Author Topic: 930 Survival Football 2013  (Read 85029 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: 930 Survival Football 2013
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2013, 01:07:38 pm »
or, you know, you could just blame the person for their own actions. 

you guys sound like the crotchety old men who link things like south park or video games to crime.
I think when you have a society that sends out the message that its OK for adults to play video games or fantasy football, you shouldn't be shocked when 95% of our population are morons. Back in the old days, kids who played D&D or Frogger all day got the crap beat out of them at school and that negative reinforcement of those behaviors STOPPED THEM from doing them and moving on to age-appropriate, productive activities like perfecting their craft cocktail skills and cataloging classical music performances.
LVMH

stevewizzle

« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2013, 01:56:54 pm »
or, you know, you could just blame the person for their own actions. 

you guys sound like the crotchety old men who link things like south park or video games to crime.
I think when you have a society that sends out the message that its OK for adults to play video games or fantasy football, you shouldn't be shocked when 95% of our population are morons. Back in the old days, kids who played D&D or Frogger all day got the crap beat out of them at school and that negative reinforcement of those behaviors STOPPED THEM from doing them and moving on to age-appropriate, productive activities like perfecting their craft cocktail skills and cataloging classical music performances.

julian's america sucks.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2013, 02:08:31 pm »
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24052252/report-police-called-after-texans-fan-harasses-matt-schaub-at-home

i blame fantasy football, and how everybody is too much into the game because of it, for this.
That son of a bitch is on my team. I have him and Big Ben. In a fucking 18 team league. There are literally no other QBs available. That being said, this is fucking insane.

Who on earth joins and or creates an 18 team league?
No fucking shit. I joined when it was at 14, then I guess they just kept adding people. I'm starting Mohamed Sanu for christs sake. MOHAMED SANU.
‼‼?‼‼

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2013, 02:16:19 pm »
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24052252/report-police-called-after-texans-fan-harasses-matt-schaub-at-home

i blame fantasy football, and how everybody is too much into the game because of it, for this.
I blame fantasy football for a lot of things. You're playing goddamn Dungeons and Dragons and you all are ostensibly adults. If you talk to someone who plays fantasy sports, you're talking to a complete loser.
Lol. I think fantasy sports are just about as nerdy as oh....a top 10 albums of the year list, or something like that. Just a hobby for people. But, I like both of those things. Patton Oswalt wrote an awesome article on being a nerd and how being a nerd is just out in the open now. I think this is the type of thing you're getting after.
‼‼?‼‼

ggw

« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2013, 02:29:19 pm »
Go Raiders!!

ggw

« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2013, 01:14:39 pm »
Seven remaining:

Four in the $100 pool:
ggw
hoyaparanoia
Ljack666
We Are Both Carls

Three others in the $5 pool:
Challenged
J Rho
Yada Sacker

Go me!

Everybody advanced.  3 picked DEN; 3 picked KC; Yada picked Chicago because he figured out that my beloved Giants are basically the NFC version of the Jaguars this season.

ggw

« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2013, 01:42:23 pm »
Hoya, J Rho, and L Jack took San Fran.  Challenged took New England.  Yada took the 'Pack. The Carls took KC.  I took New Orleans.  This year is going longer than most.

crevers

« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2013, 09:31:27 pm »
I'm trying to remember...back in 2009 maybe, the pool lasted until Thanksgiving or thereabouts, and the handful of people left all lost in the same week.  Might be that kind of year again.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2013, 06:05:40 pm »
Thanks a lot Titans.
It all ends tomorrow.
 ???

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2013, 11:18:10 am »
ha!  so Yada wins by virtue of having picked the monday night game.  doesn't matter who wins tonight, yada's already won the pool since he's still alive today and no one else is.  weird rule...

congrats yada.
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2013, 01:32:46 pm »
ha!  so Yada wins by virtue of having picked the monday night game.  doesn't matter who wins tonight, yada's already won the pool since he's still alive today and no one else is.  weird rule...

congrats yada.

Yahoo's rules.

But no commissioner would allow for that....survive the week, win the pool.
27>34

Kubacheck

« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2013, 02:08:42 pm »

congrats yada.

Yahoo's rules.

that seems kinda ridiculous to be declared the winner when your game hasn't been played, but I guess technically, he was the last man standing, no matter what.... hopefully Miami wins just to remove any possible "taint".....we had an interesting ending to my other survival league as well..... I set up a league every year for a small group of friends just for fun, and after a season a couple years ago where everyone was out by week 4 because of a rash of upsets early on, I made it a 2 strike league to keep it going longer...... anyway, of all the people left this year, one guy was still perfect, everyone else had one strike, and like what happened in this league, all those people lost this weekend..... the guy who was perfect didn't make a pick this week, I think he's out camping and just forgot..... anyway, we all figured that was just his first strike and that he won, but apparently Yahoo doesn't see it that way....  apparently because he didn't make a pick, Yahoo eliminated him and thus, according the league page, we ended without an "official" champion this season....

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2013, 02:12:52 pm »

congrats yada.

Yahoo's rules.

that seems kinda ridiculous to be declared the winner when your game hasn't been played, but I guess technically, he was the last man standing, no matter what.... hopefully Miami wins just to remove any possible "taint".....we had an interesting ending to my other survival league as well..... I set up a league every year for a small group of friends just for fun, and after a season a couple years ago where everyone was out by week 4 because of a rash of upsets early on, I made it a 2 strike league to keep it going longer...... anyway, of all the people left this year, one guy was still perfect, everyone else had one strike, and like what happened in this league, all those people lost this weekend..... the guy who was perfect didn't make a pick this week, I think he's out camping and just forgot..... anyway, we all figured that was just his first strike and that he won, but apparently Yahoo doesn't see it that way....  apparently because he didn't make a pick, Yahoo eliminated him and thus, according the league page, we ended without an "official" champion this season....
I was the last one last year, but my game was on a Monday night. How funny that both years I was eliminated by picking the Steelers. I still have the little trophy thing on my Yahoo account though.
‼‼?‼‼

crevers

« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2013, 02:47:40 pm »
To be clear, is the parallel $100 pool still a 3-way tie (Hoya, LJack, Carls), or is there the question of which 1pm game ended first?

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2013, 04:30:57 pm »
that would be crazy, imho.

unrelated:  hi everyone!  i've been busy.
(o|o)