menu is rocking! I'm in, heaven.  Who knew, I like Sherry?!

Ate at Planta last night.

Every dish was great to amazing.

Who knew, I like Vegan!

GAY,GUY

« Reply #955 on: July 17, 2022, 08:17:40 pm »
You're my friend, I have met only once, and it wasn't enough.

Yada

« Reply #956 on: July 17, 2022, 11:19:01 pm »
You're my friend, I have met only once, and it wasn't enough.

Can confirm

« Reply #957 on: July 18, 2022, 08:57:07 am »
Your sherry comment reminded me of a new place I thought you'd like, if you're still in town. If you continue on down Broadway, between the Orange Peel and that aLoft (right by Wicked Weed) is a place called Holeman & Finch and while the charcuterie-heavy menu is not super aligned with my diet, you'd get a kick. Cocktails/madiera are to die for.
LVMH

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #958 on: July 18, 2022, 09:26:08 am »
Heading down there Saturday for 4 weeks.

Your sherry comment reminded me of a new place I thought you'd like, if you're still in town. If you continue on down Broadway, between the Orange Peel and that aLoft (right by Wicked Weed) is a place called Holeman & Finch and while the charcuterie-heavy menu is not super aligned with my diet, you'd get a kick. Cocktails/madiera are to die for.

GAY,GUY

« Reply #959 on: July 18, 2022, 11:46:49 am »
Eating at 12 bones right now. The art galleries/ skate park in the area, is incredible

#fuckyeah
« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 11:59:45 am by Walk,on,by »