Author Topic: Legendary Local Killjoy Updates M.O. for Mobile Internet Age  (Read 11814 times)

HoyaSaxa03

Re: Legendary Local Killjoy Updates M.O. for Mobile Internet Age
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2013, 03:26:42 pm »
that said, check it after the show and save instagram and social media for later.  that's the bullshit seth and ian are most likely talking about.

yes, Ian MacKaye is nothing if not reasonable -- just like he's cool if you have a beer and a smoke after the show, but not during it.
(o|o)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2013, 03:40:28 pm »
and what does how hard it takes to get to point have anything to do how awesome it is that not everybody in life can get to that point?

nothing wrong with admiring someone's accomplishments, but i took issue with you telling him to shut up because of them.  the implied message i was getting is that he was lucky to be in a band and had no right to comment on/complain about folks constantly holding up their cell phones.  IMO, the artist has every right to take issue with idiots instagram'ing the whole show.  they're not enjoying what is going on, they're placing more value on what others think of them then on what the artist is providing right in front of them, and they're annoying other people trying to enjoy the show.

that said, check it after the show and save instagram and social media for later.  that's the bullshit seth and ian are most likely talking about.

yes, Ian MacKaye is nothing if not reasonable -- just like he's cool if you have a beer and a smoke after the show, but not during it.

actually, the smoking analogy is an interesting one.  the fact that shows are now smoke-free is a good thing, IMO.  cigarettes were banned for the greater good of everyone and to the annoyance of a few.  cell phones, while obviously not hazardous like cigs, can present the same sort of personal behavior vs. public good situation.  that idiot holding up a cell for the whole show is having a blast putting it all on facebook but he's pissing off everyone behind him.  they came to see the band, not the screen of a cell phone.
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2013, 03:50:27 pm »
I was going to equate it to when you could smoke in clubs, but it's just not the same. Your clothes don't stink after someone pulls out their phones, phones don't make you cough, phones don't burn your eyes [i think], so it's not really the same. Annoyance? I'd say yes. But for the "greater good", totally different.

I also recently quit smoking SO that's just my opinion.
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2013, 04:07:03 pm »
what about the 6 foot 4 clown who goes up and stands front and center blocking 300 people's view of the lead singer?

James Ford

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2013, 04:08:44 pm »
He already deleted his user account, maybe he'll stop going to shows as well.

what about the 6 foot 4 clown who goes up and stands front and center blocking 300 people's view of the lead singer?

James Ford

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2013, 04:09:29 pm »
Congratulations on quitting.

I was going to equate it to when you could smoke in clubs, but it's just not the same. Your clothes don't stink after someone pulls out their phones, phones don't make you cough, phones don't burn your eyes [i think], so it's not really the same. Annoyance? I'd say yes. But for the "greater good", totally different.

stevewizzle

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2013, 04:43:45 pm »
He already deleted his user account, maybe he'll stop going to shows as well.

+1

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2013, 11:57:24 pm »

the straight-edge movement never cared about the physical collateral effects of drug use on non-users, but on the self-righteous, dogmatic enforcement of their world view -- not unlike islamists.
(o|o)

atomic

« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2013, 11:27:33 am »
I think it is annoying for people to take photos for the whole show.  What is most annoying is when people talk the whole shows.  If people want to text during the show that is lame but it doesn't really effect me.  I guess it is sort of a respect thing to show the perfomer attention. Bad manners I guess.  I blame their parents. 

shemptiness

« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2013, 11:35:39 am »

So because he's tall he's not allowed to have a great spot to see a show?

killsaly

« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2013, 11:43:59 am »
Atomic?  :D

I agree, people talking while bands are playing (especially "quiet" artists) is definitely more annoying than any photography or texting. 

hutch

« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2013, 12:27:48 pm »

well i don't know..its a tough call.. if you're really tall any spot close up is really good so why be right up front where you are blocking everyone else?.. in other words if you're really tall a great spot might be a few people back...  its like if you have a short girl behind you.. don't you usually ask her if she wants to stand in front of you or do you stand there blocking her the entire night?

atomic

« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2013, 01:09:57 pm »

well i don't know..its a tough call.. if you're really tall any spot close up is really good so why be right up front where you are blocking everyone else?.. in other words if you're really tall a great spot might be a few people back...  its like if you have a short girl behind you.. don't you usually ask her if she wants to stand in front of you or do you stand there blocking her the entire night?

Survival of the fitest.  I am not going to the back because I am tall. I mean if someone is 5'2" they are screwed no matter what.  Blame the venue for being flat not the tall dude.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2013, 01:54:06 pm »

Puddles?