Author Topic: Shutdown playlist  (Read 51229 times)

Vas Deferens

Re: Shutdown playlist
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2018, 10:13:31 am »
(_|_)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2018, 11:11:49 am »
I've got nothing to offer except a complaint.  I was recently invited on a last minute trip to the Bahamas by a lady friend and dug out my passport to find that it is expired.  I started the expedited renewal process on Friday right before the shutdown.  Having a hard time figuring out exactly how much passport requests are affected by the all this.  I really don't want to eat these plane tickets.  And I could really use a few days in the sun.  Fuck this government.

ggw

« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2018, 11:28:15 am »
Passport offices are funded by fees not appropriations. They shouldn't be affected by the shutdown.

bearman🐻

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2018, 11:37:46 am »
Passport offices are funded by fees not appropriations. They shouldn't be affected by the shutdown.

Yeah, pretty sure that passports aren't affected since you have to pay for them...maybe they're short-staffed though.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2018, 11:46:03 am »

Yeah, pretty sure that passports aren't affected since you have to pay for them...maybe they're short-staffed though.

This is definitely what I am reading some places.  But in others I've read that passport agencies located in federal buildings will be closed.  Who the fuck knows.  I think my chances are pretty good of getting it done.  But being in just a little limbo over it sucks.

I stand by my original statement - fuck this government.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2018, 12:00:11 pm »
http://www.latimes.com/travel/la-tr-parks-passports-shutdown-20180119-story.html

For more information about passports, see the State Department’s website. As of late Sunday night, there had been no change in passport processing times, still listed as four to six weeks, according to state’s website. (It’s on the lower right corner of the page.)

Did you already do it?  If not, try the USPS for expedited service. They are not affected by the shutdown.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 12:08:22 pm by Vas Deferens »
(_|_)

bearman🐻

« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2018, 01:54:48 pm »
The good news is it looks like it'll reopen today.

hutch

« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2018, 03:26:17 pm »
Democrats caved...they had no choice...sad

Space Freely

« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2018, 07:30:58 pm »
Democrats caved...they had no choice...sad

Good! Though honestly i think they should just shut the shit down until they pass a full budget. This three week crap is BS.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 07:44:56 pm by Space Freely »

hutch

« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2018, 07:46:34 pm »
It is definitely good they caved but bad they have gotten themselves into this position of seemingly spending all their political capital on illegal immigrants...a total loser...

Space Freely

« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2018, 08:13:52 pm »
It is definitely good they caved but bad they have gotten themselves into this position of seemingly spending all their political capital on illegal immigrants...a total loser...

Agreed.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2018, 09:06:43 pm »
spending all their political capital on illegal immigrants...a total loser...

they're playing the long game.  where do you think most new voters come from?  it ain't births.  and guess who immigrants tend to vote for... plus, it's an issue their (current) base is either supportive of or at a minimum indifferent about, on the whole. 
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2018, 09:15:31 pm »
Long game?

Ha ha

Latinos do not vote and many Latinos could care less about DACA

Democrats are undoing their chances for the midterms...every time we talk bout immigration trump wins...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 09:17:10 pm by hutch »

vansmack

« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2018, 09:17:38 pm »
spending all their political capital on illegal immigrants...a total loser...

Plus, this:

Yeah, I wasn't going to get into the whole thing about how DREAMers are NOT illegal, but there's that detail.

Playing the long game on immigration I will let slide, but not "illegal" immigration.
27>34

hutch

« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2018, 09:21:56 pm »
Look they came in the country illegally...I think we need way more immigration and I am pro amnesty for everyone but the only way to accomplish that is to win elections and Democrats need to stop being the party of illegal immigrants and Muslims or they will lose the midterms and trump will be re-elected in 2020