Author Topic: The MLB Thread  (Read 615002 times)

vansmack

Re: The MLB Thread
« Reply #120 on: April 01, 2014, 11:48:56 am »
Pretty much every Angel fans nightmare scenario.  A lead in the 7th turns into a 7 run bullpen loss.  Just like 2012.  And 2013.... 
27>34

stevewizzle

« Reply #121 on: April 01, 2014, 12:58:49 pm »
... go mariners

shemptiness

« Reply #122 on: April 01, 2014, 01:24:42 pm »
Pretty much every Angel fans nightmare scenario.  A lead in the 7th turns into a 7 run bullpen loss.  Just like 2012.  And 2013.... 

Jim Johnson was available.  Cheap too.

vansmack

« Reply #123 on: April 01, 2014, 01:37:08 pm »
Jim Johnson was available.  Cheap too.

Still might be soon.  He was booed in Oakland last night...
27>34

shemptiness

« Reply #124 on: April 01, 2014, 10:43:35 pm »
Better hope that Baylor injury isn't an omen.

vansmack

« Reply #125 on: April 02, 2014, 12:35:10 am »

Is there any other way to look at your new batting coach breaking his femur on the ceremonial first pitch?
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #126 on: April 04, 2014, 02:55:53 pm »

Brock (ID)

New Question. How long do you think the Mike Trout craze will last? Will he live up to his hype for a longer period of time?

Jayson Stark  (1:21 PM)

Wait. It's a "craze?" I don't see this as just "hype." This is real, man. He's had two seasons unlike anything we've ever witnessed from a player his age. And there's zero sign it's fluky, or about to end any time soon. So this is no fad, Brock. This is about the best player in baseball proving his greatness every night. And some of us noticing!

Some of us noticed from the beginning.  The only downside is that you have to watch the rest of the team play.  On Wednesday night he was 2-3.  The rest of the team was 1-26.  Ladies and gentlemen your 2014 Angels! 
27>34

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #127 on: April 04, 2014, 03:11:05 pm »

Is there any other way to look at your new batting coach breaking his femur on the ceremonial first pitch?
. Wait, I didn't hear anything about this. What's the story?
LVMH

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #128 on: April 04, 2014, 03:37:21 pm »

Freak accident.  Femur busted when he was in the crouch to catch the first pitch.  Boom.  Same sort of thing happened to my best friend.  Turned out his parathyroid was all fucked up, made him totally calcium deficient hence the brittle bones.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #129 on: April 04, 2014, 03:39:49 pm »

Freak accident.  Femur busted when he was in the crouch to catch the first pitch.  Boom.  Same sort of thing happened to my best friend.  Turned out his parathyroid was all fucked up, made him totally calcium deficient hence the brittle bones.
Wow! I was envisioning him being the person who is throwing the pitch, your situation is less funny.
LVMH

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #130 on: April 04, 2014, 03:46:49 pm »

Wow! I was envisioning him being the person who is throwing the pitch, your situation is less funny.
Not my situation!  Video is hard to watch!  When it happened to my friend he was crouching down in a crowded club.  His wife was literally walking up to the stage to do her very first standup comedy open mic.  And pop!  He heard it go, down he went, and he screamed.

I guess the whole comedy club angle makes that one a little funny.

stevewizzle

« Reply #131 on: April 04, 2014, 04:20:46 pm »
some kid snapped his femur in a high school football game when i was a kid.  never will i forget the sound of the screaming. kind of helps to imagine it happening in a comedy club.

vansmack

« Reply #132 on: April 04, 2014, 06:08:22 pm »
Not my situation!  Video is hard to watch! 

Don Baylor Video

I won't watch it again.

Turned out his parathyroid was all fucked up, made him totally calcium deficient hence the brittle bones.

Baylor was diagnosed in '03 with Multiple Myeloma, a cancer that weakens the bones.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 06:22:03 pm by vansmack »
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #133 on: April 04, 2014, 06:18:55 pm »
some kid snapped his femur in a high school football game when i was a kid.  never will i forget the sound of the screaming. kind of helps to imagine it happening in a comedy club.

When I was about 3 years old, my older sister and I shared a room via bunk beds.  She had the top, I had the bottom. 

She managed to get out through the barrier while sleeping and fell from the top to the ground, breaking her femur at about age 4.5.  Because kids grow so fast at that age, she was in traction and had a full waist plaster cast with a broom handle between her legs to set the femur so she wouldn't limp the rest of her life.  When she saw Baylor's injury, she cried.   
27>34

stevewizzle

« Reply #134 on: April 06, 2014, 04:36:01 pm »
jered weaver's line today was something out of a video game.

5.2 IP
5 H
4 HR
5 ER
6 K
0 BB
7.94 ERA
0.88 WHIP !!

not sure i've ever seen anything like this.  all damage coming from none other than the fucking astros! 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 04:38:44 pm by stevewizzle »