Author Topic: The MLB Thread  (Read 624850 times)

Space Freely

Re: The MLB Thread
« Reply #1770 on: October 25, 2016, 08:35:19 am »
This seems like the appropriate day in history to share my Cubs story.

In college, I had a Mathematics Professor who has studied at the University of Chicago. The way this professor ran his class was a little different. Instead of straight lecture, it was class participation. But instead of that being a positive interactive experience, he would call on random people to answer questions and ask THEM to explain (often difficult) stuff. And when someone inevitably didn?t know an answer, he would start insulting, berating, and belittling them, calling them ?stupid?, and worse. I seem to remember tears were actually shed in the classroom.

After a half semester of this abuse, a group of students decided to get revenge. They concocted a plan and proceeded to inform everyone in the class about it in advance, and the plan was met with unanimous approval. One day, prior to class, several students entered the classroom early, and in very large letters wrote on the back blackboard (remember those?)  that was in the line of vision of the professor? ?CUBS SUCK?.

Time may make the story grow sweeter, but I actually seem to remember them using some sort of writing source that wasn?t easily erased, and the message remained there for a couple of weeks.

And how did it affect Dr. Chicago? The abuse stopped immediately.

GO INDIANS, CUBS STILL SUCK

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1771 on: October 25, 2016, 10:32:40 am »
this would get me to watch the game:

Charlie Sheen Responds to Indians Fans Demanding He Throw the First Pitch at the World Series
http://www.12up.com/posts/3979817-charlie-sheen-responds-to-indians-fans-demanding-he-throw-the-first-pitch-at-the-world-series
<sig>

gavroche

« Reply #1772 on: October 25, 2016, 10:52:56 am »
This seems like the appropriate day in history to share my Cubs story.

In college, I had a Mathematics Professor who has studied at the University of Chicago. The way this professor ran his class was a little different. Instead of straight lecture, it was class participation. But instead of that being a positive interactive experience, he would call on random people to answer questions and ask THEM to explain (often difficult) stuff. And when someone inevitably didn?t know an answer, he would start insulting, berating, and belittling them, calling them ?stupid?, and worse. I seem to remember tears were actually shed in the classroom.

After a half semester of this abuse, a group of students decided to get revenge. They concocted a plan and proceeded to inform everyone in the class about it in advance, and the plan was met with unanimous approval. One day, prior to class, several students entered the classroom early, and in very large letters wrote on the back blackboard (remember those?)  that was in the line of vision of the professor? ?CUBS SUCK?.

Time may make the story grow sweeter, but I actually seem to remember them using some sort of writing source that wasn?t easily erased, and the message remained there for a couple of weeks.

And how did it affect Dr. Chicago? The abuse stopped immediately.

GO INDIANS, CUBS STILL SUCK

Not a very loyal professor.  If he was from UofC he should have been a Sox fan.

Space Freely

« Reply #1773 on: October 25, 2016, 07:35:29 pm »
A-Rod and Pete Rose in the same booth. Hasn't been that much douchebaggery in the same room since Hutch and I were at the Luna show together.

hutch

« Reply #1774 on: October 25, 2016, 07:44:16 pm »
A-Rod and Pete Rose in the same booth. Hasn't been that much douchebaggery in the same room since Hutch and I were at the Luna show together.

well in fairness I was drunk, what is their excuse?

So does everyone want the Cubs to win? I have a diehard Cards fan who is unrelenting in his spite for the Cubs... I also heard that if the Cubs win the Nats will be the team with the longest streak of not winning the World Series... like since 1928?

Space Freely

« Reply #1775 on: October 25, 2016, 08:08:38 pm »
GO INDIANS

hutch

« Reply #1776 on: October 25, 2016, 08:09:57 pm »
GO INDIANS

oh.. you were serious...

kind of amusing..its like the world series of the red sox progeny or something: Theo vs Tito

Space Freely

« Reply #1777 on: October 25, 2016, 08:10:31 pm »
Thanks Fox, for playing a HEP-C commercial during our family dinner.

My half-listening nine-year old: "Wait, are they criticizing Pepsi?"

Space Freely

« Reply #1778 on: October 25, 2016, 08:30:59 pm »

well in fairness I was drunk, what is their excuse?

So does everyone want the Cubs to win? I have a diehard Cards fan who is unrelenting in his spite for the Cubs... I also heard that if the Cubs win the Nats will be the team with the longest streak of not winning the World Series... like since 1928?

There's a whole lot of people in Chicago who want the Cubs to lose. They're called Sox fans.

hutch

« Reply #1779 on: October 25, 2016, 08:49:52 pm »
Yeah. White Sox nation.. huge!

Pretty much the whole world wants the Cubs to win..

Anyways, Cleveland draws first blood...

who threw the first pitch? Bartman?

hutch

« Reply #1780 on: October 25, 2016, 09:14:35 pm »

Space Freely

« Reply #1781 on: October 25, 2016, 09:26:13 pm »

Kenny Lofton

hutch

« Reply #1782 on: October 25, 2016, 09:31:20 pm »

Kenny Lofton

oh.. they're in Cleveland.. I see...

Bob Dylan would have been a better choice..

hutch

« Reply #1783 on: October 25, 2016, 10:46:56 pm »
this Miller guy is pretty good...

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1784 on: October 26, 2016, 10:26:21 am »

Wish they would both lose. How is Cleveland in 2 championship finals in the same year?! We all really did die in 2012.
‼‼?‼‼