Author Topic: Shutdown playlist  (Read 51230 times)

bearman🐻

Re: Shutdown playlist
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2018, 10:09:23 am »
Look they came in the country illegally...I think we need way more immigration and I am pro amnesty for everyone but the only way to accomplish that is to win elections and Democrats need to stop being the party of illegal immigrants and Muslims or they will lose the midterms and trump will be re-elected in 2020

You summed up why this issue isn't polling well in marginal districts and why people don't give a crap about someone who came into the country as a minor (probably not even by their own choice) and now wants to try to stay here. I don't think people realize how HARD it is now for someone who is seeking asylum in this country to stay here. Imagine you're a North Korean refugee and you want to stay here because you have a relative in this country. You know you what you need? A birth certificate. BUT North Koreans are never ISSUED birth certificates. So what do you need? A lawyer to help your argument to stay. The system is changing and making it harder for anyone who wants to become a US citizen.  And as the son of immigrants, I feel pretty disgusted when people don't have an ounce of common sense that they are lucky and privileged to be Americans but clearly don't have a shred of empathy just because they're a generation or 3 removed from the issue. The shutdown should not have happened. Over any issue. And it's ugly that what has surfaced is a "not for THESE people" sentiment. It stems right from the "shithole countries" comment.

ggw

« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2018, 11:05:03 am »
We need a system like Canada, where immigration is based on merit and not on whether you are lucky enough to have a relative in the country.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/06/28/opinion/canada-immigration-policy-trump.html

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2018, 11:15:58 am »
Look they came in the country illegally...I think we need way more immigration and I am pro amnesty for everyone but the only way to accomplish that is to win elections and Democrats need to stop being the party of illegal immigrants and Muslims or they will lose the midterms and trump will be re-elected in 2020

You summed up why this issue isn't polling well in marginal districts and why people don't give a crap about someone who came into the country as a minor (probably not even by their own choice) and now wants to try to stay here. I don't think people realize how HARD it is now for someone who is seeking asylum in this country to stay here. Imagine you're a North Korean refugee and you want to stay here because you have a relative in this country. You know you what you need? A birth certificate. BUT North Koreans are never ISSUED birth certificates. So what do you need? A lawyer to help your argument to stay. The system is changing and making it harder for anyone who wants to become a US citizen.  And as the son of immigrants, I feel pretty disgusted when people don't have an ounce of common sense that they are lucky and privileged to be Americans but clearly don't have a shred of empathy just because they're a generation or 3 removed from the issue. The shutdown should not have happened. Over any issue. And it's ugly that what has surfaced is a "not for THESE people" sentiment. It stems right from the "shithole countries" comment.

BOOM!
😐 🎶

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2018, 11:32:32 am »
We need a system like Canada, where immigration is based on merit and not on whether you are lucky enough to have a relative in the country.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/06/28/opinion/canada-immigration-policy-trump.html
Agreed. We are far to the left of Canada on this issue which is not something we say very often.
LVMH

« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2018, 02:33:37 pm »
oops i did it again britney spears
Idiot Wind bob dylan

and only because there was a ref down below...listening and oldie but goodie "where are my legs" SNFU
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 02:51:47 pm by Millefleur ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı »
slack

hutch

« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2018, 03:39:15 pm »
oops i did it again britney spears
Idiot Wind bob dylan

and only because there was a ref down below...listening and oldie but goodie "where are my legs" SNFU

English my good man

vansmack

« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2018, 04:01:56 pm »
The Wall - Pink Floyd
27>34

« Reply #67 on: December 25, 2018, 10:05:39 am »
Crumblin' down- John Mellencamp
Off the wall - MJ
Piss on the wall - j. Giles
Balls to the wall -Accept (used to love this song)
Break down the walls - youth of today
Building a wall -  petshop boys
Wall of death - Richard and Linda Thompson
Behind the Wall of sleep - the smithereens
Sugar walls - Sheena Easton
Charlotte sometimes - the cure
The walls came down - the call
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #68 on: December 25, 2018, 01:19:45 pm »
Crumblin' down- John Mellencamp
Off the wall - MJ
Piss on the wall - j. Giles
Balls to the wall -Accept (used to love this song)
Break down the walls - youth of today
Building a wall -  petshop boys
Wall of death - Richard and Linda Thompson
Behind the Wall of sleep - the smithereens
Sugar walls - Sheena Easton
Charlotte sometimes - the cure
The walls came down - the call

What do you mean used to?

Here's the thing

« Reply #69 on: December 25, 2018, 11:12:36 pm »
American Ruse - MC 5

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #70 on: December 26, 2018, 11:47:43 am »
So few songs for the exempt...

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2018, 01:53:18 pm »
Midnight Oil - Someone else to blame

« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2019, 02:47:31 pm »
Ace ~ How Long (Has This Been Going On)
Captain & Tennille ~ Do That To Me One More Time
slack

eddie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2019, 03:26:06 pm »
That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore - The Smiths
One Eyed Dollar - Clutch
Open Up The Border - Clutch

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2023, 04:07:36 pm »
It's sad how often this thread comes back to life

Shut em down - public enemy

Revived.