Author Topic: Legendary Local Killjoy Updates M.O. for Mobile Internet Age  (Read 11816 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Legendary Local Killjoy Updates M.O. for Mobile Internet Age
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2013, 12:47:00 pm »
my point was not so much my specifics . . . but more so, youre in a band, so shut up.

not sure what you're getting at here, walkies... he should be grateful to be in a band, so stop complaining?
<sig>

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2013, 12:56:37 pm »
yes.  i am not afraid to say that i am jealous of people in bands and of their talents to be in such bands and of the lives they live because of such bands and talents.  maybe it is only small time or maybe they make it, but either way, the life they live is that much cooler than mine, so yes, i also am not afriad to say, shut up when it comes to something i can do to somehow be apart of your beautiful people life. 

moeszyslak

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2013, 12:58:21 pm »
my point was not so much my specifics . . . but more so, youre in a band, so shut up.

not sure what you're getting at here, walkies... he should be grateful to be in a band, so stop complaining?

I believe what he is trying to say is summed up by Mr. Knopfler below.

Now that ain't workin' that's the way you do it
Lemme tell ya them guys ain't dumb
Maybe get a blister on your little finger
Maybe get a blister on your thumb

We gotta install microwave ovens
Custom kitchen deliveries
We gotta move these refrigerators
We gotta move these color TV's

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2013, 01:05:14 pm »
oooh . . . a new person.

Yada

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2013, 01:25:25 pm »
oooh . . . a new person.

I think you're atomicfront.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2013, 01:29:21 pm »
yes.  i am not afraid to say that i am jealous of people in bands and of their talents to be in such bands and of the lives they live because of such bands and talents.  maybe it is only small time or maybe they make it, but either way, the life they live is that much cooler than mine, so yes, i also am not afriad to say, shut up when it comes to something i can do to somehow be apart of your beautiful people life. 

i'd tell you how much hard work goes into getting to that level of musicianship, and how unglorious being in a band is most of the time... but it would be a waste, wouldn't it?
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2013, 01:31:48 pm »
He just sounds old and crotchety.
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2013, 01:48:51 pm »
He just sounds old and crotchety.

MacKaye, or walkies?  ;D

<hides>
<sig>

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2013, 01:50:20 pm »
wonders that myself.  doesnt hide.  and what does how hard it takes to get to point have anything to do how awesome it is that not everybody in life can get to that point?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2013, 01:51:20 pm »
oooh . . . a new person.

I think you're atomicfront.

me or the new person.  now ill hide.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?

moeszyslak

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2013, 02:28:32 pm »

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2013, 02:39:53 pm »
I'm totally fine with people taking pictures/videos at concerts as long as it doesn't get in my way. YES, I'll take 1-5 pictures throughout a concert, but I like the experience more. I always feel like a dingus when I take a picture, but some moments you DO want to capture. The people taking 100 pictures in the crowd and instantly putting it online are the annoying ones.

I get it. I really do. But, come on.
‼‼?‼‼

stevewizzle

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2013, 02:51:23 pm »
I've mastered the 1-3 picture initiative.  videos are stupid.  it's cool to snag a picture or two, really capture what that show was like, and be able to look back over time.  only takes you "out of the moment" for 30 seconds, if you're good, and let's you document that moment forever.

it's fucking incredible how fast you can pull out an iphone, switch to camera mode, snap a picture (pro-tip: use the + volume button), and put it back in your pocket. 

that said, check it after the show and save instagram and social media for later.  that's the bullshit seth and ian are most likely talking about.

fatskippy

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2013, 02:55:32 pm »
it's fucking incredible how fast you can pull out an iphone, switch to camera mode, snap a picture (pro-tip: use the + volume button), and put it back in your pocket. 

Awesome, I had no idea you could use the volume button to take pictures. Another one I recently learned is you can swipe upwards from the camera icon on the bottom right of the lock screen to get into camera mode.